Setup Comcast Email on Android Phone
Comcast can be setup very easily on your android device with the help of few changes in the configuration. By making certain changes in the settings, you can conveniently access emails stored in Comcast account from anywhere and at any time. Gone are the days when emails could only be accessed through the computer. Now you can simply use emails on your Smartphone. Comcast users wishing to configure their account on android device can do so by using the steps given in the article. These steps are very important to link Comcast email with your android phone.
Most of the time, users fail to setup their Comcast account on android as they couldn’t understand the configuration. The reason is quite simple- the procedure seems a little tricky to them. But with the proper guidance and assistance, these steps can become easy to follow. This article is dedicated to those who want to setup Comcast email on android mobile phone in the simplest way possible.
Pre-requisites of Comcast email configuration on Android device
Before heading to the set up part, it is essential for you to go through the requirements for connecting Comcast email with android device. You need to make sure of the following aspects before performing the necessary setup-
- Your android phone should be well connected to the internet and should be getting a stable internet speed.
- Backup the important files and emails stored in Comcast account before you proceed for the configuration. Though the setup given in the post won’t affect your data but for safety, you should create a backup of important data.
- The SSL attribute should be enabled for both IMAP and POP settings
- You must possess a valid username and password to add Comcast email on Android phone.
Comcast email settings
Users who want to add their Comcast email to android phone need to make changes in the incoming and outgoing email server settings. The fields stated should bear the same values as specified in the given table. Here are the key configurations users need to perform to link their email with android-
Best way to set up Comcast email on Android phone
To add Comcast email on android phone, here are the steps you are required to follow. The settings to link email in android will vary according to the model and brand of Android phone one possess. But the core confirmation will remain same for all the android phones.
- Open the “mail” app in the tools section on your android. In some phones, you may have to go to the settings.
- Tap on the “add a new email account” tab and choose “POP3” option.
- You’ll now be asked to provide your full Comcast email address and password. Once you’ve entered the information, tap on the “Manual Setup” option.
- Enter the following information in the incoming server settings:
- Incoming server: comcast.net
- Incoming port: Set the port number to 993
- Username: Provide the email address/username that you use to login into your Comcast account
- Password: Enter the password of Comcast email account you want to add in android phone
- Security type: ssl, if it is displaced “no” then you need to enable the SSL by turning it to “yes”.
- Choose ‘next’ option to continue further.
- Enter the following information in the outgoing server settings:
- Outgoing server:comcast.net
- Outgoing port: Set the port number to 587
- Security type: ssl, enable the SSL by choosing “yes” option
- Authorization required: yes
- Username: Enter your full username
- Password: Enter the password used to access Comcast email
- Choose ‘next’.
- Once you enter your preferences in the following screen, you will be asked to give the account a personal name. You have now completed the Comcast email settings for android phone.
- Restart your device to let the changes take place and then only you should use Comcast on your phone to check your emails. Once you restart the phone, the changes will get reflected in your android and you can access your emails in your phone easily.