The mail app on your iPhone or iPad can be set up to access your Windstream emails quite easily. By doing so, you can see the emails sent from your Windstream email account on your iPhone. Similarly, the email received on your Windstream account will also appear on your iPhone. In order to set up a Windstream account on iPhone, you can use IMAP/ POP protocols.
You should note that the exact steps for setting up Windstream in iPhone/iPad depend upon the iPhone model you are using. However, the general settings remain the same. In this tutorial, we will take you through the correct procedure to use Windstream email in iPhone.
Settings to configure Windstream mail account on iPhone
If you are tech savvy then you can complete the procedure to set up Windstream email on your iPhone using the following settings.
|Incoming mail server hostname||pop.windstream.net|
|SSL incoming (security)||None|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||smtp.windstream.net|
|Requires sign-in/ sign-in requirement||Yes|
The users who don’t know how to use these settings on your iPhone can check the steps discussed below.
Steps to set up a Windstream email account on iPhone.
Before we move on to the steps, you should note that some steps may vary according to your iPhone model. Additionally, you should also remember that these steps are progressive in nature. It means you should not skip any step while configuring Windstream on an iPhone.
- To begin with, you need to open “settings” on your iPhone
- Then, scroll down and tap on the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” option.
- Tap on the “Add Account” button followed by “Other”.
- Now, tap on “Add Mail Account” option and enter the following settings/ information at the prescribed space.
- Name: Your full name.
- Email: Your complete Windstream email ID.
- Here, you need to enter your Windstream mail password.
- Description: Just enter “Windstream”.
- Select “POP3” option under the “Incoming mail server” and enter the following information/ settings.
- Hostname: enter “pop.windstream.net”.
- Username: provide your Windstream account username.
- Password: enter your Windstream password.
- After that, you should scroll down and locate the “Outgoing mail server” option. Under this option, you need to enter the following settings.
- Hostname: type “smtp.windstream.net”
- Username: your Windstream mail username.
- Password: provide your Windstream password.
- After entering the outgoing server information, you should tap on the “Save” button.
- Choose your Windstream email address and select “SMTP” under “Outgoing mail server”.
- Now, select “smtp.windstream.net” under the “main server” and ensure that the following information is appearing.
- Server port: 25
- SSL: none
- After that, you should tap on “Done” and go back to the previous screen. Here, you have to select “Advanced” and ensure that the following information is displaying.
- Server port: pop.windstram.net
- SSL: none
- Finally, go back to the previous screen and restart your iPhone in order to finish the setup.
Once you are done with restarting your iPhone, you can access Windstream email through the mail app.
Some important tips and tricks
- When you enter outgoing mail server hostname along with other info, you may receive a message stating “Verifying IMAP account information”. Here, you just need to tap “yes”.
- Don’t forget to restart your iPhone after following all the steps. Otherwise, the Windstream configuration will not take place.
- You may check the user manual of your iPhone to check the instructions applicable to your model.