Yahoo mail provides numerous attributes such as outstanding mail sending and receiving features, account security, easy account recovery, etc. Also, you can very easily change your profile information such as name, nickname, gender, etc. So, if you feel after creating your account that the information you provided was incorrect, you can edit it. However, many users face difficulty and are not able to update their profile information. This article presents to you the easiest steps in which you can update your Yahoo profile information.
Learn how to change/ update Yahoo account profile information
Anytime you want to make changes in your Yahoo profile, you can do it very easily. All you have to do is login to your account and follow the steps as explained in this article below.
Change account name and nickname in Yahoo
It is very simple to change your name or nickname in Yahoo. Follow these steps for the same:
- Log into your Yahoo email account using your id and password.
- On the top, you can see your name or nickname.
- Click on the name and edit it to the new name you want to change to.
- Now, click on the ‘save’ button to save the changes.
Change gender in Yahoo
You can follow the gender in your Yahoo account by following these steps:
- Login into your Yahoo account and go to ‘settings’.
- In the ‘settings’, click on the account button and select the ‘edit your account info’ link.
- You will be redirected to a page asking to enter your password again.
- Retype the password and click on ‘Sign In’ button.
- Now, scroll down to the ‘gender’ tab and change the gender entry.
Also Read: Yahoo Email Not working on Iphone
Update profile picture in Yahoo
You can very easily add or change your profile picture in Yahoo email account either in Yahoo app or through web browser. Picture can be uploaded in any of the .jpg, .png, and .jpeg format. However, the maximum size of the photo should be 5 MB and pixel size at least 192×192 pixels.
The steps to update or add profile picture in Yahoo mail are given below:
Update profile picture through Yahoo app
- Tap the Sidebar icon and select ‘Manage Accounts’.
- Select ‘Account info’.
- You can see the camera image right above your name.
- Select the camera and choose a photo from your library
- You can also take a new photo if you wish.
- If necessary, you can also crop the photo.
- Tap Choose to set your new account image.
Check: Yahoo Not Sending Emails
Update profile picture through web browser
- Go to the Yahoo Personal info page.
- There you can see a camera image above your name.
- Select from gallery a photo you wish to set as your account profile picture.
- If you wish, you can take a new photo as well.
- You can also edit (crop, rotate) the photograph as per the suitability.
- Click on save to select your Account image.
Changing of date of birth in Yahoo mail
Unfortunately it is not possible for the user to change the date of birth in Yahoo mail. So, in case you have entered your birthday wrong in Yahoo account, you will not be able to change it. The only thing you can do is open a new account if you want to reflect your correct date of birth in your Yahoo account.