MSN is an amazing web portal and a collection of Internet Services offered by Microsoft. Like other web portals, MSN also needs username and password to sign-in after you install it on your computer or smartphone. It is not unusual to see many users complaining that they forgot MSN password every now and then. Thankfully, Microsoft provides a very simple yet secure method to reset MSN Password.
It is even more crucial to know the correct method to recover MSN password if you think that your account is compromised. The recovery of a hacked MSN account can be tricky because the hacker might change the recovery options. However, there is nothing to worry about because in this post we will discuss the complete details about MSN Password recovery with and without recovery options.
Can’t Access MSN Email Account? – Reset Password Now
The situation can be extremely frustrating when we are unable to log in to MSN account even after entering the correct password. In such a situation, we left only with only one option that is to reset MSN account password and create a new one. Let’s check out the steps to reset MSN mail password conveniently.
- To recover your password for MSN, first, you have to visit Microsoft’s page dedicated to the account recovery i.e. https://account.live.com/password/reset.
- Enter your MSN username after opening the page.
- Next, Microsoft will ask where you want to receive the security code. Here, you need to choose either your phone number or alternate email Id associated with your account.
- Click on the “Send Code” button once you are done with entering the MSN Password recovery phone number or email address.
- Pick up your phone or log in to your alternate email account to find the security code.
Note: Also check the spam folder if you can’t find security code in your inbox.
- Enter the security code received in the “Verify your Identity” field and click “Next”.
- Now, you just need to provide a new MSN password in the appropriate box and confirm the same.
- Finally, you may check the new MSN login credentials to see if they are working or not.
What are the steps to recover MSN Password with a Phone number or email address
As you can see, the MSN forget password recovery is quite simple when you have a phone number or email linked with your account. But, what if you don’t have access to such options? It is true that MSN account recovery can be a bit tricky in such conditions. Let’s have a look at the steps to follow in such situations.
- First of all, visit the MSN email account recovery page and enter your username/ email address.
- Next, select “I don’t have any of these” when Microsoft asks you about the recovery phone number or email address.
- Then, you need to provide an email address so that Microsoft can contact you regarding the process of recovering an account.
- You are also required to verify the email ID provided.
- After that, Microsoft will ask you to fill the MSN account security form. This form comprises of numerous questions that relate to your MSN account.
- You should answer as many questions as possible. Even if you don’t know the answer, you can take your best guess. A wrong answer doesn’t count against you.
- Once you submit the form, Microsoft will send the result of your recovery request to the email address you have provided.
- In case Microsoft is satisfied with your answers, it will send you instructions to reset MSN account.
What if my answers don’t match
You need to understand that the MSN password recovery using a security form is not a sure-shot method. That’s why adding a phone number to MSN accounts is always recommended.
- Nevertheless, you may try answering security questions again up to two times a day. Try to memorize and find more and more information related to your MSN account before answering.
- Remember, you always have an option to create a new MSN account in case nothing helps you get back your lost MSN password back.
There is no way by which you can bypass the Microsoft security and retrieve MSN account without verifying a security code or answering security questions.
How to Change MSN Password?
In the above methods to recover your MSN account, we were assuming that you can’t remember your current password. But, if you know what your current password is and wondering how do I change my MSN password? then you should go through the following steps.
- To update MSN password, you should log in to your account.
- After signing in, you must open the “Security” tab.
- Choose “Password Security” and type in your current password.
- Provide a new MSN password and type it once again to verify it.
- Finally, choose “Save” to finish up the process.
Keep your MSN account Safe – How to create a strong password?
Being a popular service, MSN always remains on the radar of hackers. That’s why is it is absolutely crucial for you to create a strong MSN password to keep it safe. Let’s go through some dos and don’ts regarding an MSN password.
|Do make sure that your new password is significantly different from the previous one||Don’t use a similar password for multiple accounts.|
|Do use a phrase or sentence and convert it into a string of initials, numbers, and symbols||Don’t create a password using a single word. For example – monkey, sunshine, password, etc.|
|Always make your password tough and hard-to-guess. It must be difficult for someone knows a lot about you to guess the password||Ensure that you don’t use a common series like 123456, abcdef, etc. in your password.|
Additional Tips for MSN password
- Avoid common information like your name, birthday, pet name, your favorite band, etc. while creating a new MSN password.
- In case the new MSN password not working or accepted then you should ensure that it is longer than 8 characters.
- Never use common words like “12345678”, “ihateyou”, etc. as your password.