- Walmart One has implemented 2-step verification to enhance the security of its users.
- You can set up the app, text message, or voice call to receive the verification code.
- Restarting the device or switching to another browser can also help if you can’t receive the code.
- You need to answer the security question if you don’t have access to your device.
In today’s digital age, data is one of the most important and vulnerable things. To ensure the security of customers, all major companies around the world are adopting multi-factor authentication systems. Walmart One, a global retail chain is also following a two-step verification system. Unfortunately, there are many customers who are struggling to log in or experiencing difficulties with wmlink/2step.
Not being able to access your account can be troublesome and equally frustrating. I truly understand this and will try to address this issue for you. In today’s post, I will share some quick solutions to help you get a smooth experience with Walmart One two-step verification process.
Necessity and Advantages of 2-step Verification on Walmart One
Before I discuss the solutions, it is essential to understand why Walmart has implemented this system. You should know that 2-step verification provides an additional layer of protection against unauthorized access.
It makes sure that your personal and financial information always remains safe. Through this method, no one can access your account without verifying his identity by entering the unique code that will be sent to your mobile.
Walmart One 2-Step Verification also promotes a safe online environment. By implementing this feature, they are giving priority to the security and privacy of users. This gives confidence to customers that Walmart is a secure platform and they can shop in a carefree manner.
Requirements for 2-Step Verification on Walmart
To enroll for 2-step verification and use it flawlessly, you must have and know the following things.
|Things you should have||Things you must know|
|One-Time Password (OTP) also known as a “Soft Token”||User ID and Password|
|Hard Token also known as Physical Token||Passphrase|
|Security Questions and Answers|
|Personal Identification Number (PIN)|
Solutions to common Walmart Two-Step Verification Problems
Let’s discuss the basic steps to get rid of common glitches with wmlink/2step.
Unable to Receive Verification Code
I can say that this is definitely the most common problem associated with Walmart’s two-step verification. Here is how you can fix it.
- Check and make sure that you have entered your registered phone number correctly.
- Also, confirm that you are using a stable internet connection.
- Verify that your device is not blocking incoming text messages.
- Sometimes, One Time Passwords (OTPs) can land in spam or junk folders. So, you should look out for the message in these folders as well.
Incorrect Verification Code
If the code you are entering is rejected by the website then you should go through the following points.
- Double-check the verification code you received and make sure you are entering the same correctly.
- Also, you must take care of the fact that verification codes are case-sensitive.
- If you have multiple devices registered for 2-step verification then you should confirm that you are looking for the code on the correct device.
Forgotten or Lost Device
Things can be a bit complicated if your registered device is lost. However, you can try the following steps to regain access to your account.
- Go to the Walmart One login page.
- Enter your Walmart One username and your home country.
- Click on the “Forgot Password” link.
- You might have to answer the security questions if prompted.
- Next, you need to verify your identity through alternative methods like a phone call or email.
- You may update your registered device after verifying your identity.
Out-of-sync Time on Registered Device
Many of you might not be aware of the fact that having an incorrect time setting on your registered device can trigger login errors.
- Open your device’s settings and check the date & time. It should not be out of sync.
- If required, fix the date and time on your device.
Other Miscellaneous Solutions to Fix Walmart One 2-Step Verification Not Working
|Clear Cache and Cookies||It depends on the browser you are using. Generally, the option is available under Data or History.|
|Restart Your Device||Press and hold the power button until a menu appears. Then, select the reboot/ restart option.|
|Try to run Walmart One website on another browser||Close your current browser window or tab. Open a different web browser and visit wmlink/2step.|
|Try again after putting your phone on airplane mode||Choose the “Airplane mode” icon from the notification panel and tap on it to activate the same. Wait a few seconds and tap on the same icon to turn it off.|
|Contact Walmart Support||If none of the solutions work for you then it is better to reach out to the support team. They will provide you with further assistance.|
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you can’t and should not try to bypass the two-step verification process.
You can receive the same via text message, phone call, and email.
Yes, it is necessary to have a stable internet connection to get the code.
No, a smartphone is not required to get the code. You can use a landline or cellphone to enroll for the voice call or the text message.
You can submit an online ticket through the FixIt portal at wmlink.wal-mart.com/fixit.
I have taken utmost care to provide you with accurate information. Still, if you notice any error and want rectification then let me know in the comment section. You may also connect with our team through the contact page of this website.