Comcast Email Not working on Iphone: Configuring emails on mobile phones be it- an Android device or iPhone is relatively easy when compared to a computer. While the majority of email services like Gmail, AOL, Yahoo, etc require little steps to configure them in iPhone. When it comes to Comcast email, this work can get pretty messy if you don’t understand the procedure to set it on your iPhone device. When you miss out a step, you encounter errors leading to Comcast email not working on your iPhone. This problem might also have happened due to other reasons as well. You might have forgotten to update your phone, or another app might be preventing the Comcast from working properly. Here in this post, we’ll walk you through the steps required to get rid of “Comcast email stopped working on iPhone”. Kindly go through the post and follow the directions as stated to fix the problem.
Reasons of Comcast not responding on iPhone
There are numerous reasons why you face the problem of Comcast email not opening in iPhone. Let’s go through some of the key causes behind Comcast email loading problem in iPhone-
- IPhone not connected to the internet: Make sure that your phone is connected to the internet and is getting a stable speed.
- Device ran out of storage space: If your device has run out of space, then delete the unnecessary apps and then try using Comcast. If it still creates the problem, then uninstall and re-install it again.
- Improper or incorrect email settings: Make sure that the server settings are configured properly. Incorrect settings can also cause the issue of Comcast not working on iPhone.
- Wrong password: When you’re accessing Comcast on iPhone, ensure that the username and password you’ve entered is correct.
- Device not updated: The problem of Comcast email not responding is also associated with the iPhone when it is not updated to the latest version.
- Comcast email account got compromised: There is another possibility of Comcast not working error on iPhone is that your account might have been hacked.
- 3rd party app interfering with Comcast on iPhone: There are certain cases where another app on your iPhone might be preventing Comcast from functioning.
Solution to fix Comcast email stops working on iPhone
In order to get rid of Comcast not working on iPhone device, users need to follow the instructions mentioned below-
- Check the internet connectivity: First and foremost, you need to check if your iPhone is connected to wifi or not. In case you are not connected to wifi, then make sure that mobile data is turned on in iPhone. The problem related to emails not working in iPhone can arise when your phone is not connected to the internet. Once you’ve ensured the connectivity, follow the next step.
- Check the storage space in iPhone: Check if the issue is arising due to lack of storage space in iPhone. If your iPhone is displaying storage problem, then you need to remove the heavy or unnecessary apps from your device. Once done with the uninstallation, restart your phone and check if the problem still persists. Follow the next course accordingly.
- Wrong password: In case you’ve changed the password of your Comcast account from other devices then you’ll get an error when you try to access your emails on iPhone. In this situation, you are required to update the password of Comcast email on iPhone device to make it work properly.
- Scan for virus in your iPhone: Next step to follow is scanning the iPhone for a malicious virus that might be the reason why you are facing difficulty in accessing Comcast email. A virus in your device can cause serious damage to the data stored in your phone. Therefore, it is necessary to eliminate the threat which can harm your data and make the apps irresponsive.
- Check for the latest iPhone updates: Sometimes problems might occur because you have not updated your iPhone device. While updating the device on time fixes most of the issues you are encountering with Comcast email. But, if you still cannot solve the issue, then you need to make certain changes in the configuration. Before doing that, make sure to uninstall Comcast from your iPhone first and follow the setup procedure given.
Re-configure Comcast on iPhone: If the methods/solutions given above do not work for you, then you need to reconfigure Comcast email on iPhone to remove the “Comcast email not working on iPhone” issue. Make sure that the following incoming and outgoing server settings are applied while setting up Comcast on iPhone-
Incoming mail server settings
- Username: enter the username/email address that you use to login Comcast account
- Password: enter the password of Comcast account
- Server port: 587
- SSL: Mark this field as “yes” to enable SSL
Outgoing mail server settings
- Username: Provide your username
- Password: Enter the password
- Server port: 995
- SSL: Mark this field as “yes”
- Incoming mail server settings