Over the years, we have seen a lot of technological advancement as far as email is concerned. Now, you need have to find a computer or a laptop in order to check or send an email. As long as you have a smartphone with an Internet connection, you access your email with ease. Qwest email is not an exception. You can access Qwest email on iPhone quite easily by using IMAP/ POP configuration. The benefit of IMAP/ POP settings is that you will get amazing flexibility and security at the time you use Qwest email account on iPhone.
This article is for those Qwest email users who are wondering how to setup Qwest email on iPhone. Here we will provide you with the POP3 settings for configuring Qwest on an iPhone. Additionally, we will also discuss the most secure yet convenient method to set up Qwest email on your iPhone.
POP3 settings to configure Qwest email on an iPhone
In order to connect Qwest Email account on iPhone, you need to enter the following Pop3 server settings.
|Incoming mail server hostname||Pop.mpls.qwest.net|
|Incoming mail server port||110|
|SSL (Incoming Server Security)||None|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||pop.mpls.qwest.net|
|Authentication required/ Requires sign-in||Yes|
What are the requirements to add Qwest email account on iPhone?
If you are looking to set up your Qwest email account on the iPhone then you should ensure a few things as given below:
- Firstly, you should remember your complete Qwest email address and username.
- You should also know the password of your Qwest email account. Remember you need to enter your Qwest login credentials correctly while adding Qwest email on your iPhone. However, if you forgot Qwest password then you should reset it through the Qwest email password recovery.
- Having a good internet connection is also very important in order to link Qwest Email with your iPhone. So, it is essential that you check the wifi and mobile internet connection of your iPhone before initiating the configuration process.
How to set up Qwest.net email on iPhone?
If you haven’t manually set up an email account on your iPhone before then you must be wondering how to configure Qwest email on iPhone. Well, you don’t have to worry at all, you just need to follow the steps given below carefully and add Qwest.net email on your iPhone with ease.
- Go to the Home screen of your iPhone and open the settings menu.
- Then, in the settings menu, you have to locate and tap the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” option.
- In order to add Qwest email, you need to tap the “Add Account” button.
- Scroll down and tap the “Other” option appearing below the list of famous email service providers such as Gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, AOL etc.
- Select “Add Mail Account” and enter the following info regarding your Qwest email account.
- Name: Enter your name (You should enter your correct name because the name that you will enter here will appear in the “From” field of your sent emails”
- Email: Type your Qwest Email address,
- Password: Enter your Qwest email password.
- Description: Just type “Qwest”. Alternatively, you can also enter any other short description as per your choice.
- After that, you have to select the “POP3” option from the top of the screen and then you need to scroll down to enter the following information under “incoming mail server”.
- Incoming Mail Server Hostname: pop.mpls.qwest.net
- Username: Enter the Qwest.net username
- Password: Enter the password of your Qwest Email account.
- Once you are done with entering the “Incoming mail server” information, you need to enter the “Outgoing mail server” information as given below:
- Outgoing mail Hostname: pop.mpls.qwest.net
- Username: Enter the username of your Qwest email account.
- Password: Provide the password of your Qwest email.
- Tap on the “save” button after entering the “incoming/ outgoing” mail server information and choose the Qwest email address you just added.
- Now, you have to select the “SMTP” option under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Choose “pop.mpls.qwest.net” under “Primary or Main server” and check that the following is appearing correctly
- SSL: None
- Serverport: 25
- Then, you need to tap on the “Done” button and go back to the previous screen. Here, you should select the “Advanced” option and ensure that the following information is accurate
- SSL: None
- Serverport: pop.mpls.qwest.net
- Finally, you should go back to the last screen again and restart your iPhone in order to finish setup.
Tips and tricks for a flawless configuration
- Some of the steps given in this article can vary as per the iPhone model you are using. That’s why; it is recommended that you keep the user manual of your iPhone handy while setting up Qwest email account.
- You should be extremely careful while entering the settings manually because even a small misplacement of any letter or number can result in an error.
- If you are unable to send/ receive Qwest email on iPhone even after entering the settings then you should take help from the Qwest support.
- The steps in this post are also applicable if you are looking to set up Qwest email on iPad or iPod touch.