In this age of digitalization, everything is available at the click of a button; you can get in touch with people across the world with the help of emails, messaging apps and what not. It is not necessary that you can access your emails only on computers. With the advancement of technology, mobile phones have taken the world by storm. Android phone users can setup AT&T email in their phone very easily. The process of configuring the email in android device is relatively simple.
With the procedure specified in this tutorial, you can access your email account conveniently i.e. anytime from anywhere. The configuration varies according to the android phone one owns, yet the core procedure always remains the same. The setup can be completed with the help of few changes here and there. Follow the directions to know how to setup AT&T email in android phone.
Configuration settings for AT&T
To complete the configuration of AT&T email on your Android phone, you need to change the settings as per the information given in the table-
In case you don’t understand how to execute these settings in your Android device, then follow the step by step procedure given below to setup AT&T email in Android phone.
Steps to configure AT&T email on Android devices
Before proceeding to the setup part, it is essential for you to understand that the steps might vary according to the model and brand of Android phone you possess. There might be little changes here and there in different android phones, but the core setup process remains the same. Let’s now figure out what needs to be done to setup AT&T in android phone. Simple follow the directions given below and you’ll be good to go-
- First and foremost, open the AT&T email app and tap the “settings” option to add a new email account.
- Now, you need to select the “IMAP” option.
- As soon as “IMAP” is tapped, you’ll need to enter your full AT&T email address and password to login into your AT&T account.
- From a list of option, you need to tap the “Manual Setup”.
- Now in the incoming settings screen you are required to enter the following settings in the respective fields-
- Username: Provide your email address
- Incoming port: change the port number to 993 if there is some other port number set for incoming port.
- Security type: Make sure that this field is set to the “SSL”.
- Password: Enter the password of AT&T email account
- Incoming server: mai.att.net
- Once done changing the settings, tap the ‘next’ button.
- Going to the outgoing server settings, here’s what you are required to do in the field given below-
- Outgoing server:mail.att.net
- Outgoing port: 465
- Security type: SSL
- Authorization required: yes
- Username: Enter your AT&T email address
- Password: Provide your password
- Choose ‘next’.
- Lastly, you need to enter your preferences in the screen and give the account a personal name. Now your AT&T email account has successfully been setup. You can now check your emails hassle-free.
Important tips to follow
Here are some important tips you need to follow when performing the configuration of AT&T email in android-
- Never forget to restart your device after you’re done finishing the setup. It is important to let the changes take place by restarting the android phone. If you forget to restart the device, then you might encounter problems with the email in future.
- Always keep a backup of your emails before you proceed with the setup. For a safer side, it is better to keep the backup of crucial data so that if anything goes wrong with the settings, it won’t harm the data stored in email account.
- Before proceeding with the setup, kindly check the model and brand of the phone you own and follow the steps accordingly.