All versions of the iPhone and iPad are equipped with “Mail” app to check your emails. This app offers amazing user-interface and flexibility while accessing your email account. If you use a popular email service such as Google, Yahoo, Outlook etc then you can add your email account to iPhone very easily using the automatic process. However, for less popular email services like US army email, you need to set up your account manually. It is quite simple to setup US email on iPhone if you know the proper POP/ IMAP configurations.
This tutorial is for those users who are wondering how to configure US army email on an iPhone. Here we will discuss various methods to access US army email on iPhone. Additionally, we will illustrate the steps to add US army email to iPhone in a convenient manner.
Accessing US army email on iPhone
Here are some important things about using US army email on iPhone that you should know.
- Setting up US army email using IMAP/ POP protocols is not the only method by which you can check your US army email account on iPhone. Alternatively, you can simply log in to your US army webmail account using the Safari browser of your iPhone.
- Using Safari browser to check US army email may seem to be an easier option but it doesn’t offer a good user-interface and features. So, if you want to enjoy the stupendous experience of using US army email account on an iPhone you should opt for IMAP/ POP protocols.
- For US army email iPhone configuration you can either opt for IMAP or POP protocol. In IMAP protocols, the emails are saved on the server and you can access them from any device. While in POP protocols the emails are saved locally on your iPhone.
Know hows of setting US army email on iPhone
You should check pre-requisites given below before initiating the process to configure US army email on an iPhone.
- Internet connection is the most important pre-requisite in order to access US army email on an iPhone. All the information that you will provide need to be verified from the server. So, you should check the Mobile data and wifi connection before getting started with the configuration process. Also make sure that your iPhone is not on airplane mode.
- It is also necessary for you to know the complete email address of your US army email account. In addition to the email address, you must also know the username of your US army email account.
- Also ensure that you know your US army email account password. Remembering the password is crucial because to link US army email to iPhone you need to enter the password. You should reset the password using US Army password recovery in case you don’t remember it.
- Even though it is not necessary but still it is recommended to take a backup of the emails you have previously saved in “Mail” app of your iPhone. It is recommended because many a time, the previously saved emails get deleted after adding a new email account.
US Army email IMAP settings for iPhone
The IMAP settings to connect US army email with IPhone are given in the table below. Most of the people prefer IMAP settings over POP. However, if you want to set up US Army email on iPhone using POP then you can check the POP settings from the official website.
|Incoming Mail Server||imap.us.army.mil|
|Incoming Mail Port||993|
|SSL (incoming server security)||SSL|
|Outgoing Mail Server||mailrouter.us.army.mil|
|Outgoing Mail Port||465|
You should be very careful while entering these settings because even a small mistake while entering the information can result in a lot of problems.
Steps to Configure US Army Email on iPhone
If you don’t know the correct method to set up an email account on iPhone then you may follow the steps discussed below. Please remember that some of the steps below can vary for different versions of iPhone like iPhone 6s, iPhone 7, iPhone X etc.
- To begin the process, you need to open “settings” from the home screen of your iPhone.
- After opening the settings, you need to choose the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” settings.
- Then, select the “Add Account” option under the “account” section.
- Now, a list of popular email accounts such as Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, and Outlook will appear on your screen. As US army email is not on the list, you need to select “Other” option that will appear at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you should tap “Add Mail Account” and provide the following information regarding your US army email account.
- Name: Enter your name
- Email: Enter your full US army email address.
- Password: Provide the password of your US army email account.
- Description: In the description field, you may simply type “US Army”.
- Tap “Next” and select “IMAP” from the top of the next screen.
- Then, you should scroll down and carefully enter the information given below under “Incoming mail server”.
- Incoming Mail Hostname: imap.us.army.mil
- Username: Enter your US army email username
- Password: Enter the password of your US army email account.
- After entering the “Incoming Mail Server” information, you should provide the following information under the “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Outgoing Mail Hostname: mailrouter.us.army.mil
- Username: Provide your US army email username
- Password: Provide the password of your US army email.
- Then, you need to tap the “Save” button in order to save the information you have entered.
- On the next screen, you should select the US army email account you have just entered.
- Scroll down to locate the “Outgoing Mail Server” option. Under this option, you need to choose “SMTP”.
- Choose “mailrouter.us.army.mil” under the “Primary/ Main” server and ensure that the following information is appearing.
- SSL: SSL
- Serverport: 465
- Select the “Done” button and go back to the last screen again. Here, you should choose “Advanced” and confirm that the information given below is accurate.
- SSL: SSL
- Serverport: 993
- Finally, you can conclude the US army email set up on iPhone by restarting the device.
Note: You may also follow these steps to add US army email on iPad or iPod touch.
We hope that this post will clear all your doubts regarding setting up US army email on an iPhone. However, if you still have any query or your US army email not working on iPhone then you should contact US army email support for more assistance.