Google doesn’t have much of a competition when it comes to the popularity of its search engine. It is used by billions of people around the globe. However, you should also know that a search engine is not the only service that is offered by Google. In fact, Google offers more 100 different services including Gmail, Google App, Google Hangout, play store etc. Almost every service that is offered by Google is of the highest quality. Still, the users have to face different problems in using Google search. It is very important to have a properly working search engine because it is not possible for anyone to remember the URLs of all the websites. A search engine provides you with a gateway to access your favorite website with ease. That’s why, if your Google search not working 2020 then you should fix it immediately.
For using Google search engine in a better way on Android/ iPhone, Google App is available on the app store and play store. If Google not working on your PC or on your smartphone, you can follow the steps mentioned in this post and get rid of the problem with ease.
What are the common problems you can face with Google search engine 2020?
There are a lot of issues that a user may have to face while trying to search a website or term on the Google search. Let’s have a look at some of the common Google search issues that can cause a lot of trouble for the users.
- Google search not opening.
- Google search result links not working.
- Problems due to Google won’t display search result
- Google search is working very slowly.
- Google not showing the image search result
- Inconvenience due to Google App crashing every now and then.
- Unable to download Google App from the Play store.
- Unable to update Google App
- Google search hanging up on Chrome.
- “Ok Google” or Google voice search not working
Please note that these are just the handful of some issue due to which Google 2019 Stops working for different users. Actually, there are many more problems that a user can face while searching for information on Google.
Why did Google stopped working for you?
The reason behind a Google search problem depends upon the exact issues. However, there are some common factors behind a lot of problems as given below:
- Poor internet connection: In order to search on Google you need to a proper internet connection.
- Issues with a web browser: In case you prefer to use google search using www.google.com website, then you should check your browser. It is quite possible that you face a problem in using Google search due to an issue in your browser.
- Google App is outdated: Most of the smartphone users prefer using Google search through the Google App. The Google App 2019 may not work for you properly if it requires an update.
- Antivirus installed in your device causing the problem: It is possible that your Google search may not be working properly because of your antivirus program. To ensure the security of your device, many a time, an antivirus blocks user from using Google apps or Google search on the web.
- Your device is infected with malware: A few malwares are also designed to block the user from searching for solutions on Google. However, the possibility of such problems is quite rare.
Fix Google Search not working on a Computer Browser
Here are the steps that you should follow in case Google not working on Internet Explorer or any other web browser installed in your PC like Chrome, Firefox etc.
- The first thing you should check is your Internet connection. Make sure you are connected to a good internet connection while searching a term on Google.
- The browser on which you are using Google search should be readily compatible. It recommended browsers that you should opt for are Google Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Safari and Internet Explorer browser for the best result.
- Clear your browsing data including cache, cookies, and search history.
- Make sure you are using the most updated version of your browser.
- Try to run Google search again after resetting the browser. If Google not working on Chrome 2019 then you can reset chrome by the steps given below:
- Run Google Chrome and open menu (three vertical dots icon from the top right corner)
- Click on the “Settings” button from the drop-down menu.
- Then, you need to click “Show Advanced settings” option
- Finally, click on “Reset”.
- If the problem continues even after resetting the browser then you should switch to any other browser.
Also Read: Gmail not working
Google App not working on Android 2020
In case the Google App is not working on your Android phone then you should try the steps given below.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet via wifi or mobile data connection.
- Ensure that you are not using your phone on airplane mode.
- Close the Google App and restart it once again to see if this resolves the problem.
- Update the Google App. You can check if there is an update available for Google app on the play store.
- Clear the Google app cache.
- If the problem continues even after clearing cache then you should clear the Google app data as well. Remember clearing Google App data will permanently delete the files and settings in your Google app.
Google search stopped working on an iPhone
Similarly to the android, you can also use Google app on iPhone. Here are the steps you should follow if Google isn’t working on iPhone.
- Check your mobile data or wifi connection.
- Turn off airplane mode if it is on.
- Make sure you are using the latest updated version of Google App.
- Restart your iPhone and run Google app once again.
- If the problem continues then you should clear the app data.
What to do if my Google Play store is not working?
In order to use Google app on Android/ iPhone, you need to download and install it from the play store. What if your Play store starts to show the problems? Here are the steps you need to follow in such cases.
- If Google Play store is hanging then you should force close it through android/ iPhone setting.
- Make sure that the “date and time” in your device is correct.
- Run play store again after restarting your phone.
- Empty the Google play store cache.
- Clear the Google Play store data if the problem continues.
- Uninstall update of Play store and reinstall them.
“Ok Google” isn’t working
“OK Google” is voice search assistance developed by Google. If it is not working on your Android then you should follow the steps illustrated below:
- Firstly, you should make sure that “Google Assistant” is turned on in your android smartphone.
- Update the Google app application if an update is available.
- Set up your voice model on Google. You can do this through the Google Assistant.
- Say “Ok Google” to see if the problem gets fixed or not.
- Send feedback through Google app if the problem continues
We hope that this post helps you if you are facing Google not working problem 2019. However, if the issue still hasn’t resolved then you contact Google support.