Configuring emails on mobile phones be it an Android device or iPhone is relatively easy when compared to a computer. The majority of email services like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, etc require less number of steps to configure them on the iPhone.
When it comes to Xfinity email, it can get messy especially if you don’t understand the procedure to set it on your iPhone . If you miss out on a step, you can encounter errors leading to Xfinity email stop working on your iPhone.
Such problems can also happen due to other reasons. For example, You forgot to update your phone, or another app might be preventing the Xfinity from working properly.
Here in this post, I will walk you through the steps required to resolve “Xfinity email not working on iPhone”. Kindly go through the post and follow the directions as stated to fix the problem.
Reasons of Xfinity not responding on iPhone 2023
There are numerous reasons why you face the problem of Xfinity email not opening in iPhone. Let’s go through some of the key causes behind such an issue.
- iPhone not connected to the internet: Make sure that your phone is connected to the internet and is getting a stable speed.
- Device ran out of storage space: If your device has run out of space, then delete the unnecessary apps and then try using Xfinity. If it still creates the problem, then uninstall and re-install it again.
- Improper or incorrect email settings: Make sure that the server settings are configured properly. Incorrect settings can also cause the issue of Xfinity email freezing or not loading on iPhone.
- Wrong password: When you’re accessing Xfinity on iPhone, ensure that the username and password you’ve entered is correct.
- Device not updated: The problem of Xfinity email not responding is also associated with the iPhone when it is not updated to the latest version.
- Xfinity email account got compromised: There is another possibility of Xfinity not working error on iPhone is that your account might have been hacked.
- 3rd party app interfering with Xfinity on iPhone: There are certain cases where another app on your iPhone might be preventing Xfinity from functioning.
Fx Xfinity email Not working on iPhone
In order to get rid of Xfinity problems on iPhone device, users need to follow the instructions mentioned below-
- Check the internet connectivity: First and foremost, you need to check if your iPhone is connected to wifi or not. In case you are not connected to wifi, then make sure that mobile data is turned on in iPhone. The problem related to emails not working in iPhone can arise when your phone is not connected to the internet. Once you’ve ensured the connectivity, follow the next step.
- Check the storage space in iPhone: Check if the issue is arising due to lack of storage space in iPhone. If your iPhone is displaying storage problem, then you need to remove the heavy or unnecessary apps from your device. Once done with the uninstallation, restart your phone and check if the problem still persists. Follow the next course accordingly.
- Wrong password: In case you’ve changed the password of your Xfinity account from other devices then you’ll get an error when you try to access your emails on iPhone. In this situation, you are required to update the password of Xfinity email on iPhone device to make it work properly.
- Scan for virus in your iPhone: Next step to follow is scanning the iPhone for a malicious virus that might be the reason why you are facing difficulty in accessing Xfinity email. A virus in your device can cause serious damage to the data stored in your phone. Therefore, it is necessary to eliminate the threat which can harm your data and make the apps irresponsive.
- Check for the latest iPhone updates: Sometimes problems might occur because you have not updated your iPhone device. While updating the device on time fixes most of the issues you are encountering with Xfinity email. But, if you still cannot solve the issue, then you need to make certain changes in the configuration. Before doing that, make sure to uninstall Xfinity from your iPhone first and follow the setup procedure given.
- Re-configure Xfinity on iPhone: If the methods/solutions given above do not work for you, then you need to reconfigure Xfinity email on iPhone to remove the Xfinity email issue on iPhone. Make sure that the following incoming and outgoing server settings are applied while setting up Xfinity on iPhone-
- Incoming mail server settings
- Username: enter the username/email address that you use to login Xfinity account
- Password: enter the password of Xfinity account
- Server port: 587
- SSL: Mark this field as “yes” to enable SSL
- Outgoing mail server settings
- Username: Provide your username
- Password: Enter the password
- Server port: 995
- SSL: Mark this field as “yes”
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Xfinity email account works properly on other devices like android, windows PC/ laptop, mac, and more.
Yes, you can download the Xfinity Connect app from the App Store for a better email experience.
Make sure you have the appropriate app to open that specific file format. For example – You need a PDF reader to open PDF files.
Check and confirm that your notification settings are enabled for the Xfinity email app or adjust your device’s notification settings.
You should check the outgoing server settings.