Mail.com is an exceedingly reliable email service that is known for its unique and secure features. Additionally, it also offers the flexibility of choosing the email address domain. The Mail.com emails are accessible on both computer and smartphone. If you have an iPhone then you can access your Mail.com emails in it quite easily. You can use Safari or other browsers to load the web version of Mail.com. Alternatively, you can also Setup Mail.com email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP protocols.
Setting up Mail.com email on your iPhone using IMAP/ POP is recommended over webmail version because of better functionality. Keep reading this post to know the IMAP/ POP settings for using Mail.com email on an iPhone. Additionally, here you will also find the steps to configure Mail.com on iPhone effortlessly.
Access Mail.com emails on iPhone using IMAP
IMAP is recommended over POP3 because of greater flexibility and security. The IMAP settings you need to install in order to use Mail.com email on iPhone are given below:
|Incoming Server hostname||imap.mail.com|
|Mail.com Incoming server port||993|
|TLS/ SSL required||Yes|
|Outgoing server hostname||Smtp.mail.com|
|Outgoing server port||587|
|Authentication Requirement/ Requires sign in||Yes|
If you don’t know how to use IMAP/ POP settings to access Mail.com email messages on iPhone then you should check the steps mentioned below in this post.
What are the pre-requisites to add Mail.com email account on an iPhone?
Before we check out the step by step process to connect Mail.com email with your iPhone, you should ensure that you have the following things with you.
- com Email Address/ Username: You should have your complete Mail.com email address / username handy before starting Mail.com configuration on iPhone. Username of your account precedes the domain name in an email address. For example – Imagine your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then your username is “abc”.
- com Password: Apart from the email address, you should also know the password of your mail.com email ID. You should run the Mail.com password recovery in case of forgetting the password.
- An uninterrupted internet connection: The information that you will provide will be verified from the server, that’s why it is necessary that you have a smooth internet connection.
Set up Mail.com emails on iPhone
Here are the steps that you may follow in order to link Mail.com emails with iPhone.
- Pick up your iPhone and open “Settings” app from the home screen.
- In the settings menu, you need to open “Mail, Contacts, and calendars”.
- Tap “Add Account” as you are looking to add your Mail.com email account on iPhone. Doing this will open a list of famous email accounts such as Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo on your screen.
- The IMAP/ POP settings of Mail.com are not pre-configured on iPhone. That’s why you should pick “other” option from the bottom of the screen.
- Select “Add mail contact” option and provide the following information regarding your Mail.com email account.
- Name: Enter your full name. (This will be your display name whenever you will send someone an email)
- Email: Enter your Mail.com email address.
- Password: Provide the password of your Mail.com email address
- Description: Type “Mail.com” ( You can also enter another short description as per your choice)
- Select “IMAP” from the top of the page and type the following information under “Incoming mail server”
- com Incoming server Hostname: imap.mail.com
- Username: Enter the username of your mail.com account
- Password: Mail.com email password.
- Just below the incoming mail server, you can see the option to enter “Outgoing mail server” information. Here, you should enter the following information.
- Outgoing Server Hostname: Smtp.mail.com
- Username: Enter the username of your Mail.com email ID
- Password: provide your mail.com password.
- After entering the server information you need to tap “Save”.
- Select “SMTP” option under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Choose “smtp.mail.com” as the main server and ensure that the information given below is displaying correctly.
- SSL: ssl
- Server port: 587
- Select “Done” and then go back to the last screen. Here, you should open the “Advanced” option and ensure that the following information is correctly appearing.
- SSL: ssl
- Server port: mail.com
- To finish the Mail.com iPhone setup you need to go back the previous screen again and restart iPhone.
We should not forget that the procedure to the set up a Mail.com email ID on an iPhone also depends upon your model of iPhone. For instance – the steps to configure Mail.com emails on iPhone 6 can vary slightly from the steps for iPhone X.
Still can’t add Mail.com email account on your iPhone?
If your Mail.com email not working on an iPhone then you should check the instruction given below:
- First of all, check your incoming and outgoing mail server settings. If you can’t send Mail.com email from iPhone then it is quite possible that the problem is due to incorrect SMTP settings.
- Recheck the Mail.com account information you have provided i.e. email address, username and password.
- In case the problem continues then you can also opt for Mail.com POP configuration. The POP3 settings for adding Mail.com email on iPhone are given below.
- Incoming server hostname: pop.mail.com
- Incoming server port: 995
- SSL/ TLS: Yes
- Outgoing server: Smtp.mail.com
- Outgoing port: 587
If Mail.com emails still not working on iPhone then you should report the issue to Mail.com support.