Ever since Hotmail is revamped into Outlook.com, the Hotmail users need to log into their email account through the Outlook website. Due to all these changes, the users have to face different kinds of issues and problems while accessing their Hotmail account. The problems faced by users are very diverse in nature. Some users find it difficult to sign-in to their Hotmail account while for some users Hotmail doesn’t work at all.
This tutorial is for those users who are facing different kinds of problems in using their Hotmail email account. Here, we will provide you with the possible reasons why your Hotmail not working 2019 and how you can get these issues fixed effortlessly.
What are the common problems with Hotmail?
Like any other email service, Hotmail is also prone to a lot of different errors as well as issues. Let’s have a look at some of the common problems reported by a lot of Hotmail users as given below:
- Hotmail not working on iPhone
- Hotmail not syncing
- Not able to reset hotmail password
- Hotmail not responding/ loading
- Hotmail not loading emails
- Unable to access hotmail on android
- Unable to login to hotmail
- Forgot hotmail password
- Hotmail password not working
- Hotmail not sending email 2019
- Not able to open hotmail inbox
The issues we have listed above are just for your reference. Actually, you may find yourself facing many other problems while using a Hotmail account.
Why my Hotmail account isn’t working properly?
A hotmail email account should work flawlessly with Outlook. In case your Hotmail account has stopped working then following issues might be the reasons.
- Using Hotmail on a browser that is not compatible.
- Hotmail not loading because you are using an outdated browser.
- The device on which you are using Hotmail is not compatible.
- There is an accumulation of cookies and caches in your web browser.
- Your hotmail account is blocked by outlook.
- Your device is running out of storage space especially if you are using Hotmail on Android/ iPhone
- Antivirus or any other third party app interfering with the proper workflow of Hotmail on Outlook.
- Your Hotmail account hacked by someone.
These are some of the most common factors responsible for a lot of problem in Hotmail account.
Fix: Hotmail not working on a PC/ Laptop
In case your Hotmail account isn’t working on Google Chrome or any other web browser then you should follow the steps illustrated below:
- First and foremost, you should ensure that the web browser on which you are using Hotmail is fully compatible.
- Then, ensure that you are not using an outdated version of the web browser.
- Clear the cookies and cache memory of your browser and then try to run Hotmail again.
- If you are unable to sign-in then make sure that you are entering the correct email id and password. Also, check the caps lock button, this button should not be pressed while entering the password.
- In case you can’t remember your password, then you need to run Hotmail password recovery to reset the password.
- Make sure your account is not blocked by Outlook. Generally, the accounts are blocked due to sending a lot of spam and other suspicious activities.
- In case Hotmail not receiving emails 2019 then you should make sure that there is enough storage space in your Hotmail account. Also, make sure you haven’t blocked the sender by filters.
- Check the size and format of the attachment if you are not able to send emails.
- Check IMAP/ POP settings if you are using Hotmail email on Outlook program.
- Switch to another browser and see if this resolves the problem you are facing.
- Scan your PC with a good antivirus and make sure it is not infected with a virus.
In case Hotmail is not working properly even after following all the above mentioned steps then you should contact Hotmail support for further instructions.
What to do if Hotmail email is not working on Android/ iPhone?
To enjoy the best experience of using Hotmail on Android/ iPhone it is recommended that you should set up hotmail account on android/ iPhone 2019 using IMAP. Here are the steps you should follow if you are unable to use Hotmail on Android/ iPhone.
- Make sure your android/ iPhone device has proper internet connectivity if hotmail not loading emails or working slowly.
- Check the IMAP/ POP settings and make sure they are correct if you are using Hotmail through the “mail” app on android/ iPhone.
- Ensure that there is enough storage space in your iPhone or android in case hotmail not receiving emails on iPhone/ android.
- Make sure that there isn’t any antivirus or app installed on your phone that may hinder the workflow of hotmail on Android/ iPhone.
- In case Hotmail is not working on the “Mail” app then you should try to open it on any compatible mobile browser.
- If the password is not working then you need to reset it using account recovery phone number or email.
You should seek help from the Hotmail customer service if the problem continues even after trying all the steps mentioned above.