When it comes to email service, Yahoo needs no introduction. It is one of the best email services and is used and praised by millions of users. The several features that it offers include fast email sending and receiving, optimum account security, simple recovery options, and many more. Despite all this, sometimes, Yahoo faces certain issues like lost password, inactive account, not working, etc. The Yahoo email not working on iPhone and Mac is one of the most common forms of the not working problem. This issue can lead to missing important emails and therefore needs to be fixed urgently.
This post provides simple yet effective ways in which a user can fix the Yahoo not working issue. If you are an apple user looking for the ways to fix the Yahoo email not working on iPhone and Mac, keep on reading to know more.
Reasons for Yahoo email not working on iPhone and Mac
A list of the few common reasons that creates the Yahoo email not working on iPhone and Mac and prevents the users from working efficiently with it is given below:
- The most common reason behind the Yahoo email not working is a slow internet connection.
- Your operating system is not up-to-date.
- Problem is with the browser you are using to open your Yahoo mail.
- There is interference with any third party software installed in your system.
- The issue is with the mobile application you are using to open Yahoo mail.
- There is mail server error causing connection issue.
- Sometimes, the presence of viruses in your system can also create problem in working of Yahoo mail.
- Your account has been blocked or its security has been compromised.
- There is some settings error with your Yahoo mail not allowing it to work properly.
How to fix the Yahoo email not working on iPhone issue?
First of all, make sure that there is no internet issue. To check this, try to load a webpage in your browser. If the internet speed is ok, check if the problem is not with your device. For this, login into your Yahoo mail account from your computer. Create and send the email to yourself. If the email is received successfully from your browser, the problem is with your mail app. To fix this, follow the troubleshoot measures given below.
- Make sure that the Mail app is updated to its later version.
- It is suggested to use the Yahoo mail app rather than the Mail app.
- Remove and reinstall the Yahoo mail in your Mail app.
- Sometimes, the automated setup process fails to obtain the correct server info. In such case, you can enter it manually also.
- Make sure you have not enabled Yahoo two-step verification or you will have to provide appropriate app password for mail login.
- It is very important that the configuration settings are not incorrect or corrupt. Always link your Yahoo mail to the Mail app with IMAP settings.
On the other hand, if the error is not due to the mobile app, but some other reasons, the steps to fix the issue are different. The other ways in which the Yahoo email not working on iPhone problem can be fixed by the user are given below.
- Make sure that you are using the latest version of the iOS software. If not, you need to download the latest updates released by Apple from time to time.
- Scan your device with a good antivirus program to be ensured that there is no virus creating problems with Yahoo mail.
- In case the working problem is due to server error or network outage, the only thing you can do is to wait till Yahoo fixes this error at its own end.
- Sometimes, a simple restart of the device can also help in fixing this Yahoo email not working on iPhone error.
- Run Quick Fix Tool from Yahoo to fix the Yahoo email not working on iPhone and Mac problem.
- Make sure that you haven’t changed your password from any other device and Yahoo mail in your iPhone is still logged in with the old password. If so, log out and sign in again to your account with the new password.
Note: It is also very important to make sure that there is no problem with your account before you start troubleshooting the Yahoo email not working on iPhone error. To recover a hacked, blocked or suspended account, you need to contact the Yahoo mail customer service.
Easy ways to solve the issue of Yahoo email not working on Mac
If you are using a Mac device and facing issues while working with Yahoo mail, certain things you can try to fix these issues are discussed below.
Here also, check that the problem is not with your internet connection and that your email account is active. After you are completely sure that these are not the reasons for Yahoo email not working on Mac, proceed with the steps given below to fix the problem.
- Make sure there is no problem with your web browser. The browser should be compatible and up-to-date. Clear old history and build up cookies and caches from the browser. Also, remove unwanted plug-ins and extensions from your browser. If nothing works, you can try re-installing the browser or you can also switch the browser.
- If your emails are always sent and received extremely slowly, you might want to contact email provider or Internet provider to fix this problem.
- If Yahoo mail on your Mac keeps on asking for your password, again and again, make sure that you are using the latest and correct password. If you are still not able to login into your Yahoo account, try resetting your password.
- Check for viruses in your system as they can also create problem in working of Yahoo email. Scan your system using a good antivirus program and delete all the threats found.
- If there is any third party software installed in your device that might be conflicting with your Yahoo mail, turn it off temporarily off. Once you are done with Yahoo mail you can resume such applications.
- Make sure that all the important system updates have been installed in your system.
- You can try logging in to your Yahoo account through the different sign-in page, like primary Yahoo login page or the Yahoo Mail sign-in page to fix the not working problem.
- Common problems like Yahoo email not working on iPhone and Mac can be solved by running the Quick Fix Tool by Yahoo.