Cablevision Email Settings for Android Phone
It can be bit of tedious for the users to open their email on computer or laptop every time to check their emails. Cablevision users often seem to get confused with the email settings. You cannot take your computer everywhere to access your Cablevision email. Therefore, it is important for you to configure Cablevision email on your android device so that you can use emails services hassle-free and conveniently.
You can change the configuration very easily with the help of POP account settings. In case you have incorrectly configured Cablevision email and are now facing problem in sending and receiving email, then this article will help you in re-configuring the same settings correctly. Simply follow the step by step procedure given in the post and you’ll be good to go.
Email configuration for Cablevision email
The basic server settings for connecting Cablevision email with your Android mobile phone are presented in the table given. You need to check that the fields are set as per the information given below-
Things to know for Cablevision email setup on Android
Before we explain the settings for configuring Cablevision email on your mobile phone, there are certain things that you must follow to complete the setup correctly. Here are some important reminders for adding Cablevision email in Android mobile-
- You must ensure that your device is connected to the internet and is getting a stable speed. Turn of the airplane mode as the settings cannot be done if your phone is not connected to the internet by wifi or mobile data.
- You must remember the username and password in order to connect Cablevision with your android Smartphone.
- Always keep a backup of your emails just in case something goes wrong or you miss some steps by mistake. Incorrect configuration can cause all sorts of issues with the email.
- The settings can be applied using both the IMAP and POP account. But, for more flexibility and easy access to the emails, you should ideally opt for POP settings to add Cablevision email on android devices.
- Do not forget to restart your phone once the settings are applied. By restarting the device, the changes you’ve made in the settings will get implemented successfully.
How to add Cablevision email on Android Smartphone
The email configuration can vary according to the type, manufacturer and model of the Android phone you possess. However, there are only certain minor differences in the process. You need to proceed for the configuration accordingly. It is recommended by Optonline that you access your email via the web access on your phone browser. Here’s how to set up Cablevision email on an Android device-
With the help of web browser (automatic settings)
- Go to the official website of Cablevision i.e. optimum.net using your mobile phone’s Web browser.
- You will automatically be redirected to the homepage of optimum email.
- You need to follow the steps listed below to setup your Optonline / Optimum email account.
- Open the “Apps Image” and select the “settings” tab to add your email account.
- Click on the “+add account” option and then tap the “email” one.
- You will be asked to provide your username and password which you use to login into Cablevision email account.
- Your Cablevision email will be set up on your android phone.
- In case the automatic settings do not work for you then you need to enter your email address and password and touch the “manual setup” option to connect Optonline email with your phone.
Manual Cablevision email setup on android
Here are the steps you need to perform to link Cablevision email with android phone-
- Go to the mail app on your phone and tap on the settings gear icon.
- Tap on the “add account” button on the screen.
- Choose the “POP” option to add a new email account.
- Enter your email address and password and select the “manual settings” option.
- You need to provide the information in the given fields for incoming email server as mentioned below-
- Username: Provide your Cablevision email address
- Server type: POP3
- Password: Enter the password of Optonline email account
- Incoming port: Set this value to 110
- Incoming server:optonline.net or mail.optimum.net
- SSL required: select none to disable the security feature.
- Touch the “next” button to jump to the outgoing settings for the server.
- Enter the following details in the outgoing email server settings-
- Username: Enter the concerned username with which you sign-in into Optonline email.
- Password: Enter the password.
- Outgoing port: Set this value to 587
- Outgoing server:optonline.net or smtp.optimum.net
- Sign-in (authentication) required: Place a checkmark across this option to enable authentication.
- Hit the “next” button to finish the set up.
Congratulations! You have now successfully installed Cablevision email on your Android. In case you face any trouble in sending or receiving emails then you can contact the optonline customer support for more help and assistance. The support staff will give you the directions on how to troubleshoot the incorrect configuration of Cablevision mail.