Setup Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone
Even though Verizon has decided to shut down its email service users can still use their Verizon.net email account. Some Verizon email users have been migrated to AOL mail while others are migrated to Yahoo. You can use your Verizon (Yahoo!) email account on a computer as well as on a smartphone. If you are using your Verizon email through Yahoo and wondering How to setup Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone then this article is just for you.
You can configure Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone automatically as well as manually. Here, we will take you through IMAP/ POP setting as well as through the steps to configure Verizon (Yahoo!) email account on an iPhone.
IMAP/ POP configuration for Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone
The POP3 settings in order to add Verizon Yahoo email to iPhone are illustrated in the table below:
|Incoming mail server hostname||Incoming.yahoo.verizon.net|
|Incoming mail port||995|
|SSL (Incoming server security)||Ssl|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||Outgoing.Yahoo.verizon.net|
|Outgoing mail port||465|
|Requires sign-in/ Authentication requirement||Yes|
Entering these settings on your iPhone can be a bit difficult for you if you are a new iPhone user. Nonetheless, you should not worry if you are a new iPhone user because you just need to follow the steps mentioned below in this post.
pre-requisites to setup Verizon (Yahoo!) email account on an iPhone?
If you are looking to access Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone then you need to have access to the following things.
- Internet Connection: You cannot link Verizon Yahoo email with iPhone without having a good internet connection. That’s why it is recommended to check your internet connectivity. You should ensure that your iPhone is connected to wifi or mobile data connection before installing the IMAP/ POP settings.
- Verizon Email address and username: You should compulsorily know your Verizon (Yahoo!) email id and username in order to set it up on an iPhone.
- Verizon Password: In addition to the Verizon Email address and username, it is also mandatory that you have a Verizon email (Yahoo!) password with you during the setup process. The login credentials are verified from the server at the time of setting up an email account on the iPhone. So, you should reset your password if you don’t remember it.
How can I configure Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone?
The step by step procedure of Verizon (Yahoo!) email iPhone set up is illustrated below:
- Open the home screen of your iPhone. Here, you should tap on the “Settings” button.
- Once you are in the settings menu, you should select and open “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” tab.
- After that, you should tap “Add Account” and then “Other” button. You will find the “Other” button below the list of popular email services like Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail etc.
Note: If you are looking for the automatic set up then you should tap Yahoo and follow the instruction that will appear on your screen. For manual set up you can move on to step 4.
- Under the “Mail” option you should tap “Add Mail Account” button.
- Now, you should provide the following information regarding your Verizon (Yahoo!) email account.
- Name: Enter the name you want to be displayed in the “From” field of the email messages that you will send from your account.
- Email: Provide the complete Verizon (Yahoo!) email address.
- Password: Enter Verizon (Yahoo!) password
- Description: You can write any short description regarding this account.
- Touch the “Next” button that is available at the top right corner and select “POP” on the next screen.
- After that, you should scroll down and enter the following information under “Incoming Mail Server”.
- Incoming Server Hostname: incoming.yahoo.verizon.net
- Username: Enter the username of your Verizon (Yahoo!) email account
- Password: Provide Verizon yahoo email password
- Then, you should provide the information given below under the “Outgoing mail server”
- Outgoing Server Hostname: Outgoing.Yahoo.verizon.net
- Username: Provide your Verizon (Yahoo!) username
- Password: Enter the password of your Verizon (Yahoo!) email account
- Save the entered information and choose your “Verizon (Yahoo!)” email address on the next screen.
- Go to the SMTP tab under the Outgoing mail server.
- Select “outgoing.yahoo.verizon.net” as the main server and verify that the following information is displayed accurately.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 465
- After that, you should tap “Done” and move back to the last screen. Here, you should verify the information given below:
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 995
- That’s it, you can now conclude Verizon (Yahoo!) email configuration on iPhone by restarting your iPhone.
To check if the configuration is working properly, you should try to access Verizon (Yahoo!) email on “Mail” app of your iPhone.
Note: Some of the steps that we have illustrated in this post can vary a little depending upon the version/ model of iPhone you are using for example iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone X etc.
Other helpful tips and trick to remember
Here are some tips and tricks that you should remember in order to use Verizon email in a hassle-free manner.
- Keep a backup of important emails before you connect Verizon (Yahoo!) email on iPhone. Doing this will save you from losing your important emails in case of a misconfiguration.
- If you are unable to send/receive Verizon email on iPhone then you should check the incoming/ outgoing server information you have added.
- You can refer the user manual of your iPhone if you are finding the steps different from what we have discussed in this post.
- If you are facing errors even after adding Verizon (Yahoo) mail on iPhone perfectly then you should contact Yahoo support for Verizon customers.