Hulu is a streaming service that has carved a niche for itself in a relatively shorter span of time. The reason behind that is it offers better TV and movie watching experience than many other streaming services. Despite having a lot of benefits, Hulu is also prone to some inevitable technical glitches like all other applications. Problems related to buffering, freezing videos, poor video quality, etc. are experienced quite regularly. This post is just for you in case Hulu stopped working on your device. Here, you will find the most practical solutions to some common issues regarding the Hulu app.
What to do if Hulu isn’t working?
The Hulu platform is different from Netflix and Amazon prime videos in many ways. One of the advantages that Hulu has is it allows users earlier access to various popular TV shows. So, it is needless to say that you want the issue to be resolved as early as possible if Hulu not working on your device. Given below are some basic solutions that you should try as soon as Hulu stops working.
- Close down all the apps running on your device and run Hulu once again to see if the problem gets resolved.
- Restarting the device you are using to run the Hulu app.
- Fairly good internet connectivity is required to run Hulu. So, you should reset your router if you suspect that the problem is due to a poor internet connection.
- In case Hulu is not working on Android then you should go to the play store and update the app. Similarly, you must visit the app store for updates in case Hulu not working on iPhone.
Advanced Solutions to Fix Hulu Problems
The more advanced solutions depend upon the exact issue you are facing with the Hulu services. Let’s take a look at the advanced solutions to fix some of the most common Hulu glitches.
Hulu App Stuck on welcome screen
A lot of users report technical issues related to the Hulu app quite regularly. Apart from the generic complaints like “Hulu was unable to start” or “We’re having trouble loading this right now”, problems like Hulu Stuck on a black/blank screen are also reported.
No need to worry if you are also dealing with any such error. All you need to do is try the following troubleshooting measures to get rid of the problem with ease.
- Restart the Hulu Application: You may start by closing the Hulu app completely and launching it once again.
- Restart your device: the next troubleshooting measure is starting the device on which you are streaming Hulu.
- Check your Internet connection: Ensure that the device you are using has proper internet connectivity.
- Improve your connection: It is also possible that your internet speed might be too slow to stream videos. So, if Hulu not streaming videos on your device then you must perform a speed test.
- Look for the app and system updates: Using an obsolete app is also a major reason behind the problems like Hulu not opening, stopped working, etc.
- Clear App data: Still, if Hulu not loading properly then you may clear the temporary files like cache, cookies, etc.
- Uninstall/ reinstall Hulu: To alleviate any streaming issues you may also uninstall and reinstall Hulu from your device.
Unable to log in to Hulu
Another problem that is faced by many users is the Hulu password not working or can’t sign into Hulu. We have compiled some basic solutions to such a problem as given below.
- Make sure you are entering the correct password of your Hulu account. Please note that you need to reset Hulu Password in case you can’t remember the same.
- Just like a password, you should also check and ensure that you are not doing any typing mistake while entering the Hulu email address.
- In case you are able to log in to hulu.com/account on a web browser then the issue might be related to your subscription.
Getting “Hulu is blocked” error
You may also encounter the following error message while opening Hulu on your mobile device – “Sorry, Hulu is blocked on this device.”
- This error message indicates that you haven’t checked in at Home in over 30 days.
- To get rid of the error, you must open Hulu app on your mobile device when connected to the wifi network of your home.
Hulu Audio Issues
We request you to try the steps listed below in case you are dealing with issues like Hulu no audio problem, audio distortion, Audio/ Video out of sync, volume too high or low, etc.
- Switch to another video as the problem might be related to a particular video.
- Alter the audio settings and ensure that the stereo setting is selected for audio.
- Connect the HDMI cable to a different port in case Hulu not working on a smart TV.
- If you are using external speakers then check the audio after removing them.
If none of the steps let you resolve the problem then you should contact Hulu support for further solutions.