NetZero email can be configured in your android phone very easily. In order to set up NetZero email on Android mobile, you need to change certain incoming and outgoing server settings. Gone are the times when you could access your NetZero account on computers. With the easy configuration on the mobile phone, you need not open your computer every time to check your emails.
NetZero email users who want to link their email account with android phone can do the same with the help of settings given in the post. You are required to follow the step by step procedure to connect NetZero email with Android mobile phone. The configuration steps in mobile phone are way simpler than the ones done on a computer.
Email settings for NetZero account
Here are the incoming and outgoing email settings required to setup NetZero email on an android device. The fields should bear the values as stated in the table given below-
Important instructions for adding NetZero email on Android phone
In order to connect your NetZero account in android mobile, you need to first go through the pre-requisites required for configuration. Here are some important reminders you must make yourself familiar with to add NetZero on android-
- Make sure your android phone is properly connected to the internet. You should check if your phone is connected to wifi or not. In case you use mobile data then ensure that it is turned on. The airplane mode in your mobile phone should not be turned on when performing the set up.
- You are required to keep your username/email id and password handy when changing the settings.
- It is important to keep the backup of emails as a safety precaution before you begin the configuration. However, the configuration is unlikely to affect your data. Still, for a safer side, you must keep the required backup.
- When you are done with the setup you need to restart the mobile phone so that the settings can be applied properly. Only then you should use NetZero on Android to check your emails.
NetZero email settings for android phone
Depending on the version, model, or manufacturer of your android phone the steps to setting up email may be slightly different than shown in the post. If you are unable to set up your email using these instructions, you can refer to your phone’s user manual to set up NetZero email accordingly. Here are the NetZero email settings for android mobile-
- Begin the process by taping the “Menu” or “Home” icon on your android phone.
- Now tap on the “Settings” icon, and select “Accounts” option.
- Tap the “Add Account” option and choose the “Email”.
- You will be asked to provide your full NetZero email address and password.
- When you are done typing the email address and password, tap the “Next” button to proceed further.
- Now tap on “Manual setup” option and select “POP3” as the server.
- A screen with Incoming server settings will get displayed where you are required to enter the following information.
- Incoming server type:NetZero.com
- Incoming port number: Set the port number to 995
- Security type: ssl
- Username: Type the username you use to access NetZero account
- Password: Type the password of NetZero account
- Select “never” for delete email from server
- Tap on “Next” button.
- Enter the following information for outgoing email server settings on the concerned screen-
- Outgoing server type:NetZero.com
- Outgoing port number: Set the port number to 465
- Security type: Choose the “ssl” option from the list
- Authorization required: select “yes”
- Choose how frequently you’d like to check your email and tap the “Next” button.
- You have now successfully linked your NetZero email on android phone.
- As soon as the account is set up you will get a message stating “Your account is set up, and email is on its way!”
- After that, you need to type the name for the outgoing message under “Your name (displayed on outgoing messages)”.
- Tap on the “Done” button when you have entered the name.
- Now you need to wait for email to sync.
- Once the email is synchronized with your device you need to restart your phone so that the settings can be reflected in your phone.
Just in case the port number doesn’t work well for you, then you can also the configuration with the post numbers given below:
- Incoming port: 110
- Outgoing port: 25