OptOnline offers a very clean and smooth user-interface for its email users on the web. However, still, there are so many users who prefer to the access their emails through the “Mail” application on iPhone. If you have an OptOnline email account and want to use it on your iPhone then this article is of your significance. IMAP and POP are the protocols that make it possible for the users to access OptOnline email on an iPhone.
It is very easy to set up OptOnline email on iPhone. But, at the same time, you need to be very careful while entering the configuration settings. In this post, we will provide you with the OptOnline email POP3 settings for iPhone and iPad. Additionally, we will also provide you with the complete guidelines to set up your OptOnline email account on an iPhone.
What are the requirements to add OptOnline email on iPhone?
If you have decided to add your OptOnline email account to your iPhone then you will require the following things
- Wifi or Mobile Data connection: When you will enter the settings to add OptOnline on your iPhone, your username and password will be verified from OptOnline server. So, it is important that you are connected to a good internet connection.
- OptOnline Username: Your OptOnline username is that part of your OptOnline email address that precedes the “@” sign.
- Your OptOnline Email address and Password: Apart from the username, you must keep your OptOnline Email id and password handy.
POP3 Mail settings for OptOnline emails on iPhone
Here are the incoming/ outgoing mail server configuration settings for checking OptOnline emails on an iPhone.
|Incoming Server Hostname||mail.optonline.net|
|Incoming Server Port||110|
|Outgoing Server Hostname||smtp.optonline.net|
|Outgoing Server Port||587|
Using the configuration setting given above, you can easily access your OptOnline emails on iPad/ iPhone etc. However, if you don’t know how to use OptOnline email IMAP/ POP configuration on an iPhone then you should check the steps discussed below in this post.
Steps to Configure OptOnline email on iPhone
Let’s go through the steps that you need to follow in order to set up the OptOnline email account on iPhone.
- First of all, you should launch settings app on your iPhone and scroll downward.
- Then find and open the “Mail, contact, calendars” option.
- On the next screen, you should select the “Add Account” option.
- Now, you will find a list of some common email services such as Gmail, Outlook etc. Unfortunately, you will not find the “OptOnline” on the list of email services. So, you should tap the “Other” link appearing right at the bottom of the screen.
- Next, you need to provide the following information regarding your account.
- Name: your name.
- Email: Your OptOnline email address
- Password: The password of your OptOnline Email.
- Description: A short description as per your choice.
- Highlight/ Tap the “POP3” option under “Incoming mail server”. Under the Incoming mail server you are required to enter the information as follows:
- Hostname: mail.optonline.net
- Username: your Optonline username.
- Password: your Optonline email password
- After entering information under Incoming mail server you need to move down to the “Outgoing mail server”. Here you need to type in the following information
- Hostname: optonline.net
- Username: Optonline username
- Password: Optonline email password.
- Tap save and select the OptOnline email address you just entered.
- Move down and select the “SMTP” option. You will find this option available under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Select “smtp.optonline.net” under “main/primary” server and verify the following info.
- SSL: ssl
- Server port: 587
- Now, you can simply tap the “Done” button and go to the last screen.
- Here, you need to select “Advanced” and verify if the following information is correct.
- SSL: None
- Server port: mail.optonline.net
- To conclude the setup process, you just need to restart your iPhone.
To confirm if you are able to access your OptOnline emails on iPhone, you should launch “Mail” app to see your OptOnline emails.
Other Helpful Instructions
- Don’t forget to take a backup of the emails you might have downloaded previously in the “Mail” app of your iPhone. It is important to do this because when you set up a new email account on an iPhone the previously downloaded emails may get vanished.
- Some steps for setting up Optonline emails on iPhone may vary for different models of iPhone. If you don’t know which version of iPhone you are using then you may find it through the “About” option available under “Mail, contact, calendar settings”.
- The steps mentioned in this post are also applicable for iPad and iPod touch users.