An instant messaging app is one of the most basic requirements of every smartphone user today. WhatsApp is the first name that comes to our mind when we hear the words instant messaging app. It is an immensely popular application that comes with cool features to enhance user experience. The best thing about WhatsApp is that it is compatible with smartphones having different operating systems.
Despite being an awesome application, it is also prone to some bugs that can cause trouble for the users. The first thing you need to do when your WhatsApp not working is not to panic because it is easy to fix almost every problem related to this application.
What to do if WhatsApp is not working?
The resolution to fix your WhatsApp depends upon the problem you are facing. We have listed some simple solutions to common problems related to this application.
Unable to Install WhatsApp/ Can’t Install WhatsApp
It is easy to fix this problem, all you have to do is follow the steps mentioned below.
- First of all, you have to ensure that you are using an Android Version 2.3.3 or higher.
- To check which version you are using, you should tap “Settings” followed by “About Phone”.
- In case you are trying to install an application from the WhatsApp website then you must ensure that you have installation from “Unknown Sources” enabled in your settings. You need not follow this step in case you are trying to install it from the Play Store.
- Make sure there is enough storage space on your phone to install new applications.
- Sometimes, a restart is enough to fix the problem. So, we recommend you to restart your phone and begin the installation process once again.
Can’t Connect to WhatsApp/ WhatsApp not connecting to the Internet
Probably, this is the most common problem faced by users. The first solution to this issue is that you have to ensure that you are connected to the Internet. In case you are connected to the internet and still having issues then you should follow the solutions listed below.
- Check and confirm that your Wifi is not disabled at the time your smartphone goes to “Sleep”.
- In case you are using Wifi, then you should toggle the connection on the modem and transmitter.
- Activate “Airplane Mode” on your smartphone and deactivate it back again. See, if the internet connection is established back again. To fix this, you should open “Settings” and then “Wifi”. Then, tap “Advanced” followed by “Set ‘Keep Wi-fi on during sleep ‘to’ Always’.
- Also, you need to ensure that you did not activate the restricted background data usage feature for WhatsApp under the “Data Usage” menu. Then, update your software or re-install the application on your Phone.
Not able to send or receive WhatsApp Message
One of the main reasons why you are not able to send/ receive WhatsApp messages is that you are not connected to the Internet. So, the first thing you need to ensure that you are connected to the internet. Check the following solutions in case you are sure that you are connected to the Internet.
- First of all, you should reboot your device. Keep it turned off for about 30 seconds and turn it on again.
- In case you are not able to send messages then it is also possible that you might be blocked. In this situation, you can’t do anything but to convey your message via email or SMS.
- Make sure that there are no wrong formatted contacts. If you have the same, you just need to edit his/ her contact entries.
My WhatsApp incoming Messages Delayed
Many users also call this issue a “blue tick of death”. Given below are the three solutions to fix this WhatsApp problem.
- First of all, you need to ensure that there is an Internet connection on your smartphone. To check this, you must try to open any website on an Internet browser on your phone.
- Next, you should turn off “Restricted Background Data”. You may find the option to do the same by the steps below.
- Open “Settings” and then “Data Usage”.
- Then, choose “WhatsApp Data Usage” and “Uncheck Restrict background data option”.
- Next, you have to reset app preferences by tapping the following options Settings > Apps > Menu Button > Reset app preferences.
- This will bring WhatsApp back to its default setting.
Contacts not displayed on WhatsApp
In case you are not able to find a contact on your WhatsApp then it might be due to a persistent minor glitch.
- Firstly, you should mark your contacts as “Visible” or “Viewable” in order to make them appear on your WhatsApp “Address book”.
- In case contacts are visible then you may refresh the app by deleting the app’s cache.
- Please note that WhatsApp cannot detect the user in case the phone number you saved on your phone is not correct.
- Ensure that the contact you are looking to find is using WhatsApp.
- You should also make sure that you are using the latest version of WhatsApp.
WhatsApp Crashing/ WhatsApp Stopped Working
If you are not able to open any WhatsApp message even after multiple attempts then you should try the following solutions.
- Uninstall the messaging app and install the same once again.
- In case the problem continues then you should change your Facebook Sync options as the Facebook app may be putting immense competition with your WhatsApp App. To fix this, you must make sure that your phone book address is organized in a proper way.
- Update your WhatsApp to the most recent version in case you are using an obsolete version.
My WhatsApp has duplicate contacts
Duplicate contacts can be annoying in your WhatsApp messenger. Here’s how you can remove duplicate contacts from WhatsApp.
- You can eradicate this problem easily by updating the WhatsApp application.
- Apart from updating, you should also make sure that there are no duplicate contacts in your Phone or SIM storage. If yes, then you must delete duplicate contacts one by one.
I am not able to see “Last Seen” on WhatsApp
There is number of possible reasons due to which you might be unable to see the “Last Seen” option.
- First of all, you have to make sure that you have not disabled the Last seen option. To confirm this, you should check out the following steps – Settings > Account > Privacy > Last Seen.
- In case this problem is occurring with one or some contacts then they might have disabled the “Last Seen” in their WhatsApp.
- Another reason behind the problem might be that your contact has blocked you. If you can’t see the profile picture then it is quite possible that you are blocked.
I have issues with Voice Calls or Can’t Answer WhatsApp Calls
- There is a strong possibility that this problem could be related to the proximity sensor that WhatsApp relies on.
- You can find the proximity sensor near the front-facing camera on your phone, and it detects when you hold your phone to your ear.
- When the sensor is activated, audio plays through speakers in a very little voice.
- To fix this problem due to the proximity sensor, you must keep your phone away from your face.
- We also recommend you to ensure that volume is turned up as well.
I can’t download photos or videos from WhatsApp
If you are unable to download videos or photos from WhatsApp then you should follow the steps given below.
- First of all, you need to tap “Settings” and then tap “Data Usage”.
- Also, you must ensure that media auto-download is enabled when you are on Wi-Fi.
- In case of media auto-download is enabled then you will either have to connect to a Wi-fi network or enable auto-download on mobile data.
- You may also try to load the images again after restarting your browser and device.