Internet America is a popular internet service provider that also offers a webmail service known as Airtmail.net or Internet America email. You can access your Internet America email account on the web as well as on your iPhone. As far as iPhone is concerned, you can access the airmail.net email either via safari browser or via “Mail” app for iPhone. Receiving and sending airmail.net email on iPhone using safari browser is very easy. However, the experience and features are not that great as compared to using Internet America Email account on iPhone via “mail” app.
“Mail” is the dedicated app for emailing on iPhone and it works really well with Airmail.net email account. Through this post, you can not only check the IMAP/ POP settings to configure Airmail.net on iPhone but you can also follow the complete process to set up Internet America email on iPhone.
What are the requirements to set up Airmail.net email on iPhone?
Make sure you have the following things handy while setting up Airmail.net emails on iPhone.
- Your Airmail.net email address
- net username.
- Password of your Airmail.net (Internet America) email account.
- Fast wifi or mobile Internet connection.
Airmail.net (Internet America) IMAP settings for iPhone
Here are the IMAP settings that you need to install in your iPhone so that you can access Airmail.net emails on your iPhone.
|POP / IMAP||IMAP|
|Incoming Mail server Hostname||imap.airmail.net|
|Incoming server port||143|
|SSL/ Incoming server security||None|
|Outgoing mail server hostname.||smtp.airmail.net|
|Outgoing server port||587|
|Requires sign in||Yes|
No need to worry if you don’t know how to use these settings in order to set up Airmail.net email on iPhone. You just need to follow the steps given below in this post.
How to set up Airmail.net or Internet America email on your iPhone?
The steps you need to follow in order to add Airmail.net (Internet America) email on iPhone are as follows:
- Run “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and choose “Mail, Contacts, Calendars”.
- Tap on the “Add Account” option available under the “Mail, Contacts, Calendars” setting.
- Now, a list of email service providers such as Google, Yahoo, AOL, Outlook etc. will appear on your screen. Here, you need to tap “Other” from the bottom of the list because Airmail.net settings are not preconfigured in iPhone.
- After that, you have to tap “Add Mail Account” button available under the “Mail” option.
- Now, to set up a new mail account, you need to provide the following information
- Name: Enter your name (The name you will enter here will display in the “from” field of your sent emails.
- Email: Provide your Airmail.net email address.
- Password: Enter your Airmail.net (Internet America) email password.
- Description: Write a short description as per your choice or simply type “Internet America”.
- Then, at the top of the screen, you will find POP/ IMAP tabs. Here, you need to select “IMAP”.
- Now, enter the Incoming Mail server settings/ information as follows:
- Incoming Server Host Name: imap.airmail.net
- Username: your Airmail.net email username (first part of the email address).
- Password: your Airmail.net (Internet America) password.
- Just below the Incoming Mail server, you can find the option to enter Outgoing Mail server information. Outgoing mail server info. for Airmail.net (Internet America) are as follows:
- Outgoing server Host Name: smtp.airmail.net
- User name: Airmail.net (Internet America) username
- Password: Airmail.net (Internet America) password
- Once you are done with providing Incoming/ Outgoing server information, you need to tap “save”.
- Choose your Airmail.net email address on the next screen.
- Then, choose the “SMTP” option available under the “Outgoing mail server”.
- Make sure “smtp.airmail.net” is selected as the main server and verify the following info.
- SSL: SSL
- Server port: 587
- Press “Done” and move back to the previous screen. Here, you need to open the “Advanced” tab and ensure that the following information is correctly appearing
- SSL: none
- Server port: imap.airmail.net
- Finally, restart your smartphone to save the changes.
You can now launch the “Mail” app in your iPhone and check your Airmail.net emails.
Other Important Guidelines
- In this post, we have discussed general steps for adding Airmail.net emails on iPhone. However, some of the steps may vary according to the model and Operating system of your iPhone. For example – If you are using iPhone 10 then steps you need to follow in different from some steps applicable for iPhone 5.
- Adding a new email account in “mail” app can delete the previously downloaded emails. That’s why you should take a backup of previously downloaded emails before setting up Airmail.net email account.
- If you face problems in receiving/ sending emails even after configuring Airmail.net (Internet America) email in iPhone then you should re-check server hostname and port.