Excite email is one of the oldest email services. Although this email service has lost its previous charm over the years still there are many users continuing to use their Excite.com email accounts. If you are also using your Excite email ID then you can easily configure your iPhone to access your Excite emails. Setting up Excite Email on iPhone only takes a few moments. However, you need to be very careful while entering the IMAP/ POP settings.
The main benefit of configuring Excite Email account on an iPhone is that you will be to send/ receive Excite email messages through your iPhone. In this article, we will provide you with POP settings to set up Excite Email on iPhone. Additionally, we will explain the step by step procedure to set up Excite Email on iPhone in a most convenient manner.
Pre-requisite to configure Excite Email on iPhone
- Internet Connection: To verify the username and password of your Excite email account it is compulsory that you have a working internet connection. You should check your mobile data or wifi connection before you set up Excite Email on iPhone.
- Excite Email address and Username: Email username and password are also necessary in order to add Excite email on iPhone. Remember username is that part of your Excite Email that proceeds the “@” sign.
- Excite Email password: To verify your account, entering Excite Password is also necessary.
POP3 settings for Excite Email on iPhone
The POP3 settings you need to install in your iPhone in order to use Excite Email account are as follows:
|Incoming Server Host Name||pop3.excite.com|
|Incoming server port||995|
|SSL (security) incoming||SSL|
|Outgoing server Host Name||Smtp.excite.com|
|Outgoing Server port||465|
|Requires sign in||Yes|
How to set up your Excite Email on iPhone?
Here is the step by step procedure to set up an Excite Email on iPhone. Please note that the steps we are going to explain here are to be followed one by one. You should not skip any step otherwise you may face an error message.
- Press the “settings” icon from your iPhone home screen followed by “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”
- Then, tap “add account” button. This will open a list of popular email service providers such as Google, Yahoo, and Outlook etc.
- As Excite email is not present on the list, you need to tap on “other” from the bottom of the list.
- Then press “Add mail account” and provide the following info. regarding your Excite Email account
- Name: Provide your name
- Email: Enter your Excite email address
- Password: you Excite.com email password.
- Description: Just type “Excite” or write any other short description as per your wish.
- Tap on the “Next” button after entering the account information.
- Choose “POP” option and enter the following information under the “Incoming mail server”.
- Host name: pop3.excite.com
- Username: Your Excite username
- Password: password of your Excite email account
- Just below the “Incoming mail server” you will find the option to enter the information regarding “Outgoing mail server”. Here, you need to provide the following info.
- Host name: smtp.excite.com
- Username: username of your excite account
- Password: excite email password.
- After entering the incoming/ outgoing server information, you should tap “Save”.
- Now, you need to select “smtp.excite.com” under the main/ primary server. Also, make sure that the following information is appearing.
- SSL: SSL
- Serverport: 465
- Tap “Done” if the correct information is appearing.
- Then, go back to the previous screen for one more time and select “Advanced”. Here, you need to check the following info.
- SSL: ssl
- Severport: pop3.excite.com
- Finally, restart your iPhone to save changes.
Once you are done with configuring and restarting your iPhone, you may launch “Mail” app in order to check your Excite email on iPhone.
Important Tips and tricks to remember while configuring Excite Email on iPhone
- The procedure to setup Excite Email on iPhone can vary as per your iPhone’s operating system. For example – if you are using an iPhone 5 then the steps to add Excite email can be different from the steps for iPhone 10. For the specific instructions according to your iPhone, you should check the user manual of your iPhone.
- If you have some previously downloaded emails in the “Mail” app of your iPhone then you should take a back up of these emails before configuring new Excite email account. It is very important because setting up a new account may delete the previously saved or downloaded emails.
- If you face any type of problem in receiving/ sending emails after configuring Excite email on iPhone then you should recheck the settings entered. If the problem continues then you should contact Excite email support.