In case you’re looking for the correct way to set up Concentric email on your android phone, then you have landed on the right page. Concentric email users often face trouble in setting up Concentric account on their phone. Many times, they end up with the incorrect configuration which causes them all sorts of issues in sending and receiving emails. The procedure to link your Concentric account with a mobile phone is much simpler than the one done on a computer.
All you need to do is follow the instructions given below to add concentric email and you’ll be able to access your account on phone hassle-free. The configuration can be done in both the format i.e. IMAP and POP. However, for better features and flexibility, it is recommended that you use POP as the account settings for the configuration.
Server settings for Concentric email
Given below are the email server settings for setting up Concentric email account on Android phone. Make sure that the fields are set as per the values given in the table.
Steps to set up Concentric email on android phone
There are two ways to configure Concentric account i.e. manual and automatic. You can choose the method that works for you. Once you are done with the setup, you can easily send and receive emails through your mobile phone. These settings might vary a little based on the type, version, and manufacturer of the android phone you are using. Here’s how to proceed for manual and automatic setup-
Automatic configuration for Concentric email settings
Automatic configuration is probably the easiest process you can apply to link your account. Here is what you need to do to connect Concentric email with android-
- Open the “mail” app on your phone.
- Tap the “settings” icon and enter the following details in the field given on the screen-
- Username: Enter your email id with which you login into Concentric account.
- Password: Provide the password
- Hit the “next” button and the phone will automatically setup Concentric email on your device.
- If you cannot access your emails with this account, then you need to setup the same using manual setup procedure.
Manually connect Concentric email with Android
The process to manually configure Concentric email on your phone is explained below. Follow the steps as given to correctly link your Concentric account for accessing your emails on android phone-
- Tap the home screen of your phone and open the “mail” application on it.
- Now, touch the “settings” gear icon to install Concentric email on android.
- You will be asked to choose an account. Tap on the “other” option and enter your email address and password in the fields.
- Tap the “manual setup” button present on the screen.
- Now you need to choose “POP” as account type. However, you can also opt for IMAP if you want.
You’ll land on the incoming server settings screen, where you need to provide the following information for incoming server-
- POP server name: Type pop3.concentric.net
- Security type: Choose the “none” option from the menu
- Port number: Set the incoming port number to 110
- Click on the “next” button to jump to the outgoing email server settings.
Enter the given information in outgoing server setting screen-
- SMTP server:concentric.net
- Security type: Choose the “none” option to disable the security feature.
- Outgoing port number: Set the port number to 25.
- Turn on the “sign-in required” option if it is turned off.
- Touch the “next” button to proceed to the next step.
- You can sync your email by selecting an option under the “sync schedule” tab.
- You can change the default size of the emails and number of emails to show by tapping the concerned options on the screen.
- Choose the “next” button.
You will land on the setup complete screen. Enter the given information to connect Concentric email account with your android phone-
- Account name: Enter the email address of the Concentric account.
- Password: Type the password you use to access Concentric email.
- In case you want to set Concentric email as your default email, then you can turn on the slider present on the screen.
- Hit “done” to complete the Concentric email set up on Android.
- A pop-up message will be presented on the screen with the message “allow email to access your contacts”, you need to select “allow” button.
You have now successfully configured Concentric email on Android Smartphone. Use the same to send and receive emails from this account. In case, you are stuck in any of the given steps or couldn’t follow the instructions, then feel free to contact the support team for further guidance and help.