Designed by Google, Chromecast allows the users to play the internet-streamed videos using their mobile device on their television or home audio system. Using this device, you can easily stream your favorite movies on your high-definition television and enjoy it on a bigger screen. All you need to do is simply connect your device with Chromecast and cast whatever it is on your mobile screen to your TV screen. Although it is not a very difficult thing to do, difficulty arises when your Chromecast starts creating issues. The Chromecast not working is one of the most common problems faced by the users on a frequent basis. There are few easy things that the users can try whenever they come across this problem. In this article, simple troubleshooting to fix the Chromecast not working problem has been discussed in detail. Those looking for the ways can proceed with the article.
Different forms of Chromecast not working
Chromecast not working is a very common issue that is seen quite often by the users. The issue can trouble the users in many different ways thus preventing them from enjoying the features offered. Some of the Chromecast related problems that are frequently experienced by the users are listed here.
- Chromecast stopped working with a black screen
- Audio issues with Chromecast
- Chromecast not connecting to a device
- Guest mode not working in Chromecast
- Chromecast not working on Mac
- Problem detecting Wi-Fi in Chromecast
- Chromecast not showing in Google Home
- Chromecast stopped working on MI TV
- Media type not supported by Chromecast
- Chromecast unable to cast on iPhone
- Video not supported by Chromecast
- Chromecast working slowly
- Unable to discover Chromecast
- Cast icon not showing in successfully set up Chromecast
- Error message displaying while using Chromecast
- Chromecast built-in not working
- Issues in updating Chromecast audio
- Problem in casting the Netflix videos through Chromecast
How to fix Chromecast if is not working?
Depending on the actual issue that you are facing, there can be different ways to fix the Chromecast stopped working issue. A few simple troubleshooting methods that a user can apply without much technical expertise are listed below. The solutions provided are generic in nature and are seen to work for many of the issues relating to the not working of Chromecast.
Factory reset your Chromecast device
The most basic solution for the Chromecast not responding is that you factory reset your device. Steps for the same have been provided below:
- On the side of your Chromecast device, you will find the reset button.
- Press the button and hold it for 25 seconds at least.
- Your television screen will turn black after which release the button.
- Now restart the Chromecast. All its memory will be erased and it will be restored to its factory setting.
- You now need to begin fresh setup process to configure your Chromecast as if it is a new device.
Fix the issue while setting up Chromecast
While you are setting up Chromecast, there are few things that you can do make sure that the not working issues do not arise at a later stage.
- Your device and your Chromecast both should be connected to the same wireless network.
- The latest version of iOS or Android should be installed on your mobile device
- Your router and modem should have the facility for enabling multicast.
- While naming your Chromecast, try not to use does any special characters as this can cause issues while connection to certain streaming service.
Update firmware of your television, router and Chromecast
Streaming or casting using Chromecast might not work properly in case the firmware of your television, router and Chromecast is outdated. Follow the instructions given below to update the firmware.
- Open your device and go to the settings menu.
- In the ‘About’ section, check your system data.
- Check the version of the firmware you are using currently.
- In case you are using an older version of the firmware, you can see the option to update it.
- Download the latest version of the firmware of your device.
- You need to perform these steps for your television, router and your Chromecast device as well.
- Once the firmware is updated, connect the Chromecast again to your device.
- Hopefully, this update will correct all the problems you were experiencing before.
Adjust your router channels
Sometimes, issues with your router can also cause Chromecast not working issue. When routers between the wireless channels they run on, they can automatically set to the frequency being used by those around you. This can cause interference thus not allowing your Chromecast to work in the right manner. The steps for adjusting the router channels vary depending on the type of router you are using. You can read the instruction manual of your device and then perform the steps as described there.
Other simple solutions for Chromecast stopped working
Some other troubleshooting methods that the users can follow to fix Chromecast not working is provided below.
- Always supply power to your Chromecast device through an open electrical outlet and not through a USB input on any device.
- Keep your Android device and Chromecast device within 4 meters of each other.
- Keep Chromecast on the same 2.4 GHz frequency Wi-Fi router band as your Android device.
- Make sure your device meets the minimum system requirement before connecting it to Chromecast.