Facebook has emerged as one of the best social media platforms that has connected billions of people across the world. You can not only talk to them but also know what’s happening in their lives. When facebook stops working or causes some error due to which you cannot use some functions of facebook, then it naturally can cause a little distress. However, the team behind facebook is constantly working to fix the errors that keep on popping while using facebook. There are a number of reasons that can cause facebook to stop working on your computer or mobile phone. This post will shed light on some of the key cases where facebook fails to work properly and their solutions. By following the solutions given in the article, you can easily get rid of different problems encountered in facebook.
Situations leading to facebook not working
The experience of using facebook can turn sour when you cannot use it properly and face all sorts of errors and issues. These issues can make things unpleasant for you. But you need not worry as we’ll tell you the ways through which you can get rid of different issues. Here are the situations where facebook fails to respond
- Facebook not loading in my phone
- Cannot upload pictures in facebook
- My facebook password is not working
- My facebook account got blocked
- Facebook account got hacked/compromised
- Facebook newsfeed not working
- My facebook timeline is loading slowly
- Unable to set privacy settings on individual post
- Facebook chat sidebar not working
- Cannot find someone in facebook search
- FB page not working
Steps to fix “facebook not working 2020” issue
The issues mentioned above are just a handful among others. If you find an issue that matches your situation, then you can go through the solution stated below to fix the concerned problem.
- Newsfeed not working in fb: If you cannot see newsfeeds in your facebook account, then you might have a cache or temporary data issue. To fix the problem, here’s what you need to do-
- Clear the cache and temporary data from your computer or phone, whichever device you are using to access facebook. This can be done by going to the web browser’s settings or preferences. The settings will vary according to the version of browser you are using and the operating system your device has.
- If this doesn’t solve your issue, it may be because you’re using third-party extensions. To access your facebook account, it is recommended that you disable these extensions first.
- In case disabling the extensions fails to work, then you can also try using a different web browser to login into your fb account. The problem with newsfeeds will get fixed automatically now.
- FB timeline loading slowly: Many users encounter that their facebook timeline loads very slowly or won’t load at all. If you are also noticing the problem then here are a few things you can try to fix it-
- If you’re using facebook through mobile phone, then make sure that you’re connected to the internet through a reliable data or Wi-Fi network.
- If you’re accessing your account through facebook mobile app, log yourself out of the app and the login again.
- If the problem is occurring while using fb on a computer then you need to refresh the page and try again.
- Unable to set privacy settings on individual post: If you are facing difficulty in setting the privacy on individual post, then you should know that facebook lets you choose your audience using the audience selector. The audience selector tool can be found at most of the places where you share updates, videos, photos among other things. All you are required to do is simply click on the tool to select who you want to share the post with.
For example, if you choose “Public” for a post, then your next post will also be made Public by default unless you change the audience when you post. When you make a change to the audience selector tool in one place, the change gets reflected everywhere the post appears.
- Facebook chat sidebar isn’t loading: Users who cannot see the chat sidebar in their facebook account can fix the issue by checking if they have turned on the chat button at the bottom of sidebar. By turning on the chat button you can start chatting with your friends, and family. However, if you still cannot use the chat sidebar, then you can report the problem in the community page of facebook.
- Cannot send messages on facebook: In case you are not able to send messages in facebook or are getting “unable to connect to Facebook” error message whenever you try to send a message, then follow these troubleshooting steps to solve the issue-
- Check your internet connection: Ensure that your device is connected to the internet and is getting a stable internet speed.
- Update your browser: Use the latest version of compatible web browsers to access facebook.
- Check if you are blocked from sending messages or not. If you’re blocked from sending messages, then you cannot send message to that sender.
- Last but not least, if you fail to fix the issue by these methods then you should report the problem to the facebook community.
- Facebook search not working: If you’re looking for a person on facebook but failed to find him/her, then there are few reasons why the search button won’t work in facebook-
- Your friend isn’t on Facebook yet. You need to invite him/her to facebook.
- You might be searching for the person using incorrect information or specification.
- You might have blocked the person you are searching for.
- The person might have limited their privacy settings or have blocked you. Sometimes people forget that they’ve limited their settings. In this case, you need to remind them to look at their privacy settings and make the necessary changes.
- My facebook page is not working: In case your facebook page 2020 is not working properly, then it might be related to the version of browser you are using. Try to open the page in other web browsers to check if the problem is happening with all the browsers or a specific one. If it is occurring in every web browser, then you can report the problem by clicking the help center question mark present in the top-right corner of your page. From there you’ll find the option to “report a problem”.
- My facebook account is being used by someone else: If you are finding suspicious activities in your facebook account, then there is a chance that your account might have got hacked by someone. To get back the access of your fb account, you must report the incidence to facebook. The link to report such cases can easily be found on facebook. You need to authenticate yourself as the true owner of the account to facebook by answering some basic security questions. If answered correctly, the team will further tell you the instructions to be followed to gain back the access of fb account.