Apart from the high-speed internet, PeoplePC communication also offers an email service known as PeoplePC webmail. You can access this service on a computer as well as on a mobile device. If you have an iPhone and looking to access your PeoplePC email on it then you can do it easily. Remember there are two ways by which you can access PeoplePC email on an iPhone. First, by opening PeoplePC email account on Safari browser of your iPhone. Secondly, by adding People PC email on iPhone by IMAP/ POP.
The experience of using PeoplePC email account on safari web browser is not that great as accessing PeoplePC email on the “Mail” app on your iPhone. In this post, we will provide you with the POP3 settings of PeoplePC email and steps to use them in order to set up PeoplePC email on an iPhone.
Link PeoplePC Email account with iPhone?
Please note it is possible to add your PeoplePC email on every version of iPhone including iPhone 6s, iPhone 8, iPhone X. Here are the following things that you should have before starting the configuration process.
- Mobile Data or Wifi Internet connection: While setting up the PeoplePC email account on the iPhone, the information provided by you are verified from the server. That’s why you should check your wifi or Mobile data connection beforehand.
- PeoplePC Email Address: It is quite obvious that you should know the complete email address that you are going to link with your iPhone
- Password of your PeoplePC Email account: Along with the password, you should also know the password of your PeoplePC email. In case you forget PeoplePC password then you should first run PeoplePC password recovery before moving on to add PeoplePC on iPhone.
- PeoplePC Username: PeoplePC username is also necessary in order to link PeoplePC email account with iPhone. Generally, a username is the first part of your PeoplePC email address before the domain name. Let’s take an example; if your email address is [email protected] then your PeoplePC username is “Example”.
POP settings to add PeoplePC email on iPhone
You can check the exact pop settings that you need in order to configure PeoplePC on iPhone in the table given below.
|Incoming server hostname||pop.peoplepc.com|
|SSL (incoming server security)||None|
|Outgoing server hostname||Smtpauth.peoplepc.com|
|Requires sign in (Authentication Requirement)||Yes|
If you are a new iPhone user then you might not know the proper method to install POP settings on iPhone. Well, you need not worry at all if you are a newbie. We have illustrated the simplest steps to set up a PeoplePC Email account on iPhone with details below in this post.
How do I configure PeoplePC Email on an iPhone?
Here are the steps for configuring PeoplePC email on iPhone. Before moving on with the steps you should note that some steps can vary slightly according to the model of iPhone you are using.
- First and foremost, you should pick up your iPhone and open “Settings” in order to add your PeoplePC account.
- Select “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” from the menu that will open after settings.
- Choose “Add Account”.
- PeoplePC settings are not pre-configured on the iPhone. So, you need to select “Other” from the list of email service providers.
- Then, you need to tap the “Add Mail account” button and enter PeoplePC email account information as given below:
- Name: Type in your name
- Email: Provide your PeoplePC email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your PeoplePC email account.
- Description: Type a short description as per your wish or just enter “PeoplePC”.
- Highlight “POP3” from the top of the screen and provide the following information under “Incoming Mail server”.
- Incoming Server Hostname: pop.peoplepc.com
- Username: Your PeoplePC username
- Password: Password of your PeoplePC account
- Just below the incoming mail server, you will find the option to add “Outgoing Mail server” info. Here, you need to enter the following information.
- Outgoing Server Hostname: Smtpauth.peoplepc.com
- Username: username of your PeoplePC account
- Password: PeoplePC email password
- Select “Save” from the top of the screen.
- On the next screen, you need to tap on the PeoplePC email address you just added.
- Now, under the “Outgoing Mail Server” you need to choose “SMTP”.
- After that, you should select “smtpauth.peoplepc.com” as the primary (main) server. Also, ensure that the following info is correct.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 587
- Tap “Done” and move back to the last screen. Here, you need to choose “Advanced” and ensure that the following information is correct.
- SSL: none
- Server port: pop.peoplepc.com
- Finally, you may go back to the previous screen and restart your iPhone.
Important Things to keep in mind while setting up PeoplePC Email on an iPad/ iPhone
- The POP settings discussed in this post are also applicable for iPad, iPod touch along with your iPhone.
- In case any step varies as per the model of your iPhone then you should check the user manual of your iPhone.
- Make sure your internet connection is not interrupted while configuring PeoplePC emails on the iOS device.
- Always verify the information before entering it especially your email address and password.