Wave Broadband is one of the most renowned internet service providers in the US. In addition to the high-speed internet, it also offers a pretty good webmail service to its users. You can use this email service on your PC as well as on your smartphone. In order to access Wave Broadband email on iPhone/ Android, you need to configure Wave Broadband IMAP/ POP settings on your smartphone.
If you also have a Wave Broadband email account and looking to set it up on your iPhone then this tutorial is just for you. Here, we will take you through the step by step method by which you can set up a Wave Broadband email account on your iPhone with ease.
Requirements for configuring Wave Broadband email on an iPhone
You can easily send and receive your Wave Broadband emails on an iPhone by POP/ IMAP configuration. Here are the things you will need in order to set up your Wave Broadband emails on iPhone.
- Wave Broadband Email address: It is obvious that you need to have your Wave Broadband email Id while adding Wave Broadband email on iPhone.
- Your Wave Broadband username: You can have your wave broadband email address with different domain name but the username remains the same. Your wave broadband username is the first part of your email address that precedes the domain name.
- Wave Broadband email Password: You will have to provide your email password as well. So, if you don’t remember your wave broadband password then you should recover it first.
- Wifi or Mobile Data connection: All the information that you will provide while setting up wave broadband email account on iPhone will be verified from the server. That’s why it is necessary to have a wifi or mobile data internet connectivity on your iPhone.
Wave Broadband POP settings for iPhone
|Incoming Server Hostname||mail.wavecable.com|
|Incoming server port||110|
|SSL (Incoming server security)||None|
|Outgoing server Hostname||mail.wavecable.com|
|Outgoing server port||25|
|Requires sign in||Yes|
You can simply install these settings in your iPhone and access Wave Broadband emails with ease. If you don’t know how to install Wave Broadband POP/ IMAP setting on an iPhone then you should check the steps below.
How to set up a Wave Broadband email account on an iPhone?
The steps to set up a wave broadband email account on iPhone are given below. All the steps here are mandatory and you are advised not to skip any of these steps.
- You need to start the process by opening the “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down to locate and open the “Mail, contacts and calendars” option.
- Then, you need to press the “Add Account” button. This will open a list of popular email service providers such as Outlook, Yahoo, Google etc.
- Wave Broadband is not on the list so you should tap “Other”.
- Provide the following information related to your Wave Broadband email account by tapping “Add Mail Account”.
- Name: Provide your full name
- Email: Your Wave Broadband Email address.
- Password: Password of your Wave Broadband Email
- Description: you can write a short description as per your choice.
- Highlight “POP3” and enter the “Incoming Mail Server” information as given below:
- Incoming server Hostname: mail.wavecable.com
- Username: First part of your Wave Broadband email address before “@” sign.
- Password: enter your Wave Broadband password
- After that, you should enter the “Outgoing Mail Server” information as given below:
- Outgoing server Hostname: mail.wavecable.com
- Username: Wave Broadband username
- Password: the password of your wave broadband email account.
- Save the Incoming/ Outgoing mail server settings by pressing the “Save” button.
- Select the Wave Broadband Email address on the next screen.
- Then, you should move/ scroll down and tap “SMTP” under the “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Choose “mail.wavecable.com” as the main/ primary server and ensure that the following information is displaying
- SSL: none
- Server port: 25
- Tap “Done” and then go back to the last screen. Here, you need to open the “Advanced” tab and check the following info.
- SSL: none
- Server port: mail.wavecable.com
- Finally, you should go back to the previous screen and restart the iPhone.
After a restart, you can check your Wave Broadband Email messages on iPhone using the “Mail” app.
Other important things to know
- Some steps to link Wave Broadband email with iPhone can vary for different iPhone models. For example – the steps to set up Wave Broadband email on iPhone 10 is different from the steps for iPhone 6.
- Wave Broadband offers email address from a lot of domain. If the incoming /outgoing server mentioned here doesn’t work out for you then you should contact wave broadband support.
- The steps discussed here are also applicable if you are looking to set up Wave Broadband email on iPad or iPod touch.