It is a swift process to setup your Compuserve email account on an iPhone if you are using famous email services like Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo etc. However, you may find it a bit difficult to configure your iPhone while using not so popular email services like CompuServe Classis. In order to set up CompuServe Classis email on iPhone, you need to configure POP/ IMAP settings on your device manually. This can be quite tricky because even small negligence can result in errors and issues.
If you are a CompuServe email user and wondering how to set up CompuServe Classis email account on iPhone then this article is just for you. Here, you can find the step by step process to configure Classis email on iPhone effortlessly.
General Precautions in order to add CompuServe Classis email on iPhone
Once you are done with setting up CompuServe Classis email, you will be able to send and receive CompuServe Classis email on an iPhone with ease. However, there are some necessary precautions that you should take before starting the configuration process.
- If you have added an email account previously on your iPhone and have some saved emails in “Mail” application then you should take a backup of saved emails. It is important to take a back up of these emails because setting up a new email account can clear the previously saved emails.
- Make sure that your iPhone/ iPad is connected to the Internet. In order to check if you are connected to wifi or Mobile data connection, you should open a webpage in the Safari browser of your iPhone.
- Ensure that you have the CompuServe Classis email and username with you before starting the configuration setup.
- In addition to the username, you should also have the password of your CompuServe Classis email.
POP3 Settings to link CompuServe Classis email with an iPhone
If you have already set an email account manually on your iPhone then you might know how to use POP3 settings. The POP3 settings in order to access CompuServe Classis email on iPhone are illustrated in the table given below:
|Incoming mail server hostname||pop.compuserve.com|
|Incoming mail port||110|
|SSL (Incoming Server Security)||None|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||smtp.compuserve.com|
|Require Sign-in/ Authentication required||Yes|
Steps to set up a CompuServe Email account on an iPhone
Here are the steps that you should follow very carefully in order to connect CompuServe Email with your iPhone.
- Open “Settings” app that is appearing at the home screen of your iPhone.
- After that, you should open the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars” from the menu that will open.
- Then, you should select the “Add Account” setting that is available right at the bottom of the Accounts section.
- Now, the list of some popular email service providers such as Outlook, Gmail, and Yahoo etc. will appear on your screen. You need to scroll down and select “other” because you will not find the CompuServe email on the list.
- Tap the “Add mail account” button and provide the following information related to your CompuServe Email account.
- Name: Enter your Name
- Email: Provide your complete CompuServe email address.
- Password: Enter the password you use to access CompuServe Email account.
- Description: Type “CompuServe” or any other short description as per your choice.
- Then, you need to tap the “Next” button available at the top-right corner of the screen.
- On the next page, you should highlight “POP” from the top and enter the following information under “Incoming Mail server”.
- Incoming Mail Server Hostname: pop.compuserve.com
- Username: Your CompuServe Classis username
- Password: Enter the password of your CompuServe Classis email account.
- Move down and enter the information given below under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Outgoing Mail Server Hostname: smtp.compuserve.com
- Username: Enter your CompuServe email address.
- Password: Enter the CompuServe email password.
- Then, you need to tap save and choose your CompuServe email on the next screen.
- Select the “SMTP” option under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Choose “smtp.compuserve.com” under the “main/ primary” server and ensure that the information given below has appeared.
- SSL: none
- Server port: 25
- Select “Done” and go back to the previous screen once again. Here, you should select “Advanced” and ensure that the following information is accurate.
- SSL: none
- Server port: pop.compuserve.com
- Finally, in order to conclude the setup, you should go back to the previous screen and restart the iPhone.
Other Important points to remember
You should be able to configure CompuServe Classis email on iPhone by following the steps discussed in this post. However, there are some important points that you should remember while you setup CompuServe Classic email on your iPhone.
- Some of the steps discussed in this post can vary for the different models of iPhone.
- If you face any error message or you are unable to send/ receive CompuServe email on iPhone then you should recheck the server information you have added.
- Sometimes, you may face some errors due to a server outage. In such cases, you should try to set up the CompuServe Classis email on iPhone after some time.
- You can also follow the steps given in this tutorial if you are looking to set up CompuServe Classis email on iPad/ iPod touch.