1and1.com Email settings for android mobile phone
Configuring 1and1.com on Android mobile phone is pretty simple. All you need to do is make some changes in the incoming and outgoing email server settings and you can easily use the email service on your phone.
You no longer need to open your computer or laptop to check the emails stored in 1and1.com account. With 1and1.com set up in Android, you can send and receive emails quite conveniently and hassle-free.
Incorrect email configuration of 1and1.com can cause hindrance in using the email service. But with the step by step procedure given in the post, you can complete 1and1.com email set up on Android without any problem.
Simply follow the instructions given in the post to correctly connect 1and1.com in your Smartphone.
Email configuration for 1and1.com on Android
Given below are the server settings for linking 1and1.com with your Android Smartphone. You need to make sure that the fields contain the values as explained in the table.
|Security type||TLS for outgoing and SSL for incoming|
Important instructions before setting up 1and1.com email
Before jumping straight to the process of adding 1and1.com on Android, you must go through the instructions given below –
- You need to have a valid username and password in order to set 1and1.com on android phone.
- Make sure that your phone is properly connected to the internet. Turn on the wifi if you are using mobile data to access 1and1.com email. Ensure that the airplane mode is switched off.
- In case you want to read and receive emails instantly, then you can do so by using IMAP as the account type. But if you only want to manage your emails on your phone, then you should choose POP3 for the same.
- In case you have not created an account yet in the email app, then you need to provide your email address and password. Then tap Log In If you already have an account in your email app, tap More > Preferences. From the menu, tap Add New Account.
- It is advised to keep the backup of your important emails before you initiate the 1and1.com email set up on android.
1and1.com email setup on Android
The process to connect 1and1.com email on android phone differs as per the type, model and brand of Smartphone you own.
Therefore some of the steps mentioned here might not be present on your phone. Instead of that, there can be other options that more or less will take you to the server settings screen.
You are advised to proceed accordingly. To manually set up 1and1.com email on your Android phone, here’s what you are required to do-
- Open the “mail” app in your Smartphone, and go to the “settings” to add 1and1.com email account.
- Click on the “add a new account” option to begin the 1and1.com email setup on android.
- A drop-down list of type of the account will be presented on the screen with options- IMAP, POP and Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync. You need to select “IMAP” option.
- Now you need to enter your full 1and1.com email address and password.
- Choose the option “Manual Setup” to manually configure 1and1.com on android.
- Enter the following information in the incoming email server settings screen:
- Username: Enter the email address with which you login into 1and1.com account.
- Incoming server:ionos.com
- Incoming port: Set the port number to 993
- Password: Enter your 1and1.com email password
- Security type: ssl
- Choose the ‘next’ option and head over to the outgoing server settings.
- You need to provide given details in the outgoing email server settings screen:
- Outgoing server:ionos.com
- Outgoing port: Set the port number to 587
- Security type: ssl
- Password: Enter the password of ionos email
- Authorization required: yes
- Username: email
- Click on the ‘next’ button.
Automatically set up 1and1.com on android phone
The automatic configuration to set up an Android device for 1and1.com email settings is given below-
- Open the “application” button present on the home screen of your android phone.
- Tap on the “Email” icon and enter your ionos email address along with the password.
- Select the “next” button.
- Provide your account name followed by your name and tap the “Done” button once the step is completed.
The email configuration for ionos is done on your Android mobile successfully. Before you use the email make sure to restart the phone to let the settings get applied. Now you can use 1and1.com to send or receive emails conveniently.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use the Gmail app to configure IONOS on Android.
IMAP is considered better in many aspects including device compatibility and speed.
Yes, enable SSL for both incoming and outgoing server settings.
You can reset your 1and1 email password by visiting the 1and1 website and following the password reset instructions.
Yes, you can use 1and1 email using Google chrome or any other web browser on your android phone.