A lot of users prefer the functionality and user interface of Outlook over any other email service. Although Outlook works fine with most of the email services, it can also show some errors on rare occasions. The situation for Att.net email users is quite similar. Most of the time, AT&T email works fine on Outlook but occasionally some errors and issues cause severe problems as well. The problems can occur at any time no matter if you are sending/ receiving AT&T emails on Outlook or just trying to AT&T email account on Outlook.
ATT Not working with Outlook Solutions
If you are an AT&T user and your Att.net email not working with outlook then this post is just for you. Here, we will discuss the reasons why you have to face such problems in using AT&T email on outlook. Additionally, we will also provide you with the best solutions so that you can access your Att.net email on MS Outlook with ease.
Why my AT&T email account not working with Outlook?
The reason why your AT&T email not working on MS outlook depends upon the exact problem you are facing. It is not possible to list all the issues and errors in a single post. However, there are some come errors as given below along with their reasons:
ATT login issue: The ATT login problem like unable to sign-in to AT&T email on Outlook generally occurs due to forgetting ATT&T email password.
AT&T email not opening on Outlook: This issue is quite general and it can be caused due to a variety of reasons such as slow internet connection, incorrect configuration etc.
Unable to send AT&T email on MS Outlook: Incorrect IMAP/ POP configuration of AT&T email is the main reason why many users can’t send AT&T email via Outlook.
MS Outlook not receiving AT&T emails: Generally, this problem is also occurred due to an incorrect POP/ IMAP configuration.
AT&T not responding or working slowly: If AT&T working sluggishly on Outlook then it is quite possible that your computer system is not meeting the specification required for MS outlook. However, many other issues are also possible.
In addition to these issues, there are many more problems that can cause a great deal of trouble for AT&T users. Please note that these issues don’t depend much on the MS outlook version you are using. It is very common to see users posting complaints with att.net email not working with outlook 2010, 2013, 2016 etc.
Fix AT&T email not working on Microsoft Outlook issue
Here are the different solutions you can try in case you are facing AT&T email problems on MS outlook.
1st Solution – Check the Antivirus install in your device
First of all, you should ensure that the Antivirus software installed in your PC is not interfering with the MS Outlook. If you think that your antivirus is blocking AT&T email from loading and working properly then you should disable Antivirus for a while. If disabling the antivirus fixes the issue then you should consider changing your Antivirus program.
2nd Solution – Fix AT&T email configuration on MS Outlook
This is the most useful solution of all, no matter if AT&T emails not opening on MS Outlook or your MS Outlook not sending/ receiving AT&T emails you can try this solution. Here is how you can set up AT&T email on Microsoft Outlook
- Launch MS Outlook and click “File”.
- Click on the “Add Account” button and choose “manual setup or additional server” types.
- Choose “POP or IMAP” option and provide your name & ATT email address.
- Then, you need to select account type i.e. POP3 or IMAP. We recommend you to use IMAP.
- Enter the following information if you have selected IMAP in the previous step.
- Incoming mail server: imap.mail.att.net
- Outgoing mail server: smtp.mail.att.net
- Provide your email address and password.
- Check the boxes against “Remember Password” and “Require logon using Secure Password Authentication”.
- Click on the “More Settings” button and check the box against “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”.
- Choose “Use same settings as my incoming mail server.”
- Now, you need to configure your ports as given below:
- Incoming server port: 993
- Outgoing server port: 465
- Select “SSL” for both incoming as well as the outgoing server.
- Click “Ok “and “Finish”.
Now, AT&T email should work fine of MS Outlook. In case the problem continues then you should move on to the 3rd step.
3rd Solution – Switch to IMAP account from POP
As soon as the IMAP protocols got introduced a lot of email service providers including AT&T email are opting for IMAP protocols leaving POP. However, if you are still sticking around with POP instead of IMAP and facing problem then you should switch to IMAP. The steps to switch toward AT&T IMAP server on Outlook are mentioned in the 2nd step.
4th Solution – Remove and Recreate your email profile
In case att.net email isn’t working with outlook even after following the first three solutions then you might able to fix the issue by removing and recreating your email profile. Here are the steps by which you can remove your email profile from MS Outlook.
- Run MS Outlook and click the “File” option from the top of the table.
- Click on the “Account Settings” and then “Manage profiles”
- Click on the “Show Profile” and select the profile you are looking to remove.
- Finally, you need to click “Remove”.
After removing the email profile, you can recreate it by the steps given in the 2nd solution.
5th Solution – Run MS Outlook in a safe mode
If att.net is still not working with MS Outlook then it seems like the problem is with your MS Outlook settings. To check this, you should run Outlook in the safe mode and see if the problem still appears.
- Press “Windows + R” key from your keyboard and type “Outlook/safe”.
- Click on the “OK” button.
The MS Outlook will start now; you have to check if the problem still occurs. In case the problem doesn’t appear in safe mode then it indicates that your Outlook settings or add-ons are responsible for the problem. If your Att.net email doesn’t work in Outlook even in safe mode then you should move on to the 6th solution.
6th Solution – Try to switch to the Google DNS
In some rare cases, the problems in Att.net emails are also caused by DNS. You may switch to Google DNS in order to fix such problems. Here are the steps you may follow to switch to Google DNS
- Click on the “Network” icon appearing on the Taskbar of your PC.
- Choose your network and click “Change adapter options”.
- Right click on your network connection and choose “Properties”.
- From the list, you have to select “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” and click “properties”.
- Select the radio button next to the “use the following DNS server addresses” option and enter the following info.
- Preferred DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Alternate DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
- Finally, click “OK”
7th Solution – Use Att.net email on the web or some other email client
In case the problem continues and Att.net email account still not working on MS Outlook then we recommend you access the Att.net webmail version. In case you don’t like AT&T email web version then you can also opt for other 3rd party email clients like Thunderbird etc.