No matter how many new and exciting features email service providers add to their webmail service, the primary function of an email account is still sending and receiving emails. It can be utterly frustrating for the users if they can’t send and receive emails on their email account. However, if you are a yahoo mail user then you are quite fortunate because you will rarely have to face such problems. Even if your email account of Yahoo not sending & receiving emails then you can fix this problem effortlessly.
You should note that the problem in receiving and sending emails can occur in almost every device. You can see users complaining that they can’t receive Yahoo email on Android, can’t send yahoo email on Mac etc. The chances of a problem further increase when you try to send or receive Yahoo email on the third party apps like Thunderbird, Outlook etc.
Nonetheless, we must not forget that every problem has its solution as well. So, if you are finding it difficult to receive or send Yahoo emails 2019 then this tutorial is just for you. Just go through the steps we have mentioned in this post and you will be able to send and receive Yahoo emails with ease.
Why Yahoo email account not sending & receiving emails?
There are various different reasons why new emails are not arriving in your Yahoo mail account and you are unable to send emails on Yahoo. We will discuss the problem in sending and receiving Yahoo emails separately.
Possible reasons why you are unable to receive new emails on Yahoo
- The browser you are using in order to run Yahoo is not compatible.
- The server of Yahoo email is down.
- Accumulation of too many caches and cookies in your browser.
- Your internet connection is very slow and interrupted.
- There is no storage space in your Yahoo email account.
- An extension or add-on present in your browser stopping Yahoo from loading properly.
- It is possible that Yahoo mail not receiving some emails due to your Antivirus or firewall settings.
- You might have blocked the sender mistakenly. This issue is highly possible if Yahoo not receiving emails from one person.
- Filters in your Yahoo account blocking the new emails.
- The sender is doing a typing mistake while entering your email address.
- The sender might be trying to send emails in a format that is not supported in Yahoo.
- Problem with the email account configuration of your sender.
Why you are unable to send an email on Yahoo?
- You might be trying to send more number of emails than the permissible limit in Yahoo.
- The file you are trying to attach to Yahoo email is bigger than the permissible limit i.e. 25 MB.
- If you are unable to send Yahoo mail on apps like Thunderbird, Outlook etc. then it is possible that your Yahoo account is not properly configured.
- Your Yahoo email account is blocked by Yahoo due to sending a large number of spam messages.
- There is a problem with the web browser you are using in order to send emails from your Yahoo account.
- You are blocked by your recipient.
- Yahoo mail not working because the server is down or you are not connected to the internet.
The problem of not receiving and sending can occur due to any of the above-mentioned issues or due to a combination of these issues.
What to do if you are unable to send or receive emails on Yahoo 2019?
To confirm this problem, you should send yourself an email from your Yahoo email account. In case email doesn’t arrive in your inbox then it confirms that there is a problem with your yahoo email account. Here are the steps you need to follow in order to fix the problems if your Yahoo account not sending or receiving emails.
Steps to follow if you are unable to send an email on Yahoo
- First of all, make sure you are not trying to send more number of emails than the permissible limit.
- Check your internet connection and ensure that it is fast and uninterrupted.
- If your Yahoo Emails are bouncing back then you should make sure that you haven’t made any typing mistake while entering the email address of your recipient.
- Clear the cache and cookies of your browsers.
- Disable add-ons and extension of your browser or you may also switch to another browser if possible.
- Try to send an email again after disabling antivirus and firewall settings.
- Give a call to your recipients and ask them to check their spam or trash folder.
- Make sure you are not blocked by your recipients.
Steps to follow if your Yahoo email account is not receiving emails
- First of all, you should check the spam folder of your yahoo account because due to an inbuilt spam filter of Yahoo, the new emails can land there.
- Make sure you are connected to an internet connection.
- Check the email filter and blocking settings of your Yahoo mail account. This will ensure that you are not blocking the emails from the sender.
- Clear the browser data such as cache, cookies, search history etc. In case the problem continues then you may switch to another browser as well.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus and windows firewall settings and check if you are able to receive emails on Yahoo or not.
- If Yahoo email is not working or not sending/ receiving emails on Android then you should run Yahoo using the Android app. If the problem is with Yahoo Android app then you should switch to the Yahoo web version.
Also Read: Yahoo Email Not working on Chrome
Sending/ Receiving Yahoo Email using IMAP/ POP
If you are not able to send or receive Yahoo emails on a third party email clients like Outlook, Thunderbird etc. then it is quite possible that the problem is with your Yahoo email 2019 configuration. The IMAP/ POP settings for the proper configuration of Yahoo mail are as follows.
IMAP settings for Yahoo! Mail
Incoming Mail Server (IMAP) Hostname: imap.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming Port: 993
Require SSL: Yes
Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) Hostname: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Port: 587 or 465
Requires Authentication: Yes
POP Settings for Yahoo! Mail
Incoming Mail server Hostname: pop.mail.yahoo.com
Incoming server port: 99
Require SSL: yes
Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
Outgoing Port: 465 or 587
Require TLS: Yes (If available)
Require Authentication: Yes
Note: If yahoo not sending & receiving emails on iPhone or iPad then you can configure Yahoo or iPhone automatically without entering POP/ IMAP settings manually.
In some rare cases when you can’t access your yahoo emails 2020 even after following all these steps then you should post your issues in the yahoo help community forum.