In addition to an exemplary voice and data communication service, Covad communication also provides a stupendous webmail service. You can access your Covad email account either using a web browser or by setting it up on your smartphone. The users can setup Covad email on iPhone with ease. All they have to do is provide the correct IMAP/ POP settings. Although the process is quite easy, you can face a lot of errors even if you make a small mistake during the configuration.
If you are an iPhone user and wondering how to configure Covad email on iPhone then this post can help you significantly. Here, you can check the Covad mail IMAP/ POP settings for iPhone along with the steps to add it to your iPhone effortlessly.
How to access Covad mail email on iPhone?
Setting up Covad mail on iPhone using IMAP/ POP protocols is not the only option by which you can send & receive Covad email on iPhone. Here are some important things that you should know about accessing Covad mail emails on an iPhone.
- You can simply check your Covad webmail account by visiting the Covad mail login page i.e. webmail.covad.net through the Safari browser of iPhone.
- You can check Covad mail email on safari browser easily but the user experience is not that great. So, it is better to set up Covad email on your iPhone to enjoy the best user experience.
- The users can either opt for IMAP or POP settings for the Covad mail iPhone configuration. Both IMAP and POP protocols have their own merits and demerit. If you use email on multiple devices then you should opt for IMAP. In case you are going to use your Covad email account only on your iPhone then you may opt for POP configuration.
- After connecting Covad email account to iPhone, you can check your emails through the “Mail” app of iPhone.
What are the requirements to configure Covad mail emails on an iPhone?
In order to link Covad email account with iPhone, you need the following things.
- Internet Connection: The most important thing in order to link a Covad email address with iPhone is the Internet connection. Make sure your iPhone/ iPad has good internet connectivity. Additionally, you should also confirm that your iPhone is not on the airplane mode.
- Covad mail email address/ username: In order to add your account it is important that you know your email address and username. Username is that part of your email address that comes before the “@” sign and domain name.
- Covad mail password: In addition to the username, the password of your Covad mail email account is also a pre-requisite for the configuration. Reset your Covad email password first before starting the configuration process if you can’t remember the password.
Note: It is also recommended to take a back up of previously saved emails. However, doing so is not mandatory.
Covad mail email settings for iPhone
Here are the POP settings that you should install on your iPhone in order to add Covad email account.
|Incoming mail server||Pop3.cova.net|
|Incoming mail port||110|
|SSL (incoming server security)||None|
|Outgoing mail server||Smtp.covad.net|
|Outgoing mail port||25|
|Requires sign-in/ Authentication requirement||Yes|
Step to setup a Covad Mail email account on your iPhone
The exact steps that you need to follow depend upon the version of iPhone you are using. For example – The procedure to add Covad mail email to iPhone 7 can vary from the process to add Covad mail email account to iPhone X. Nevertheless, you can check the general steps given below, you can modify some steps as per the version of your iPhone.
- Go to the settings options from the home screen of your iPhone.
- After opening the settings menu, you need to find and open the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” settings.
- Choose the “Add Account” option that will be appearing under the “Accounts” section.
- A list of popular email account should be appearing on your screen. The Covad mail email is not available on the list so you should scroll down and tap “Other”.
- Tap the “Add Mail Account” button and provide the following information regarding your Covad email account.
- Name: Enter your name
- Email: Provide your Covad mail email address
- Password: Enter Covad mail password.
- Description: Enter the password of your Covad mail email.
- Tap on the “Next” button and select the “POP” option from the top of the screen.
- In the next step, you need to provide the “Incoming Mail Server” information as given below:
- Incoming Mail Hostname: pop3.covad.net
- Username: Enter Covad mail username
- Password: Provide the Covad mail password.
- Then, you should enter the “Outgoing Mail Server” information as follows:
- Outgoing Mail Hostname: smtp.covad.net
- Username: Provide the username of Covad mail account.
- Password: Enter Covad mail password as given below.
- Save the server information and select your Covad email account on the next screen.
- Now, in the next step, you should scroll down and choose “SMTP” under the “Outgoing mail server”
- Then, under the main server, you should select “smtp.covad.net” and ensure that the following information is appearing.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 25
- Tap on the “Done” and move back to the last screen. On this screen, you should choose “Advanced” ensure that the following information is accurate.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 110
- Again, you may go back to the last screen and restart your iPhone in order to finish the setup.
You can follow the above-mentioned steps in order to set up Covad mail email on iPad or iPod touch as well.
In case your Covad mail email not working on iPhone then you should recheck the settings you have entered. If the problem continues then you should contact Covad mail customer service.