Microsoft Outlook not only provides seamless emailing experience but it also comes with functions such as calendar, task manager, contact manager, web browser and many more. All you need to do is login to your Outlook account to enjoy the benefits of these features. But what happens when you are unable to log in to your Outlook account even after the password and mail address you are entering is totally correct. Well, it is not possible to even use the mailing features of Outlook without login, let alone do anything else. If you are also facing such issue and looking how to fix Outlook login error, read this article to get full details.
Different ways to solve Outlook sign in error
If the login issue in Outlook is due to an incorrect password, you can simply fix it by applying Outlook password recovery measures. However, it happens many times that even after entering the correct id and password, you are not able to login to your Outlook account. There are few troubleshoot measures that can be followed to solve login error in Outlook. Let us check them out one by one.
Outlook password recovery
Although there can be different reasons behind Outlook sign-in error, a lost or forgotten password is the most common one. If your Outlook login error is because of lost password, here’s how to reset Outlook password.
- Go to Outlook password recovery page and enter the email address or phone number related to your Outlook account.
- Select an alternate email id and the method through which you want to get your account verified.
- You can receive a verification code either on registered email address or mobile number.
- Enter this code and click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- A link with the instructions to create a new password will be sent on the alternate email address.
- Open the link and follow the instructions on screen to reset Outlook password.
Set Logon network security to Anonymous Authentication
Sometimes it happens that Outlook continually prompts for your password even after entering the right one again and again. This issue can occur if the Logon network security setting on the Security tab is set to any value other than Anonymous Authentication. The Security tab is present under Microsoft Exchange dialog box. To fix this, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to Start and open Control Panel and then double-click on Mail button.
- Click on Show Profiles option, select your Outlook profile and click Properties.
- Tap on E-mail Accounts, select your email account and then tap Change.
- In the Change Account dialog box, click on More Settings.
- The Microsoft Exchange dialog box will appear on the screen. Go to the Security tab.
- On the Logon network security list, select Anonymous Authentication and click OK.
- Click on Next, then Finish and finally select Close on the Account Settings dialog box.
- Click Close on the Mail Setup dialog box and OK to close the Mail control panel.
Change registry files
Making proper changes in the Outlook registry can help fix the sign-in error in Outlook. However it is very important that they took complete care while making any modification to the registry as a minimal error in doing so can damage your Windows. So, before you go ahead and make any changes in the registry, it is advised to take their backup so they can be restored just in case. Once the backup of your system is with you, follow the given steps to modify the registry:
- Press Window + R key and type regedit in the Run box.
- Now locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE in the left panel of Registry Editor.
- Click the arrow icon next to it to expand HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.
- Now go to software and search for Microsoft > Windows NT > Current version > Windows > AppInit_Dlls.
- Double-click on the LoadAppInit_DLLs option and select its value to 1.
- Click on OK and close Registry Editor. Restart your system to effectively apply these changes.
Note: If you system does not work properly after changing registry entry, you can change it back to the original setting. Just make sure you save the HKEY to its value that was before attempting the modification.
Delete email account or your Outlook profile
Any problem with the profile added to the Outlook email can result in Outlook sign in error. To fix it, you simply need to locate and delete the profile on your email account and then add it again. The steps to delete and add an account are given as follows:
Step 1: Open Control Panel on your device and go to Mail icon. Double-click on this icon.
Step 2: Go to Email accounts and select the account that is creating a problem.
Step 3: Tap on Remove button to remove the problematic account.
Step 4: A confirmation message will be displayed on the screen. Tap on Yes to remove the Outlook profile.
Step 5: Once it is removed, restart Outlook and add the profile again.
Step 6: To add a profile, go to Outlook and select File.
Step 7: Enter Account Settings and select Manage Profiles.
Step 8: Click on Show Profiles and select Add.
Step 9: In the Profile Name box, type a name for the profile and choose OK.
Outlook Login Error FAQs
Question 1. How do I fix Outlook server error?
Answer: You can solve server error in Outlook by repairing your Outlook email account. the option is available under Account Settings in your email.
Question 2. What is the most common Outlook login issue?
Answer: Forgot/ lost password is the most common Outlook login issue.
Question 3. How do I login to Outlook email account?
Answer: Go to the official login page of Outlook (outlook.live.com) and enter your username and latest password. Click on the Sign in button and you are now logged in to your account.