Cloud Gaming is steadily but surely changing how traditional video games are played. The next big thing in the world of cloud-based gaming is Stadia. This is an amazing unified gaming platform where we can download, play, and share games at a very high speed without lags. The whole concept of cloud gaming is still new. So, some users may have to deal with a few issues here and there. Luckily, Stadia Customer service is available to help us fix problems and enjoy a seamless gaming experience.
In today’s post, we will discuss what you should do in case Stadia not working for you. Apart from this, we will also let know about the methods to contact the Stadia Support team for assistance.
What is Stadia and how it works?
There is a lot of people that still confuse stadia with a gaming console. No, it is not a gaming console. Actually, it is a whole new concept where you get to play your favourite games online. You don’t need a high-end gaming console and processor to play games. All you need is a high-speed and stable internet connection.
In simple words, we can say that Stadia is like Netflix of gaming. Here, you can download your favourite games and play them as much as you want. Google has already built out a large number of data centers across the globe so that users can enjoy gaming in HDR at 60 frames per second with 4K resolution. A few of the major benefits of Stadia are as follows.
- You can build your collection of games as all games are available online.
- A range of new and exciting games every month
- No need to buy expensive gaming consoles your desktop, laptop, compatible phone, or tablet is enough.
Stadia compatible gamepads, Mobile Phones, and screens
Not using Stadia with a compatible device is the primary reason why users often complain that their Stadia is not working and showing errors and issues. Let’s go through the devices that are readily compatible with Stadia
Mobile device compatible with Stadia
- OnePlus® 5, 6, 7, 7 Pro, 7 Pro 5G, 8, 8 Pro
- OnePlus 5T, 6T, 7T, 7T Pro, 7T Pro 5G, 8T
- OnePlus Nord, N10 5G, N100
- Apple® iPhone® and iPad®
- Asus® ROG® Phones
- Pixel 2, 2XL, 3, 3XL, 3a, 3a XL, 4, 4XL, 4a, 4a (5G), 5
- Samsung Galaxy® S8, S8+, S8 Active, S9, S9+, S10, S10+, S20, S20+, S20 Ultra
- Samsung Note® 8, 9, 10, 10+
- Razer® Phone, Razer Phone II
- LG® V50 ThinQ™, V50S ThinQ, V60 ThinQ, G7 ThinQ, G8 ThinQ, Wing
Note: More mobile devices will be compatible with Stadia over time. So, please be patient if your phone is not on the list.
Stadia Compatible TVs and Streaming Devices
Stadia works well with Google TV, Chromecast Ultra, and compatible Android TVs. For the best experience, we recommend you opt for any of the following devices.
- Nvidia Shield TV Pro
- Onn™ FHD Streaming Stick and UHD Streaming Device
- Panasonic® JX800 series (Europe)
- Chromecast Ultra
- Chromecast with Google TV
- Hisense® Android Smart TVs (U7G, U8G, U9G)
- Nvidia® Shield TV
- Philips® Android TVs from 2019 (7304 and higher) and 2020 (8505 and higher)
- TCL® 5-Series and 6-Series (with Google TV)
- Xiaomi® MIBOX3 and MIBOX4
How to play stadia on non-supported/ incompatible Android devices?
Don’t get disheartened if your phone is not on the list of supported devices. You can still try and run stadia games. Maybe you are lucky enough and games might work properly. To do that you can follow the steps listed below.
- Firstly, you should download and install Stadia on your android device through the play store.
- Run the stadia app and open settings.
- In the next step, you should tap “Experiments” and turn on “Play on this device”.
- You should remember that your play experience may vary, depending on your mobile device and network speed.
Stadia Gameplay troubleshooting – Resolve Errors and Issues
Let’s go through some generic steps to fix some common Stadia problems.
Stadia isn’t working on a TV using Chromecast Ultra
- To enjoy the best experience, you must install Chromecast ultra in a well-ventilated area.
- Make sure your Chromecast ultra is securely plugged into an HDMI 2.0 (or greater port) on your TV.
- If available then you should turn on “Game Mode” in your TV’s settings.
- Turn off the 50Hz HDMI mode. You will find this option under display settings.
- We also suggest you disable overscan in your TV’s settings and set your picture size to fit the screen.
- In case nothing works then you may lower your performance settings.
Unable to Play Stadia games on 4K
- The first thing you need to verify is that you have an active subscription to Stadia Pro. Please note that up to 4k resolution is only available to Stadia Pro Subscribers.
- Also, note that not all games support 4K resolution.
- Go to the performance settings of your device and set your resolution to Up to 4K. Here, you may check your connection status to verify you are playing at up to 4k resolution.
- You should ensure that your TV or computer’s display supports 4K.
- Connect your device to your display with an HDMI 2.0 (or greater) cable.
Note: If you were playing the game on a TV or computer that doesn’t support 4K then you will need to restart the session to get up to 4K resolution.
Stadia not working on Google Chrome
- Those who are facing experience issues with the game response or visuals then sign into Stadia in an incognito mode. If this resolves your problem then it indicates that one of the browser extension is incompatible. Remover extensions and try to run the game again.
- You should set your Google Chrome zoom settings to 100% if the problem continues
- Check and confirm that your HDMI cable supports HDMI 2.0 or greater, and is plugged into an HDMI 2.0 or greater port on both ends.
- In case you are using Windows then go to Advanced scaling settings under your display settings and turn off the feature that lets Windows try to fix apps.
- Try connecting your computer to a single display because multiple displays can downgrade the performance.
- Enabling and disabling acceleration in Google chrome can also help.
- Lower your performance settings if the problem continues.
- You may get in touch is Google Statia Customer support if none of the above steps work.
How to contact Google Stadia Customer Service?
Through the Google website
Here are the steps by which you can follow to contact Customer Support for Google Stadia.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website i.e. https://support.google.com/stadia.
- Scroll down and click on the “Contact us” button available under “Need more help?”.
- Then, provide details about the problem you are facing related to Google Stadia.
- You will have to confirm the issue you are dealing with in the next step.
- Next, you may initiate the Google Stadia Online Chat Support by clicking on the “Chat” button.
- Before you start the chat, you need to enter your First Name, and Email Address.
- You may also contact the support team on Twitter as well.
- The official handle for Stadia is @GoogleStadia.
- You can either tweet your problem or send the team a direct message (DM).
- Just like on Twitter, Google Stadia has its presence on Facebook as well.
- The official page of Google Stadia on Facebook is https://www.facebook.com/GoogleStadia/
- On this page, you can get answers to all your questions related to Stadia.
Question – 1: I can’t sign into my Stadia account even after entering the correct credentials. What to do?
Answer: In such a situation, you may check out the following things.
- If you are a child and are on a child’s account then you may ask to send a request to your parent so that your parent may create a profile for you.
- You may be trying to sign in from an area that is outside of the allowed regions.
- Google might be working on a request to recover your Stadia account.
- It is also possible that you are facing such a problem because you are using a G Suite Account instead of a Google Account.
Question – 2: Is it possible to use Stadia on a weak internet connection?
Answer: No, you need a fairly good and stable internet connection. So, make sure your connection speed is 10 megabits per second (Mbps) or greater.
Question – 3: How to play stadia on iPhone or iPad?
Answer: You can play games on your iPhone or iPad by creating a safari web app on your device.
Question – 4: I got a “Please check your connection” error. What does that mean?
Answer: If you got this error before you start your game then it means Stadia tested your connection and determined that it wasn’t strong enough to play a game. On the other hand, in case you got this message because your game stopped then it means your connection isn’t strong enough to continue playing. In this situation, for the next 10 minutes, you’ll be able to return to where you left off in the game if your internet connection improves.