Over the period of time, the methods to send and receive an email have changed quite a lot. You no longer need a computer or a laptop to access your email account. Now, you can easily check and send emails through your smartphone. If you are a Clearwire Email user then you can set up your Clearwire Email account on iPhone to check and send emails quite easily.
It is very easy to set up Clearwire Email on iPhone using POP/ IMAP. All you need to do is install the Clearwire Email IMAP/POP settings on your iPhone. However, doing this can be tricky if you haven’t manually set up an email account on iPhone previously. Nevertheless, you can follow the steps mentioned in this post and configure Clearwire Email on iPhone with ease.
Clearwire Email IMAP settings for iPhone
The IMAP configuration settings for Clearwire Email are given in the table below. If you know how to set up an email account on iPhone using IMAP then you can use the settings given in this table. Otherwise, you can move to the steps given below in this post.
|Incoming Server host name||imap.gmail.com|
|Incoming server port||993|
|SSL (incoming server security)||SSL|
|Outgoing Server host name||smtp.gmail.com|
|Outgoing server port||587|
Things to check before you add Clearwire Email on iPhone
Here are a few things that you need to take care before moving on to the step to access your Clearwire Email on iPhone using IMAP.
- Check and ensure that you have stable internet connectivity in your iPhone. So, you should check your wifi or mobile data connection. Internet connectivity is very necessary because the information you provide while setting up Clearwire on iPhone is verified from the server. That’s why, if you are not connected to the internet then the setup will not complete.
- If you have downloaded some emails in your mail app on iPhone previously then you should take a backup of those downloaded emails. Doing this is recommended because configuring a new Clearwire Email account on iPhone can delete the previously downloaded emails.
- Keep your Clearwire Email ID, username and password with you before starting the configuration process. All these information will be required while setting up your Clearwire Email IMAP account on iPhone.
How can I access Clearwire Email on an iPhone?
The steps to set up a Clearwire Email account on an iPhone are given below. You should follow these instructions very carefully without skipping any step.
- Pick up your iPhone and go to the home screen.
- Choose “Settings” from the home screen.
- Scroll down a bit and tap on the “Passwords and Accounts” option.
- Press the “Add Account” button available under the “Accounts”.
- Now, a list of popular email service providers such as Google, AOL, Yahoo, Outlook etc. will appear on your screen. Because “Clearwire” is not available on the list, you should press “other” from the bottom of the list.
- Then, you need to select “Add Mail Account” option available at the top of the screen.
- Provide the following information related to your new Clearwire account and tap “Next”.
- Name: Enter your name
- Email: Provide your Clearwire email address.
- Password: Enter your password of Clearwire email account.
- Description: Write a short description as per your choice.
- After that, you need to highlight “IMAP” from the top of the window and verify your name, email and description.
- Then, you should enter the Clearwire “Incoming mail server” information as follows
- Incoming Server Host Name: imap.gmail.com
- User Name: enter your Clearwire email address
- Password: provide the password of your Clearwire email account.
- Just below the incoming mail server, you will find the option to enter the option to enter “Outgoing mail server” information. Here, you need to enter the following info.
- Host Name: smtp.gmail.com
- User Name: Your Clearwire email
- Password: Clearwire Password
- Tap on “Next” from the top right corner of the window.
- Now, the information provided by you will be verified, after verification, you have to tap “Save” from the top.
- Tap on the Clearwire email address you just added under the “Accounts” option.
- Next, you should tap on the “SMTP” option under “Outgoing Mail server”.
- Choose “smtp.gmail.com” as your primary server.
- Make sure to turn on “Use SSL” option and enter “587” under the “Server Port”.
- Tap “Done” from the top of the screen and go back to the previous screen by pressing “Account”.
- Open “Advanced” tab and ensure “Use SSL” option is active and enter “993” under “Server port”.
- Finally, Tap “Account” followed by “Done”.
Now, your Clearwire Email account is ready to use on your iPhone. You can open the “Mail” app in order to check your Clearwire Emails.
Note: The steps we have discussed here are for using Clearwire Email on iPhone 6s. If you are using any other version of iPhone then you should check the user manual of your iPhone.