Being able to access your email on your smartphone can make professional communication a lot easier. If you are an Insight Broadband email user then you can set up your email account on iPhone with ease. By doing so, all your important business emails will be at your fingertips. You can easily access Insight Broadband emails on Safari browser of your iPhone. However, it is a smart idea to set up Insight Broadband email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP protocols for better user-interface and functionality.
In this tutorial, you can check the POP3 settings to add Insight Broadband email on iPhone. There is no need to worry if you don’t know how to configure Insight Broadband email on iPhone using IMAP/ POP. Here, we will take you through the step by step procedure to set up an Insight Broadband email account on an iPhone.
POP3 settings to connect Insight Broadband email setup on iPhone
The post office protocol (POP) setting to configure Insight Broadband webmail on an iPhone is summarized in the table below.
|Incoming mail server hostname||mail.insightbb.com|
|Incoming server port||995|
|SSL (Incoming server security)||SSL|
|Outgoing mail server hostname||mail.insightbb.com|
|Authentication required/ sign-in required||Yes|
You should be able to send and receive Insight Broadband email on iPhone once you are done with entering these settings on your iPhone.
Prerequisites to add Insight Broadband email account on an iPhone
Before we move on to discuss the steps to link insight Broadband email with your iPhone using IMAP/ POP, you should make sure that you have access to the following things.
Insight Broadband email address and username: You should know your complete email address in order to add it on your iPhone using the IMAP/ POP settings. Along with the email address, you will also need to enter the username of your Insight Broadband email address. The username is that part of your email address that precedes the “@” sign. For instance, let’s suppose your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org then it means your username is “john”.
Insight Broadband Password: You will be able to check Insight Broadband email on iPhone only if you know the correct password. In case you forget your Insight Broadband password then you should reset it before starting the configuration on iPhone.
Internet Connectivity: The information that you will provide while configuring Insight Broadband email on iPhone requires internet connectivity in order to get verified. So, you should check and ensure that your iPhone is connected to the wifi or mobile internet connection. Also, make sure that your iPhone is not on airplane mode. You should turn off Airplane mode if it is on.
Configure Insight Broadband webmail on iPhone
The step by step procedure to set up your Insight Broadband email account on an iPhone is given below:
- To start the configuration, you need to open the “settings” app from your iPhone’s home screen.
- In the settings menu, you should scroll down and select the “Mail, Contacts and Calendars”.
- As you are looking to add Insight Broadband email account, you need to touch the “Add account” option.
- A list of most popular email accounts will appear on your screen. Here, you should select the “Other” option because you will not found Insight Broadband on the list.
- After that, you should select “Add Mail account” option and enter the following information regarding your Insight Broadband email account.
- Name: Enter your Name (Remember the name that you will enter here will appear in the “from” field of the emails that you will send)
- Email: Enter your complete Insight broadband email address.
- Password: Type in your Insight Broadband password.
- Description: Type “Insight Broadband”.
Note: You can also enter any other short description as per your choice.
- Tap “Next” and Highlight “POP3” from the top of your screen.
- Enter the information given below under the “incoming mail server”
- Incoming mail server Hostname: mail.insightbb.com
- Username: Your Insight Broadband username (first part of your insight broadband email address)
- Password: Enter the password of your Insight broadband email account.
- Then, you need to move down and feed the following information under the “Outgoing mail server” option.
- Outgoing mail server hostname: mail.insightbb.com
- Username: Enter your Insight Broadband username
- Password: Provide the Insight broadband password again.
- Once you are done with entering the Incoming/ Outgoing mail server settings, you should tap “save” and select your insight broadband email address on the next screen.
- Select “SMTP” option under the “Outgoing Mail Server”.
- Choose “mail.insightbb.com” option under the Primary or main server. Also, make sure that the following information is appearing on your screen.
- SSL: ssl
- Serverport: 465
- Now, you should tap the “Done” button and go back to the previous screen. Here you should confirm that the following information is correct
- SSL: SSL
- Serverport: mail.insightbb.com
- Finally, you should go back and restart your iPhone to conclude the setup.
Now, you can check the configuration by opening the “mail” app. You should now able to send/ receive Insight broadband email through the “Mail” app.
Important points to remember while to you set up insightbb.com email on iPhone
- Don’t forget some of the steps we have discussed here can vary as per different models of iPhone. For example – if you want to configure Insight Broadband emails on iPhone 6 then some of the steps you need to follow can vary from the steps applicable for iPhone X.
- It is recommended that you take a backup of the emails saved in the “Mail” application before setting up a new email account.
- In case Insight Broadband email not working on iPhone then you should recheck the incoming/ outgoing server information you have added.