Emailing can be fun if you can do it from your mobile in a hassle-free manner. If you have an iPhone along with an email account on Netzero then you can configure them with each other quite easily. IMAP/ POP3 are the protocols which you can use for this purpose. Although the general settings for using Netzero emails on an iPhone remain constant, the steps to configure may vary for different iPhone models.
After you set up Netzero on iPhone, you can read and send Netzero emails on your iPhone through the “Mail” app. In this tutorial, you will get the general IMAP/ POP settings for Netzero email in iPhone. Additionally, we will also provide you with the steps to configure Netzero webmail on iPhone.
Emails settings to set up Netzero emails on iPhone
Customers using iPhone from a long time might have manually entered the email configuration settings before. For such users, the general manual settings for a Netzero email account on iPhone are given below:
|Incoming server hostname||pop.netzero.com|
|SSL (Security) Incoming||None|
|Outgoing server host name||Smtp.netzero.com|
By using these configuration settings, you can access your Netzero emails on iPhone with ease. However, if you are a new user then you might not aware of the procedure to use these settings in order to set up Netzero on iPhone. New users can check the steps discussed below.
How to set up a Netzero email account on iPhone?
An automatic email configuration on iPhone is available for popular email services like Gmail, Yahoo Mail, AOL, Outlook etc. On the other hand, only a manual configuration is possible for Netzero account. The exact steps for setting up a Netzero webmail account depends upon your operating system of iPhone/ iPad. However, the generalized steps are as follows:
- To begin with, you need to open “Settings” from the main menu or home screen of your iPhone.
- Then, scroll down and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Tap on “Add Account”. This will open a list of different email service providers. Here, you need to choose “Other” option available below the name of all the email service providers.
- Tap “Add Mail Account” and fill the following information at the appropriate columns.
- Name: Your name
- Email: your NetZero email address.
- Password: NetZero password.
- Description: Type ‘Netzero”
- After that, you should select the “POP3” protocol under “incoming mail server”. Enter the following info after doing that.
- Hostname: pop.netzero.com
- Username: NetZero username
- Password: Your NetZero password.
- Now, scroll down a bit and enter the following info. under the “Outgoing mail server”
- Hostname: smtp.netzero.com
- Username: enter NetZero username
- Password: Your password of NetZero email account.
- Once you are done with entering the information, you need to tap “save” and choose your Netzero email address that will appear on next screen.
- Scroll downward and tap on “SMTP” under the “Outgoing mail server” option.
- Select “smtp.netzero.com” as the “main/ primary server” and ensure that the following information is present
- SSL: None
- Server port: 25
- Tap “Done” and move back to the last screen. Here, you should tap “Advanced” and verify the following info.
- SSL: none
- Server port: pop.netzero.com
- To conclude the setup process, you may go back to the previous screen and Restart your iPhone/ iPad.
Now, you can check if you are able to access NetZero emails on iPhone by launching “Mail” app on your iPad or iPhone.
Precautions are better than Cure
Incorrect configuration can cause a lot of errors in using a Netzero email account on iPhone. That’s why you should take the following precautionary measures before you set up Netzero account on iPhone.
- Make sure your iPhone is connected to the internet while entering the configuration settings. It is important because your username and password will be verified from the NetZero server.
- If you are unable to send/ receive Netzero emails through iPhone even after completing the setup process then you should refer iPhone user manual.
- If your iPhone asks for a permission to verify your username and password then you should grant the permission by clicking “Yes”.