Every iPhone comes with a pre-installed “Mail” application. This application makes it easy for you to stay in touch with your business contacts, friends and family by sending and receiving emails. You can set up any email account on iPhone and access it through the “Mail” app. In order to set up Cox Email on iPhone, IPad or iPod touch you need to configure IMAP or POP settings on your device. Once you are done setting up your Cox Email account on iPhone, you will have the facilities to send/ receive Cox Email on iPhone effortlessly.
You can also access Cox webmail on iPhone through the Safari browser as well. However, it is better to add Cox Email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP for better features and functionality. In this post, we will provide you with the IMAP settings to use Cox Email on iPhone. Additionally, we will list the steps to configure Cox Email on your iPhone.
IMAP settings to set up Cox Email on iPhone
IMAP settings are preferred over POP settings because of better synchronization and more flexibility. You can check the Cox Email on iPhone using the IMAP settings given in the table below:
|Incoming Mail server host name||imap.cox.net|
|Incoming Mail Port||993|
|SSL (incoming server security)||SSL|
|Outgoing Mail server host name||smtp.cox.net|
|Outgoing Mail Port||465|
|Sign requirement/ Authentication||Yes|
Regardless of the model of iPhone you are using, the IMAP settings to connect Cox Email with iPhone will remain the same.
Some helpful precautions you should take before adding Cox Email on iPhone
Before we move on to the steps in order to link Cox email to iPhone, here are some precautions that you should keep in mind.
- Make sure your iPhone has uninterrupted internet connectivity. It is very important because in order to set up Cox email on an iPhone, the information provided by you will be verified from the Cox server. Your information will not be verified and the configuration process will come to a halt if the internet connection is interrupted.
- If you can’t remember Cox Email password you should reset it before starting the configuration process.
- Similarly to the password, knowing the complete Cox Email address and username is also necessary in order to configure Cox Email account in an iPhone. The username is the first part of your Cox email account before “@Cox.net”.
- It is also recommended to take a backup of important emails so that you don’t lose them in case of any mistake in configuration.
How to configure Cox Emails on an iPhone?
The users who are wondering how to set up a Cox Email account on iPhone can check the steps mentioned below:
- First of all, you should open the “Settings” app from the home screen of your iPhone.
- Select “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” from the settings menu on your iPhone.
- On the next screen, you should select the “Add Account” option. This will open a list of some of the most popular email services such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, AOL etc.
- Unfortunately, Cox Email is not on the list. So, you have to tap “Other” option from the bottom of the screen.
- After that, you should Tap on the “Add Mail Account” button and provide some information about your Cox email account as given below:
- Name: Enter your correct name (Entering the correct name is important because the name you will enter here will display in the “from” field of the emails that you will send)
- Email: Enter the full Cox Email address
- Password: Provide the password of your Cox Email account
- Description: Enter “Cox” or any other description as per your wish.
- Press the “next” button from the top corner after entering all the information.
- On the next screen, you need to highlight “IMAP” from the top of the page and type in the following information under the “Incoming mail server”
- Incoming mail server hostname: imap.cox.net
- Username: Enter the Cox email address without “@cox.net”
- Password: Enter the email address of your Cox email account.
- After entering the incoming mail server, you should provide the following information under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Outgoing mail server hostname: smtp.cox.net
- Username: Provide your Cox email address
- Password: Enter your Cox email password.
- You should tap “Save” after entering all these information and choose your Cox email address on the next screen.
- Scroll down and select the “SMTP” option under the outgoing mail server.
- Choose smtp.cox.net under the main/ primary server and confirm that the following information appeared
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 465
- After that, you should press the “Done” and go back to the last screen. Here, you should select the “Advanced” option and make sure that the information given below is accurate.
- SSL: ssl
- Server port: imap.cox.net
- Finally, you can conclude the configuration by restarting your iPhone.
Note: Some of the steps we have discussed in this post can vary according to the different models of iPhone such as iPhone 6s, iPhone X etc.
Cox Email not working on iPhone
If you can‘t access Cox Email on iPhone even after setting it up using IMAP/POP then you should follow the steps given below:
- Firstly, you should check the iPhone network connection and make sure you are connected to the internet.
- Make sure you have provided the right email address, username and password of your cox email account.
- Close the “Mail” app on your iPhone and restart it once again. Remember closing Mail app is different from exiting.
- Recheck the Cox Email settings (IMAP/ POP) you have entered in your iPhone.
- Restart your iPhone and launch Cox Email on iPhone once again.
In case the problem continues even after following all the steps then you should take help from Cox Email support or Apple Support.