Thanks to the technological advancement, the users can now easily access their emails using their mobile phones. In order to do so, the user can either opt for POP or IMAP protocol. If you are a Netscape Email user and looking to set up your email account on an iPhone then this tutorial is just for you. You should note that the steps to set up a Netscape email account on iPhone depend upon the operating system (iOS) of your iPhone. However, the IMAP/ POP settings and general procedure remain the same.
In this post, you will find Netscape Mail POP3 settings for iPhone and along with the step by step method to configure Netscape Email on iPhone.
POP settings for using Netscape Email account on iPhone.
Take a look at the POP3 settings you need to enter in order to access Netscape emails on iPhone.
POP3 settings for Netscape email on iPhone
|Incoming mail server host name||pop3.isp.netscape.com|
|SSL incoming (Security)||None|
|Outgoing mail server Host name||smtp.isp.netscape.com|
|Sign-in requirement/ Requires sign in||Yes|
There is no need to worry if you don’t know how to use these POP3 settings in order to set up a Netscape Email account on iPhone. You can find the steps for settings Netscape Email on iPhone using POP3 below in this post.
Before you add Netscape Email on iPhone
Here are a few important things that you must not forget before adding or set up a Netscape email account on your iPhone.
- While you enter POP/IMAP settings on iPhone your username and password will get verified from the server. So, you need to be connected to a smooth internet connection in order to add a Netscape account on iPhone.
- The steps of Netscape Email setup process on different iPhone versions may vary a bit. That’s why you should know which version of iPhone you are using.
- If there is an email account already added to your iPhone then you should take a back up of your downloaded emails. Entering a new email account may delete your previously downloaded emails.
- Keep Your Netscape Email address, username and password handy while following the steps to set up Netscape.net emails on iPhone.
How to configure Netscape Email on iPhone?
The step by step process to set up Netscape Emails on an iPhone is given below:
- At the first step, you need to tap “settings” from your iPhone home screen.
- Then, move down a bit and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- In the “Mail, contacts, calendars” settings, you should tap the “Add account” button.
- Now, the list of popular email services like Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, outlook etc. will appear on your screen. Here, you need to tap on the “other” link available at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap “Add Mail account” button under the mail option.
- On the next screen, you need to provide the following information
- Name: Enter your name
- Email: Provide your Netscape Email address.
- Password: The password of your Netscape Email account.
- Description: Write a small description of as per your choice.
- After entering the account information, you need to highlight the “POP” tab
- Enter the information given below under the “Incoming Mail Server”.
- Host Name: isp.netscape.com
- User Name: your Netscape username
- Password: Netscape email password.
- Similarly to the incoming mail server, you need to enter the information under “Outgoing mail server” as well.
- Host Name: smtp.isp.netscape.com
- User Name: Netscape username
- Password: Netscape email password.
- Tap “Save”.
- Now, choose the Netscape Email address you just added.
- Go to the “SMTP” option available under “Outgoing mail server”.
- Then, choose “smtp.isp.netscape.com” under the primary server (main server) and make sure that the following info is appearing
- SSL: none
- Serverport: 25
- Tap the “Done” button and choose “Advanced” from the previous screen. In the advanced option, you need to check the following information
- SSL: none
- Serverport: pop3.isp.netscape.com
- Finally, restart your iPhone in order to finish setup.
Congratulations! You have successfully set up Netscape webmail on your iPhone. You can now check your Netscape email through the “Mail” app on your iPhone.
Sync Netscape Email Folders on iPhone.
Apart from adding Netscape email on iPhone you can also synchronize them using the steps given below.
- Open settings in your iPhone.
- Tap on your Netscape email account under the “Mail, contact, calendars”.
- Tap on your Netscape account one more time.
- Then, tap on the “Advanced” option from the bottom of the screen.
- Select the mail folders you want to synchronize like Drafts, sent, deleted etc.
- Tap on “Account” followed by “Done” to conclude setup.
We hope that this post helps you set up and sync Netscape Email on iPhone. However, if you face any problem then you should check the user manual of your version of iPhone.