You can now use SureWest email in your iPhone device for sending and receiving messages. Very easily, you can add SureWest email in iPhone and carry your email in your pocket. This is not only easy but is also considered very convenient, as by doing this, you will never miss out any important email. All you need is the address, username and password of your SureWest email account and the right configuration settings. In this article, we have described in detail how you can setup SureWest in iPhone. The settings you need and other requirements for setup all can be found in this post.
Requirements for SureWest setup in iPhone
- A valid and active internet pack accessible through your iPhone
- Your complete SureWest email account address
- Password and username of your SureWest email account
Mail settings for SureWest setup in iPhone
The following are the configuration settings required for installing SureWest email account in iPhone:
|SSL (security) incoming||None|
Steps to configure SureWest in iPhone
It is quite simple to setup any email account in your iPhone using the ‘Add Mail Account’ option available in the device settings. Follow the steps as given below to setup SureWest email account in your iPhone device.
Step 1: On your iPhone, go to the device settings.
In the settings, you will find the ‘Mail, Contacts and Calendars’ options.
You may find the option ‘Passwords & Accounts’ instead of ‘Mail, Contacts and Calendars’.
Step 2: Click on the option as available and then select ‘Accounts’ > ‘Add Account’.
Step 3: Select ‘Other’ and tap on ‘Add Mail Account’.
Step 4: As you click on Add Mail Account, you will be asked to provide the following information:
- Name: Your name or any name as you want to appear in the inbox of receiver
- Email: Your complete SureWest email address including the domain
- Password: The password of your SureWest email
- Description: Provide description as ‘SureWest’ or anything else that you like
Step 5: Once these details are entered correctly, select pop3 and provide the following information under incoming mail server:
- Hostname: pop.SureWest.com
- Username: Your SureWest account username
- Password: Your SureWest account password
Step 6: Next, go to outgoing mail server and provide the following details:
- Hostname: smtp.SureWest.com
- Username: The username of your SureWest account
- Password: The password of your SureWest account
Step 7: Click on ‘save’ option to save these details and go to the next screen.
Step 8: Now, tap on your email address on the new screen that appears.
Scroll down to go to outgoing mail server and select SMTP.
Step 9: Go to ‘main server’ and choose smtp.SureWest.com. Check if the following details are displayed:
- SSL: none
- ServerPort: 587
Step 10: Click on ‘done’ to go to the previous screen. Click on ‘Advanced’ to check if the following information is displayed:
- SSL: none
- ServerPort: pop.surewest.com
Step 11: Go back to the previous screen and restart your iPhone to finish the configuration process.
Things to keep in mind
Few things that the iPhone users need to keep in mind while setting up SureWest in their device are given below:
- Make sure that you have a strong internet connection or else your setup process will not be completed successfully.
- The email address, password, username, etc must be correct.
- The email configuration will be complete only after you restart your iPhone.
- Details as given in the step 9 and step 10 should be correct. In case, the information displayed is different than the given ones, you need to enter the correct details manually.