Windstream email can be set up on your android phone with the few changes in the server settings. It is not as tricky as done on the computer. Now you can access your emails with just a tap on your phone. Users who want to set up their Windstream email account on android phone need to follow the step by step procedure explained in the post. Installing Windstream on android can help you in checking the emails on phone without any hassle. Now you don’t need to open your computer again and again to send/receive Windstream email. The set up of Windstream email on a mobile phone can be done using POP or IMAP settings.
Configuration for Windstream Email
Windstream email configuration settings for Android mobile are given below. Make sure that the incoming and outgoing server settings are done as per the information given in the table.
Know-hows before setting Windstream email on Android
Before proceeding for the settings, it is important for you to go through the instructions mentioned below to link Windstream email with android phone.
- Ensure that your mobile device is connected to the internet properly. If you are using wifi, check that the cables and wiring are done neatly. In case you use mobile data, then ensure that it is turned on and airplane mode is disabled on your android.
- You must possess a valid email id and password if you want to set up your Windstream email on android phone.
- Create a backup of important emails before you start the configuration. Through the settings won’t alter the data stored on your email account but as a safety precaution, it’s wise to keep a backup.
- Restart the android phone once the settings are done. This way the settings will get reflected in your phone and you can check your emails hassle-free.
Adding windstream email on Android device
The settings explained in the post might differ depending upon the version, model and manufacturer of your android device. In case you cannot set up email using the process given below, you can also refer your phone’s user manual and proceed accordingly. Follow the steps mentioned below to set up Windstream email on your Android device-
- Tap the home screen of your android phone.
- Now tap the “Applications” Tray and then tap on the “Email” option.
- You need to select the “Add Account” tab and enter the information as asked.
- Enter your email address and password in the field given and tap the “Next” button.
- Choose IMAP as your email account type and head to the incoming server settings.
- Enter the following information in the incoming server settings-
- Username: Provide the email id with which you access your Windstream account
- Password: Enter the password here
- Incoming port: Set the incoming port number type to 993/ 143
- Incoming server:windstream.net
- Security type: select “ssl” to enable security.
- Tap on the “Next” button and go to the outgoing server settings.
- Provide the following information in outgoing settings for server-
- Username: Enter your email address
- Password: Enter the password of Windstream email account
- Outgoing port number: 465/ 587/ 25
- Outgoing server:windstream.net
- Authorization required: Select the “yes” option to enable the authorization.
- Place a checkmark in the desired account options and tap on the “Next” button.
- Give a name for your account and tap “Done” to finish the setup.
Your account is now created and you can now send and receive email through your Android phone. It is to be noted that Windstream recommends the users to use the incoming and outgoing SSL mail server ports when configuring all email clients so as to prevent SPAM and safeguard the security of its users.
Here is the short description of different servers. Windstream email settings for android phone can be done using either POP or IMAP. However, for better flexibility and synchronization users should go for the IMAP one.
- IMAP (Internet Messaging Access Protocol) – IMAP settings are widely preferred for linking Windstream email with mobile. Here messages are kept on the Windstream server. Therefore, all devices using IMAP will look the same i.e. any change done will immediately get reflected on all devices. IMAP is the most preferred incoming server type choice when a single email address is used on multiple devices.
- POP (Post Office Protocol) – User can opt for POP settings also, but there is one problem with the POP settings. In POP, messages are downloaded from the Windstream server to a single device, and then deleted from the server. It can create a problem because if you try to check your mail from a different device then your mail might seem missing or disappearing from your Inbox. Therefore, you should go for the IMAP settings to connect Windstream email on Android mobile.
- SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) – SMTP is simply the outgoing mail server through which your files/emails are transferred over the internet.