Gone are days when you need to find a computer in order to check your emails. Nowadays, all you need is a mobile phone with internet connectivity and your emails will be at your fingertips. If you have an email account on Earthlink webmail then you can configure it with your iPhone using POP3 and IMAP protocols. Once you are done with setting up Earthlink on your iPhone, you can access your Earthlink emails at any location as long as your iPhone is connected to the internet.
The process to use Earthlink account on iPhone is quite simple. However, you need to set up the account manually. Keep reading this tutorial if you are an Earthlink email user and don’t know how to set it up on an iPhone. Here, we will take you through the step by step procedure to set up an Earthlink Email account on iPad/ iPhone/ iPod touch.
General Instructions to follow before setting up/ using Earthlink on an iPhone
Adding the Earthlink configuration settings on iPhone can be a mess for the new users. That’s why if you are a newbie then you must check out the general precautionary instructions for a smooth Earthlink set up on iPhone as given below.
- Firstly, check the internet connection of your iPhone. Make sure that you have proper internet connectivity on your iPhone while entering the IMAP/ POP settings of Earthlink email. Having a good internet connection is important because you need to verify your Earthlink username and password from the server.
- Please note that if you are currently using another email service on your iPhone then you should take a back up of your downloaded emails. Setting up a new email account can delete the previously downloaded emails in your iPhone.
- Keep your Earthlink username, email address and password handy while configuring your Earthlink.net email account on an iPad/ iPhone.
Earthlink.net Settings for iPhone
If you know how to enter a manual configuration setting in iPhone then you can check the Earthlink.net configuration setting for iPhone in the table given below.
|Incoming server hostname||pop.earthlink.net|
|Outgoing server hostname||smtpauth.earthlink.net|
How to set up and add an Earthlink Email account on iPhone?
Let’s go through the steps that you need to follow in order to set up Earthlink.net account on iPhone. Remember some steps may vary as per the model and operating system of your iPhone. All the steps are progressive in nature so you should not skip them.
- Go the home screen of your iPhone and tap “Settings” icon.
- Scroll down through the settings menu and tap “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Now, to start the configuration process, you need to tap “Add Account”. This will open a list of popular email services including Gmail, Yahoo mail, AOL, outlook email. You need to scroll down through this list and tap “other”.
- After that, tap the “Add Mail account” button.
- Now, enter the following information very carefully.
- Name: Your full name
- Email: Complete Earthlink Email address.
- Password: Your Earthlink Password.
- Description: Type “Earthlink” (you may also enter a short description as per your choice as well).
- After entering the information, it’s time to enter incoming server settings. Tap on the “POP3” option appearing under the “incoming mail server”. Then, enter the information as given below:
- Hostname: pop.earthlink.net
- Username: your Earthlink email address
- Password: your Earthlink email password.
- Enter the information as follows under the “outgoing mail server”. (You need to scroll down a bit in order to find this option)
- Hostname: smtpauth.earthlink.net
- Username: Earthlink username
- Password: Earthlink email password
Note: In some iPhone model, you may find username and password automatically filled under “outgoing mail server”
- Tap on “Save” and move on the next screen. Here, you need to select your Earthlink email id.
- Scroll down towards the “Outgoing mail server” and select the “SMTP” option.
- Choose “smtpauth.earthlink.net.” under the “primary” or “main” server and ensure that the following information is correct.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 587
- Click on the “Done” button and go to the previous screen for one more time. Select “Advanced” and check the following info.
- SSL: SSL
- Server Port: pop.earthlink.net
- To finish the setup, you should go back to the previous screen and restart your iPad/ iPhone/ iPod touch.
- Run “Mail” app on your iPhone in order to check if the settings are working properly.
The steps may vary as per different iPhone variants like iPhone 5, iPhone7, IPhone 8 etc. If you can’t send/receive emails even after setting up your Earthlink email account on iPhone then you may refer the user manual of your IPhone.