Compuserve Classic Email Settings for Android Phone
CompuServe Classic email users often get confused with the set up of CompuServe email account on their android phone. The setup process of CompuServe Classic email is relatively easier than the one done on the computer. All it requires is certain changes in the server and you can easily access your emails on android phone. No need to turn on the computer every time to check your emails. With CompuServe set up on your phone, you can send and receive emails to anyone conveniently.
If you are facing problem-related to CompuServe email due to the incorrect configuration, then you should go through the post for complete solution. This article will help you in learning about the process on how to configure the settings to use CompuServe Classic email on your android Smartphone. You can configure CompuServe using either IMAP or POP settings. But for better flexibility and feature, POP is recommended.
Email settings for CompuServe Classic
CompuServe set up on android phone can be done quite easily. All you need to do is make sure that the server settings are followed as per the information given in the table.
|Incoming server||pop.compuserve.com/ pop.csi.com|
|Outgoing server||smtp.compuserve.com/ smtp.csi.com|
Given below are some useful tips for you that you should go through before initiating the steps for adding CompuServe email account on android-
- You must hold a valid username/email address and password to configure your CompuServe account on android phone.
- Make sure that your mobile phone is getting enough internet speed. Also, ensure that the wifi or mobile data is turned on.
- If you can’t retrieve your mail or you encounter an error, then you need to check your username. The username should be your full email address, including @cs.com or @compuserve.com.
- You can change the configuration from POP3 to IMAP, but to do it you need to save or back up your email to avoid potential loss during the transition.
CompuServe Classic email settings for Android
You can re-configure CompuServe Classic on your phone with manual setup or automatic set up. Follow the procedure that suits you and works for you. Here are the different configuration steps for CompuServe Classic set up on android mobile-
Given below is the automatic CompuServe Classic email set up for android-
- Tap on the mail app present on your phone.
- Enter your username and password with which you access CompuServe Classic account.
- Tap on the “next” button.
- Enter the account name and hit “done” button once the configuration is finished.
- Your phone will now automatically set up CompuServe account on it. You can restart the device before using email service for sending and receiving emails.
If you have already tried the automatic settings but you still cannot access your CompuServe account let along check the emails stored in it, then you should follow the manual procedure to link CompuServe Classic email with android device.
Manual setup of CompuServe email
In the manual settings, you simply need to change the server settings by following the procedure mentioned below. Some of the steps might differ in some android phone (based on the model, type and manufacturer). Therefore, you need to proceed accordingly. Here’s what you are required to do-
- Open the “mail” app on your mobile phone and hit the gear icon representing the “settings”.
- Now to add CompuServe Classic email, you need to tap on the “add a new email account” button.
- You’ll be prompted to choose “IMAP” or “POP” as the server type. Here you need to select “POP” option.
- Enter your username and password in the field asking for the concerned information.
- Select the “manual setup” option to configure CompuServe email on android phone.
- Enter the following details for incoming server settings-
- Username: Provide your username including @compuserve.com.
- Password: Enter the password of your CompuServe account.
- Incoming port: Set the port number to 995 or 110 as works for you.
- Incoming server:csi.com or pop.compuserve.com
- SSL required: Choose “none” option.
- Touch the “next” button to move ahead for the outgoing server settings.
- Enter the information in the outgoing email server settings as given below-
- Username: Provide your full email address for CompuServe Classic account.
- Password: Type the password in this field.
- Outgoing port number: 465 / 25
- Outgoing server:csi.com or smtp.compuserve.com
- Authentication required: Place a checkmark in the checkbox given for authentication.
- Tap on the “next” button to complete the set up.
Congratulations! You have successfully added CompuServe Classic email on your android phone. Now you can easily access your CompuServe account for sending and receiving emails. In case you still don’t get the procedure or if you are stuck at some step, then do not hesitate to give a call to the CompuServe Classic customer helpdesk.