Mindspring Email Settings for Iphone
With the help of latest technologies, our mobile phone is no longer a device that only facilitates you to pick and make phone calls. In fact, you can now use it for gaming, accessing your emails, booking flight ticket etc. If you are an iPhone user and looking to access Mindspring (Earthlink) email on iPhone then you can do it ease. You can either access Mindspring (Earthlink) email through the safari browser of iPhone or set it up using the IMAP/ POP settings.
The users who are not sure how to setup Mindspring (Earthlink) email on iPhone should read this tutorial till the end. Here we will illustrate the IMAP/ POP settings to install Mindspring (Earthlink) email on iPhone. In addition to this, we will also provide you the steps to set up a Mindspring (Earthlink) email account on your iPhone with ease.
What are the requirements that you need to fulfill in order to configure Mindspring (Earthlink) email on iPhone?
The process to link Mindspring (Earthlink) email account with iPhone is not that difficult. However, you need to have access to some very important things as given below:
- Your iPhone should be connected to the internet properly. Unstable internet connection can result in a lot of errors and issues. You should also ensure that the airplane mode is not active in iPhone. Turning off airplane mode is necessary because in airplane mode you can‘t connect to the internet.
- To start the configuration, you should know the complete email address and username of your Mindspring (Earthlink) email account. If you don’t remember the password then you should reset it before initiating the configuration process.
- It is recommended to take a back up of your previously saved emails because settings up a new email account on iPhone can clear the emails that are previously saved.
POP3 Settings to connect Mindspring (Earthlink) email on iPhone.
POP settings to set up Mindspring.com (Earthlink) Email on iPhone are described in the table below. If you know how to add an email account on iPhone using POP/ IMAP then you can set up Mindspring email using the settings given in the table below.
|Incoming Mail Server Host Name||Pop.mindspring.com|
|Incoming mail port||995|
|SSL (Incoming Server Security)||Ssl|
|Outgoing Mail Server Host Name||smtpauth.earthlink.net|
|Outgoing Mail Port||587|
|Requires sign-in/ Authentication requirement||Yes|
New users may find it difficult to setup the Mindspring (Earthlink) email account on iPhone just by using the settings mentioned in the above table. Such users can check the steps discussed below.
Steps to add Mindspring (Earthlink) email to iPhone
Here are the steps that you need to follow in order to configure your Mindspring (Earthlink) email account on an iPhone.
- Go to the home screen of your iPhone and tap the gear icon in order to open “Settings”.
- After opening the settings menu, you should locate and open “Mail, Contacts and Calendars”.
- Then, you should tap on the “Add Account” button and select the “Other” option that will appear at the bottom of the list of popular email services.
- Now, you need to tap “Add Mail Account” and enter some necessary details regarding your Mindspring (Earthlink) email account as given below.
- Name: Enter your full name
- Email: Provide your complete Mindspring (Earthlink) email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your Mindspring email.
- Description: In the description, you just need to enter “Mindspring (Earthlink)”
- On the next screen, you need to tap the “POP” button from the top of the page.
- Now, scroll down and enter the information given below under “Incoming Mail Server” option.
- Incoming server Hostname: pop.mindspring.com
- Username: Enter the username of your Mindspring email account.
- Password: Your Mindspring (Earthlink) email password.
- After that, you should enter the following information under the “Outgoing Mail server”.
- Outgoing Server Hostname: smtpauth.earthlink.net
- Username: Here you should enter the username of your Mindspring (Earthlink) email account.
- Password: Enter the password
- Once you are done with entering the server information, you should tap “Save” and choose your Mindspring (Earthlink) email from the next screen.
- Now, you have to select the “SMTP” option that is available under “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Choose “smtpauth.earthlink.net” under the “Main/ Primary” server. Also, ensure that the following information is appearing correctly.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 587
- Tap on the “Done” button and go back to the previous screen. After that, you should check the following information.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 995
- That’s it, You can now conclude the configuration process by restarting your iPhone.
Some Important Tips and Tricks
Here are some tips and other information that you should keep in mind while configuring Mindspring (Earthlink) Email on iPhone in a flawless manner.
- Keep your iPhone user manual with you while starting the configuration process. Doing this is important because some of the steps that we have mentioned in this post can vary according to your iPhone model such as iPhone 6, iPhone 7, iPhone X etc.
- If Mindspring (Earthlink) email not working on iPhone then you should recheck the server information entered by you.
- In order to link Mindspring (Earthlink) email on iPhone perfectly, you should not forget to restart your iPhone.