It is fair to say that emails are the backbone of the modern world’s communication. Most of our professional conversations these days take place through emails. This is the reason why we want to access our email accounts on the go through our mobile phones. However, things can get utterly frustrating when you are expecting an important email and your iPhone email stops working.
If you can’t access your emails then you may get locked out of your social media account in case you have added your email account as a password recovery option. The bottom line is your email account is very important and you should try to fix your iPhone email immediately if it is not working properly.
Why iPhone email isn’t working?
There are many possible factors that can cause iPhone emails to work imperfectly. Actually, there are different causes due to which various issues in iPhone email can occur. Still, we have compiled a list of some possible reasons why iPhone email isn’t working for you.
- Slow and Interrupted Internet connection: A smooth internet connection is the most basic requirement for smooth operations of an email service. So, in case emails are not working on your iPhone then it is quite possible that you working with a weak internet connection.
- Incompatible browser: Browser compatibility is also very important if you are using an email account through a web browser on your iPhone. An incompatible browser may result in errors and issues
- Browser’s Plug-in and add-ons: A lot of us add plug-ins and add-on to our browser to make browsing more convenient. However, sometimes these plugins can be problematic as well.
- Using incorrect login credentials: This is the most obvious reason why many iPhone email users might have to face login problems.
- IMAP/ POP settings: To use emails through the “Mail” app on your iPhone. You have to configure the account using IMAP/ POP settings. Those who are using incorrect POP/ IMAP settings might have to deal with issues.
- Missing iOS update: Apple releases updates regularly to fix various drawbacks. In case some iOS updates are missing on your iPhone then may you have to face issues while using emails.
- Phone running out of storage space: In order to run an application on an iPhone, you must have enough storage space on your device. It is possible that your iPhone email might not be working properly because of depleting storage space.
How to fix iPhone email app not working?
As we don’t know the exact problem you are facing, we can only provide solutions to some of the most common issues related to the iPhone email.
iPhone Emails Not Opening/ Stopped Working
In case you are not able to open your emails on an iPhone then you must check out the following troubleshooting measures.
- First of all, you need to check your network connection. Ensure that you are connected to a fast internet connection. You should also make sure that your iPhone is not operating on Airplane mode. In this mode, a device can’t get connected to the internet. Thus, can’t load emails.
- If you are unable to open emails through the “Mail” app then you should try again after restarting the app.
- Those who are opening their email accounts through a web browser must make sure that they are using a compatible browser. Also, make sure that you are using an updated browser.
- Sometimes, just a simple restart is enough to fix some of the most common iPhone email problems. So, if the problem continues then we recommend you restart your iPhone and try again.
- If you are using an obsolete version of iOS then you must update the same.
- Another quick way to fix iPhone email is removing your email account from the mail app and set it up once again.
- It is also possible that there might be a problem with your email account instead of your iPhone. To check the same, you should run your email account on any other device.
Unable to receive emails on iPhone
Those users who can’t receive iPhone emails may try the following solutions to fix the issue.
- Firstly, you are required to confirm that you are connected to the internet so that new emails can reach your device.
- After that, you should check with your email service provider to know if there any service outage or not.
- Ensure that your notification settings are active and fetching new data. To do the same, you have to follow the steps below.
- Open “Settings” and then “Mail”.
- After that, you should tap “Accounts”.
- Next, you need to select the “Fetch New Data” option.
- After that, you will have to choose a setting i.e. “Automatically” or “Manually”. Apart from this, you must also choose a schedule for how often the mail app fetches data.
- Next, you need to check and make sure that new emails are not begin filtered out of your email account due to your incorrect filter settings. At the same time, you should also check your block list because it is possible that you might have blocked the sender by mistake.
- If the problem persists even after following all the troubleshooting measures mentioned above you must remove your email account from your iPhone and set it up once again. The steps to the same are as follows.
- Open “Settings” on your iPhone and tap “Mail”.
- Next, you need to tap “Account” and choose the email account you are looking to remove.
- After that, you must tap the “Delete Account” button.
- Now, your email account is removed and you may add your email address once again using the correct IMAP/ POP settings.
Problems sending emails on an iPhone
Those who are unable to send iPhone emails should try out the following solutions.
- First and foremost, you must make sure that your iPhone is connected to a wifi or mobile data connection. An internet connection is required in order to send an email.
- Check with your email service provider that your account is not blocked from sending new emails.
- Apart from this, you should confirm that the size and format of the email you are sending is supported.
- Make sure you are not making any typing mistake while entering the email address of your recipient.
- Finally, if none of the steps help you then you consider removing your email account from your iPhone and adding it once again.
Can’t sign-in to iPhone Email
Not being able to log into iPhone email is a very common problem. You can try to fix it by following the below-listed steps.
- To start the troubleshooting, you must confirm that you are entering the correct password.
- If you forgot your iPhone email password then you have to run password recovery as per your email service provider.
- At the time of the password recovery, you have to confirm your identity either by verifying the temporary password received on your email address/ phone number or answering the security questions.
We hope that this post helps you resolve the issue you are dealing with regarding iPhone email. However, if the problem continues then it is better to take help from iPhone support for further troubleshooting.