If you are a live.com email user then you might know that you can access this email account through Outlook. The good thing is that Outlook is still letting new users create Live.com emails. The main motive of having an email account is to be able to send or receive emails. Live.com email not working is one of the most common problems, users keep on complaining about issues while sending and receiving emails.
Not being able to send/ receive live.com can be intensely frustrating. If you can’t send or receive Live.com email then you can miss important information and opportunities. In today’s post, we are going to put together the common reasons why Outlook isn’t sending or receiving email and how you can fix this problem.
Why Live.com Email Not Receiving Emails?
First, we will discuss the problem where you can’t receive Live.com emails. Below are some possible causes due to which you can face problems like being unable to receive live.com emails.
- No Internet connection – You need to have good internet connectivity in order to be able to receive Live.com email. Those who are not connected to the internet will face issues.
- Messages going into the junk email folder – Sometimes, the messages supposed to land in your inbox can reach your junk folders. This happens due to inbuilt spam filters used by email services.
- Your live.com email profile is corrupt – To be able to receive live.com email your email profile should not be corrupt.
- Outlook is set to work offline – Outlook or live.com has a feature that let you work offline. However, you should note that you will not be able to receive Outlook messages while working in this mode.
- Outlook Servers might be down – It is true that the Outlook server works fine most of the time. But, it is also true that sometimes due to technical hiccups Outlook servers can be down in your area.
How to fix Live.com email when it’s not receiving emails?
The problem of not being able to receive live.com email is not limited to Windows devices only. Many users face similar problems on macOS and iPhone/ Android devices. The steps to resolve these problems are as follows.
- Restart Outlook – Firstly, you should close and re-open Outlook. This could clear up the basic issues that might be stopping new emails from reaching your inbox.
- Check out Internet Connectivity – In case you are getting disconnected or trying to connect status then should check the Internet connectivity. If you are connected to the internet then make sure that Outlook is not set to work offline.
- Offline Settings – Those who are unable to receive live.com email on Mac should check they are not working offline. In case the problem continues then you may sign in to your email account and change your settings.
- Check on other folders – If you can’t see the message you are looking for in your inbox then it is possible that messages are going into the Junk Email folder. So, check out the junk folder. You may also transfer the message from junk to inbox.
- Create a new Outlook Profile – In case live.com not working for you may create a new Outlook profile. Creating a new account can help because corrupt profiles often get problems in receiving new emails.
- Clear Outlook Cache – Many a time, it is observed that new incoming emails get stuck in the Outlook process. To fix this you may clear the cache of Outlook and see if this resolves the problem.
- Check your Email Rules – In case you have any rules or filter to keep spam messages at bay then you should recheck the same. Make sure that your filter is not stopping new messages from reaching your inbox.
Reasons behind Live.com Email not sending problem
A lot of users complain that their Live.com email is not working and they can’t send emails. Given below are some possible reasons behind such problems.
- Slow or interrupted Internet connectivity
- Account is locked or blocked by Outlook due to sending a large number of spam emails
- Making a typing mistake while entering the email address of your recipient
- Trying to send a file that is too big
- You can also face problems in sending files that you are not supported by Outlook
- You are blocked by the recipient
How to fix the live.com email not sending issue?
If you are unable to send live.com emails then you may try the following steps to troubleshoot.
- First of all, make sure that you are connected to a fast and uninterrupted Internet connection.
- Then, confirm that your Outlook profile is not corrupt. In case your profile is correct then you may create a new profile.
- Check and confirm that you are not making any typing mistake at the time of entering the email address of the recipient.
- In the next step, you must ensure that the file you are looking to send is not too big. If you are looking to send a big then you may divide the same into multiple files.
- Apart from this, it is compulsory for you to confirm that the format of the file you are sending is supported.
- Confirm that your email account is not blocked by Outlook due to sending a large number of spam messages. Such bans are generally temporary and you should be able to send emails once again.
- Contact your recipient using another method and confirm that your account is not blocked by them.
- In case you are not able to send live.com email on any third party email client then you should check your IMAP/ POP settings. The IMAP/ POP settings live.com are as follows.
- IMAP server name – outlook.office365.com
- IMAP port – 993
- IMAP encryption method – TLS
- POP server name – outlook.office365.com
- POP port – 995
- POP encryption method – TLS
- SMTP server name – smtp-mail.outlook.com
- SMTP port – 587
- SMTP encryption method – STARTTLS