Verizon email service is no longer available. However, users can still use their Verizon email accounts either through AOL or Yahoo.
Configuring Verizon email on Android phones is not as tough as it might appear to some users. On comparing the process with that of a computer, setting up Verizon email on Android device is way much easier.
With the help of this, you no longer need to rely on your computer to check the emails. Verizon email can be accessed on mobile devices by making certain changes in the server settings.
Installation of Verizon email on Android mobile can be done with both the POP and IMAP settings. Here users have the choice to opt for any one of the settings. Even though IMAP is preferred by most of the people yet there are many users who feel comfortable with POP settings.
The post will act as a guide to the Verizon users who want to link their email with android mobile using POP settings. Users are suggested to follow the instructions as stated in the post to set up Verizon email on mobile successfully.
Email settings for Verizon
By changing the incoming and outgoing email settings in the phone, you can configure Verizon email your Android mobile phone. The fields should bear the values as stated in the table given below.
Also Check – How to recover Verizon email password?
|SSL security incoming||SSL|
Important tips to add Verizon email on Android phone
Here are some useful tips for the users seeking “how to connect Verizon email on android phone”. It is essential for you to go through these tips before starting the required configuration for Verizon email.
- You must hold a valid account on Verizon email. In order to set it up on an android phone, you will require username and password.
- Check if your android phone is connected to the internet properly or not. In case you are using the internet through wifi, make sure you’re getting a stable speed of internet. If you are using mobile network, ensure that the mobile data is turned on. Turn off the airplane mode in case it is active.
- Ensure that you have kept the backup of important emails stored in Verizon account. Even though the settings won’t affect the data stored in your account but for a safer side keeping the backup will prevent any mishap that can occur during the configuration, if any.
- After you are done with the configuration, you need to restart your mobile phone so that the settings can be applied properly.
Verizon email settings for android- Steps to follow
The settings for configuring Verizon on android might differ slightly in some android phones. But users need not worry as the core idea remains the same for all android mobiles.
Know – How to fix Gmail Won’t Load?
Therefore, you should check the model and brand of phone you own and proceed accordingly. Here is the step by step process on how to add Verizon email in android-
- First and foremost, you need to go to the “mail” app on your android phone and choose the “settings”. In some phones, you can directly switch to the settings as there is no mail app present on some android phones.
- Tap on the “add a new email account” option.
- Choose the “POP3” option and provide the information required in the fields.
- Enter your Verizon email address and password in the specific fields present on your mobile’s screen.
- You need to select “Manual Setup” option on the screen.
- Here are the information you are required to enter in the incoming email server settings-
- Username: Enter the username through which you access your Verizon email account.
- Password: Enter the password of Verizon email
- Incoming server:verizon.net
- Incoming port: Set the incoming port number to 995
- Security type: Enable the security by selecting the “ssl” option
- Hit the ‘next’ button and follow the next step for outgoing server settings.
- Given below is the information you need to enter in the outgoing email server settings-
- Outgoing server: verizon.net
- Outgoing port: 465
- Security type: Choose the “ssl” option to enable the security
- Authorization required: You need authorization to proceed with the settings. Select “yes” button to enable the authorization.
- Username: Enter your username or Verizon email id
- Password: Enter the relevant password
- Choose ‘next’ to complete the setup.
You have now successfully completed the set up of Verizon email on Android mobile. Restart the device so that the settings will get reflected in your phone. Then only proceed to check the emails stored in your Verizon account.
Those who are facing issues with AOL may contact the support team either through Yahoo mail help or AOL mail customer service.
Frequently Asked Questions
Unfortunately, it is not possible to migrate or retrieve data now.
To focus on its Internet and TV services.
Yes, you can set up the Verizon email through your Gmail app.
Yes, this email service is offered by AOL or Yahoo and is completely safe.