There are multiple ways by which you can check Comcast emails on iPhone with ease. You can simply visit Comcast email website using the Safari browser or you may download Xfinity Connect app to access Comcast emails. Additionally, you can also experience the finest functionality and features of Comcast email by setting it up using IMAP or POP protocol. The benefit of using IMAP/ POP to add Comcast email on iPhone is that you will get better synchronization and flexibility.
This tutorial is intended to help those users who are looking to add their Comcast email account on an iPhone. Here, we will discuss how to set up Comcast email on iPhone using POP/ IMAP. Additionally, we will also illustrate different other methods to use Comcast email on an iPhone.
How to access Comcast emails on iPhone using Xfinity Connect App?
Here the steps by which you can use Xfinity Connect app on iPhone in order to check Comcast emails.
- Firstly, you should open the “App Store” and type “Xfinity Connect App” in the search box.
- Tap on the “Free” button followed by “Install App”,
- Then, you will have to enter your “Apple ID”.
- After installation, you should enter your Comcast email address and password in the login window.
- Tap “Sign in” in order to access your Comcast emails.
Using this app, you can send or receive Comcast emails on iPhone comfortably.
Configure Comcast email account on iPhone automatically
Apart from the Xfinity Connect app, you can also opt for IMAP settings in order to connect Comcast email with iPhone. Here are the steps that you need to follow to configure Comcast email on iPhone automatically with IMAP.
- First of all, you need to tap “Mail” client on your iPhone.
- Then on the “Welcome to Mail” screen, you should tap “Other”.
- Now, on the “New Account” screen, you should enter the Comcast email login credentials and tap “next”.
- After that, the information provided by you will be verified. If the login credentials entered by you are correct then Comcast.net email will configure on iPhone automatically.
- By default, the Comcast will get configured as IMAP.
That’s it, now you can check your Comcast email through the “Mail” app on your iPhone straight away.
POP3 manual settings to add Comcast email on iPhone
Sometimes, you may face difficulties in using Comcast email on iPhone via IMAP protocols. In such cases, you can configure Comcast emails manually using POP3 settings mentioned in the table below:
|Incoming mail server||mail.comcast.net|
|Incoming mail port||993|
|Outgoing mail server||smtp.comcast.net|
|Outgoing mail port||587|
Steps to Set up Comcast email on your iPhone
If you haven’t manually added an email account on iPhone previously using POP then you can check the steps given below:
- To initiate the configuration process, you should open settings in your iPhone.
- Then select “Mail, contacts and calendar” settings from the menu that will open.
- After that, you have to tap the “Add Account” button as you are looking to Add Comcast email account on your iPhone.
- Now, you will see a list of some famous email service providers such as Outlook, Gmail, Yahoo etc. Unfortunately, the Comcast email is not available in this list. So, you have to tap the “Other” button.
- Touch the “Add Mail Account” button and carefully enter the information given below:
- Name: Provide your name (We recommend you to provide your real name because it will appear in the “From” field of your outgoing emails)
- Email: Enter your Comcast email address.
- Password: Enter the password of your Comcast email account.
- Description: Here you can type any short description as per your wish.
- Make sure “POP3” is highlighted from the top of the page and enter the following information under the “Incoming mail server”.
- Incoming mail host name: mail.comcast.net
- Username: Enter your Comcast email address
- Password: Enter your Comcast email account password.
- Tap the “save” option and choose your Comcast email address on the next page.
- Now, you need to scroll down and choose the “SMTP” option under “Outgoing mail server”.
- Select “Smtp.comcast.net” under the “Primary/ Main Server” and ensure that the information given below is displaying correctly.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 587
- Press the “Done” and go back to the last screen. Here, you should ensure that the information mentioned below is correct
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: mail.comcast.net
- Finally, you may go back to the last screen once again and restart iPhone in order to finish Comcast email iPhone setup.
Note: Some of the steps that we have mentioned may vary slightly according to the different models of iPhone like iPhone 6, iPhone X etc.
Other Helpful Tips and Tricks
Here are some very useful tips that can help you link Comcast email with iPhone easily.
- Your iPhone should be connected to a wifi or mobile internet connection while following the steps we have discussed in this post.
- If you want to use Comcast email web version on your iPhone then you can simply visit m.comcast.net from your safari browser. Please note that you don’t have to make any configuration changes while accessing Comcast webmail on iPhone though the Safari browser.
- It is recommended that you go for the IMAP settings in order to set up Comcast Email on iPhone. You should opt for POP only if you access your email only from a single particular device.
- Don’t forget to take a back up of your important emails before making any drastic changes to your iPhone settings.
- In case Comcast not sending or receiving emails on iPhone then you should recheck the server settings you have added during the configuration.