When you opt for Cox high-speed internet connection, you also get up to 10 Cox email accounts with 2 GB storage space each. The overall performance and user interface of Cox webmail is quite impressive. Additionally, the safety features in a Cox email account are also very nice. However, despite having all these stupendous features, different errors and issues in Cox email are inevitable. It is not rare to see users grumbling that their Cox email not working. The issues that can occur in a Cox email account are very diverse in nature. Every individual can face a unique problem of its own.
Nonetheless, if your Cox email stopped working then this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss the different problems that can occur in your Cox email account along with the most convenient steps to fix them.
What common errors and issues that can occur in Cox email?
Cox email is no different from the other popular email services. More often than not, you can see different errors and issues occurring in a Cox email account. We have compiled a list of top issues due which Cox email stops working for different users.
- Unable to sign-in to COX email.
- Cox email password not working.
- Not able to send email on Cox.
- Cox SMTP server not working.
- Cox email account gets blocked by itself
- Someone else is accessing my Cox email account (Cox email hacked)
- Cox email not opening on Chrome
- Cox email not responding on Android
- Unable to use Cox email on an iPhone
- Cox email account not receiving emails
- Unable to reset Cox password
- Cox email not working on 3rd party applications like Outlook, Thunderbird etc.
We have listed these Cox errors just for the purpose of example. In fact, there are many more problems that can occur in a Cox email account every now and then.
What are the main reasons why Cox email isn’t working?
The primary causes of common Cox email issues are illustrated below:
- An interrupted and slow internet connection: In order to load your email properly, it is important that your internet connection is working with an interruption. If you are not connected to the internet then you can face problems in accessing Cox emails.
- Using Cox email on an incompatible browser or device: In case Cox emails are not loading or opening then your browser might be the culprit.
- Using a wrong username or password: Most of the login issue takes place because of forgetting the Cox email password. Sometimes, users can also make typing mistake while entering username and password
- Incoming IMAP/ POP configuration: If you are using Cox on another third party applications such MS outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird then you can face errors due to improper IMAP/ POP settings.
- Extensions and Add-ons installed in your browser: We install add-ons and extensions on our browsers to enhance the user experience. However, these extensions can also be responsible for errors and issues in Cox email.
- Windows Firewall and your Antivirus software: Sometimes, your windows firewall and antivirus can also cause hindrance in the proper working of SBCGlobal.
What can I do if my Cox email is not working?
Let’s go through the steps that you should follow in order to fix Cox email problems in different devices.
Cox Email account is not working on a PC
In case your Cox Email account isn’t working on Google Chrome or other browsers such as Internet Explorer, Firefox etc then you should follow the steps given below:
- Check your internet and make sure you are opening Cox Email on a compatible browser.
- If your browser is compatible and Cox Email still not responding then you should clear the browser data such as caches, cookies etc.
- Turn off the 3rd party extensions and add-ons installed in your browser. You should disable these add-ons one by one so that you can identify which add-ons are problematic.
- Switch to other browsers and load your Cox email once again.
- You may also disable the windows firewall and antivirus for a while if the problem continues.
- In case Cox email not working on Outlook or Thunderbird then you should recheck the POP/ IMAP configuration settings.
My Cox email stopped working on iPhone
Even though you can also access your Cox email using safari browser, it is a smart idea to set up Cox email on iPhone for better functionality. If Cox isn’t working on iPhone then you should check the instructions below:
- Check the wifi and mobile internet connection on your iPhone.
- Switch off the airplane mode if it is on.
- Make sure there is ample storage space available on your iPhone.
- Recheck the IMAP/ POP configuration settings.
- In case you are facing problem in using Cox email via IMAP on iPhone then you may switch to POP. The POP settings for using Cox email on iPhone are as follows:
- Incoming mail server hostname: pop.cox.net
- Incoming mail port: 110
- SSL: none
- Outgoing mail server hostname: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing port: 25
- Requires login: yes
- You should report the issue to Cox support if the problem continues.
Cox email not working on an Android
The instructions to fix Cox not working on Android issue are discussed below:
- Check wifi/ mobile data connection and storage space available on your android.
- Remove unwanted apps if your Android device is running out of space.
- Restart your android phone and try to use Cox email once again.
- You should try switching to different browsers to load Cox email on your Android phone.
- Recheck your IMAP/ POP settings for using Cox email on android. The COX email POP settings for Android are given below:
- Incoming server hostname: pop.cox.net
- Incoming mail port: 110
- SSL: None
- Outgoing server: smtp.cox.net
- Outgoing port: 25
- Requires sign-in: yes
- Remember, if you are unable to receive email but can send them then it is possible that your Cox outgoing mail server not working. Similarly, if the problem is with receiving an email then your incoming mail server might not be working.
Instructions to fix some other general issues
Here are some general Cox emails troubleshooting instructions for common problems.
My Cox email account password not working
Here are the steps that you should follow if your Cox email password not working
- First of all, visit the Cox login page.
- Click on the “Forget password” link.
- Now, Cox will send you a security code on your mobile number associated with Cox account.
- Enter the security code at the prescribed location.
- Create a new Cox email password and log in to Cox email effortlessly.
Cox email account not sending/ receiving emails
Try to send yourself an email, if an email doesn’t arrive in your inbox then your Cox email is surely not working properly.
- Check the email in other folders within your Cox email account including spam, trash etc.
- Check the filters of your Cox email account and see if the new incoming emails are not being filtered out.
- Make sure you have blocked the sender/ recipient.
- Also, ensure that you are not blocked by your recipient or sender.
- Check the POP/ IMAP configuration settings. Remember you can’t send an email if Cox email SMTP server not working.
- Temporarily disable the antivirus software installed in your device.
In case the Cox email still not working for you even after following all the steps mentioned in this post then you should get in touch with Cox email support.