Nowadays, a lot of Internet Service Providers are also providing email accounts to their customer. One such Internet Service Provider is Hughes Communication. It offers an excellent webmail service that has all the necessary features and functions that a typical email service should have. If you have an iPhone and want to use it to access Hughes Direcway email then you can do it effortlessly. The main benefit of being able to access Hughes Direcway Email on iPhone is that you will no longer rely on a computer/ laptop to check your emails.
There are multiple ways to check Hughes Direcway Email on an iPhone. However, for the best user experience and amazing flexibility you should setup Hughes Direcway Email on iPhone using POP/ IMAP protocols. In this post, you will find the process to add Hughes Direcway Email to iPhone along with all necessary details.
How can I Check Hughes Direcway Email on iPhone?
As discussed earlier, there are multiple ways by which you can access Hughes Direcway Email on your iPhone. Here are some imperative things that you should know.
- To check Hughes Direcway webmail on your iPhone, you can simply use the Safari browser of your iPhone and log in to your Hughes Direcway email account.
- Although using the Safari browser in order to check email is very easy, it doesn’t provide you with the best user experience of using Hughes Direcway email.
- To enjoy the best user interface and unmatched functionality, you should set up Hughes Direcway Email account on iPhone using IMAP/ POP protocols.
- After you are done with adding Hughes Direcway webmail to your iPhone, you can check your email effortlessly by opening the “Mail” app.
Precaution before setting up Hughes Direcway email on iPhone
If you are looking to configure Hughes Direcway email on iPhone, you should check the following precautions to connect your iPhone with Hughes Direcway email account effortlessly.
- At first, you should check the mobile data or wifi connection on your iPhone. It is important because the internet connectivity is necessary in order to add a new email account on an iPhone.
- Make sure that you know your correct Hughes Direcway email address as well as username. Generally, the username of an email account is that part of the email address that comes before “@” sign and domain name.
- Knowing the email address and username only is not enough to configure the email account on iPhone. For a proper configuration, you should also know the password of your Hughes Direcway email account.
- Although it is not compulsory, you should keep a backup of the emails that you have previously saved in the “Mail” app. This backup can be vital because many a time, setting up a new account can clear the previously saved emails in the “Mail” app.
POP Settings to Configure Hughes Direcway Email on iPhone
The best way to access your Hughes Direcway Email account on an iPhone is by setting it up using POP/ IMAP. Both POP and IMAP protocols have their own advantages and disadvantages. We have illustrated Hughes Direcway Email POP settings for iPhone in the table given below. You can check the IMAP settings from the official website.
|Incoming mail server hostname||Pop3.direcway.com|
|Incoming mail port||110|
|SSL (Security) Incoming||None|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||smtp.direcway.com|
|Outgoing mail port||25|
|Requires sign-in/ Authentication requirement||Yes|
Steps to set up Hughes Direcway Email on iPhone
The steps that you need to follow in order to link Hughes Direcway Email with iPhone using POP/ IMAP are different for the various models of the iPhone. For example, we can say that the steps to set up a Hughes Direcway email account on iPhone 6 can be different from the steps to configure Hughes Direcway email on iPhone X. Nonetheless, you can still check the general steps given below to Connect Hughes Direcway email with iPhone. You may modify some of the steps as per the model of your iPhone.
- You need to start by opening the settings menu on your iPhone.
- In the settings menu, you should find and open the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars”.
- After that, you should tap on the “Add Account” button that will appear under the “Account” section.
- Now, scroll down and choose “other” option that should appear under the list of popular email accounts like Gmail, Outlook, and Yahoo Mail etc.
- After that, you should choose “Add Mail Account” option and provide the following information regarding your Hughes Direcway Email account.
- Name: Enter your real name or the name you like to be appearing in the “from” field of the emails that you will send.
- Email: Provide your complete Hughes Direcway Email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your Hughes Direcway Email account.
- Description: You can enter any short description as per choice.
- Tap the “Next” button that will appear on the top of the screen.
- Highlight “POP3” from the top of the next screen.
- After that, you need to locate the “Incoming Mail Server” section and provide the following information under this section.
- Incoming Mail Hostname: pop3.direcway.com
- Username: Enter Hughes Direcway Email username
- Password: Enter the password of your Hughes Direcway Email password.
- Just below the incoming mail server, you need to scroll down and enter the following information under “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Outgoing Mail Hostname: smtp.direcway.com
- Username: Provide Hughes Direcway Email username
- Password: Provide the password of your Hughes Direcway Email account.
- Save the server information by tapping the “save” button.
- Choose the Hughes Direcway Email address you have just added on the next screen.
- Now, you need to select the “SMTP” option that is available under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Select “smtp.direcway.com” under the “Primary/ Main” server and ensure that the following information is appearing correctly.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 25
- Then, you should tap “Done” and go back to the previous screen again. Here, you should choose “Advanced” and ensure that the following information is accurate.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 110
- Finally, you should restart your iPhone and conclude the setup.
Recheck the information you have provided if your Hughes Direcway Email not working on iPhone even after following the above-mentioned steps. In case the problem keeps persisting then it is time to contact Hughes Direcway Email customer support.